• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thank you, it's the most annoying thing about the new store layout.

It seems to work well for most things, but it's also possible for the developers of pages to create their own headings (which aren't properly identified on the page) so there will be a few cases where it won't work exactly.

For example:

UNphgo7.png

It'll still hide the stuff you want hidden though. There just isn't way for me to hide the "Steam Greenlight" or "NOW FEATURING TF2 CHARACTERS" sections since the developers/publishers can presumably enter whatever they want into these headings.

Parsnip

This is simply returning the first 10 results from this page and formatting them correctly.

Ah, any plans on filtering? I'm currently just using a bookmark for my filters (PC, Games), would be handy to have it on the front page for sure.

Goodbye HoDOR!

Are you able to do something similar with the storepage?

I'm not mr enhanced himself, but it's already possible with some browser plugins like stylish and stylebot, so I imagine it's really only a matter of time for ES.

Valve employees get access to that.
I believe it gets revoked when you leave the company.
Hey, man. It was you who asked some days ago whether Chrome is any good, right?
You still interested in the game?
---
I have to say the new weeklong format with just a search list isn't really more readable...
Looks eerily similar to GOG if you ask me. I prefer this GOG-styled one much more though.
---
Not sure if it's been posted here or not, but I've been playing The Sacred Tears TRUE, and the developers/publishers comments interested me and I thought it might interest some here.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/316840/discussions/0/34094415755552192/#c613937306791687835
What a shame. One thing I love about PC is that even without having to put loads of money into PR, games can become successful. On the contrary, Valve should make a permanent, highly visible section only for new and smaller, indie titles. There are so many games I'd never find on myself but only by seeing them on friends wishlists/library.
---
Blimey O'Riely that came out of no where. I've not seen much of Resogun bar the initial reveal footage but it looks crazy bright neon particle effect heaven so I'm in.
Edit: Never mind false alarm it's not coming.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903596
Just hope PR said the truth but too early.... believe!
---
oh wow at new Opium bundle, I'm still not sure how legit it is, especially with a name like that. (><)
$10:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
So, anyone recommend Opium bundle for being trustworthy?
Sleeping Dogs and XCOM:EU look cool. Don't know much about RE:ORC tbh.
Then again, 10$ is a bit too much for two games for me.
---
Well folks, im offically 21 now :)
Happy birthday to you my man!
---
This is your friendly reminder to buy Dragon Age : Origins (Ulti) for anyone that doesn't have it.
Is it playable (enjoyable) as a TPS (fantasy Mass Effect-like) or more strategy RPG (Divinity-like)?
---
Sorta unrelated to Steam, but sorta related:
This video makes me wish that UMvC3 (and MvC2, and MvC:Origins) had all made it to Steam before Capcom lost the Marvel license again.
Furthermore, it reminds me of how badass Hiryu is supposed to be... and brings out my salt regarding Strider 2014.
Wish I was into fighting games. MvC has such an iconic roster of fighters. They should make a story mode next time. Would be cool to see a story about so many different characters from so many different universes.
---
Just in time to miss Hitman Absolution I see.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Goodbye HoDOR!

Are you able to do something similar with the storepage?

Yeah, the home page is next up on the chopping block once I iron out the issues I'm having with the store pages (mostly language-based stuff).

fantomena

Sad to hear about Resogun not coming to PC. Would double dip.

Still, other devs should be this clear about games for other plattforms:

Not sure what our PR guys were doing but - Resogun is NOT coming to PC.

A straight out and clear "NO!", not any "no plans right now" bullshit.

Knurek

Sad to hear about Resogun not coming to PC. Would double dip.
Still, other devs should be this clear about games for other plattforms:

Not sure what our PR guys were doing but - Resogun is NOT coming to PC.

A straight out and clear "NO!", not any "no plans right now" bullshit.

50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-tocd.jpeg

Deitus

Is it playable (enjoyable) as a TPS (fantasy Mass Effect-like) or more strategy RPG (Divinity-like)?

More Divinity than Mass Effect (maybe the console version is a bit like Mass Effect). The PC version has an overhead camera with RTS style controls, and a large focus on unit placement. In your comparison, the combat system would be a lot closer to Divinity than Mass Effect (although it is real time rather than turn based like Divinity: OS).

The console version lowered the camera angle quite a bit, and reduced the importance of unit placement and targeted spells, in order to accommodate controllers, which made it more actiony and less strategic. Dragon Age 2 took it a step further, and is a lot more comparable to Mass Effect.

Coldsun

Banned
Welp another year has passed and I'm another year older. Kind of depressing but at least there's some Dark Souls 2 3rd DLC in my future tonight.

L.O.R.D

oh wow at new Opium bundle, I'm still not sure how legit it is, especially with a name like that. (><)
$10:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

a new monday Indiegala:
Mechanic Escape (STEAM)
Pretentious Game (STEAM)
Fly'N (STEAM)
T.E.C. 3001 (STEAM)
Trainz Trouble (STEAM)
Train Town (STEAM)

https://www.indiegala.com/

where that Opium bundle ?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Resogun

Possibility A: Sony has some level of IP ownership, PR was just totally full of shit, it's not happening

Possibility B: Housemarque has an exclusivity period for Resogun and can't yet discuss the possibility of other platforms, even something as vague as "soon" is considered a contractual breach of that term

Skyzard

Banned

Possibility A: Sony has some level of IP ownership, PR was just totally full of shit, it's not happening

Possibility B: Housemarque has an exclusivity period for Resogun and can't yet discuss the possibility of other platforms, even something as vague as "soon" is considered a contractual breach of that term

I was thinking/hoping it was this too.

It's not like the guy would mistake Resogun for something else or not know what he meant when he asked about it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Sony owns the IP

I was thinking/hoping it was this too.

It's not like the guy would mistake Resogun for something else or not know what he meant when he asked about it.
well
7ZmEfiV.png

https://twitter.com/Housemarque/status/516637788012568576

Dr Dogg

You know much may have been said and now done but at night and when it's raining Watch Dogs has a certain look to it that I still find pleasing.

Even interior shots have a lot going on in the background.

I know day-night cycles are all the rage for open world games but maybe as a design choice having that almost perpetual overcast rainy day look ala Se7en could have worked wonders for Watch_Dogs.

xBladeM6x

What's hilarious, and a punishment to the developer on it's own, is when they say almost proudly, "No there's no chance for it on PC, lel", they're basically saying, "We hate money and profit btw".

zkylon

zkylewd
I just went into Pics that Make You Laugh and no one read that last page (or two), especially zkylon.
lol i just gave that thread a quick look last week and thought it wasn't for me

i think i knew

I'm liking it.
It seems larger than the first two, and I've only fought one boss so far. It's really maze like in it's structure. It has that same feel for me that Undead Burg has, where you keep going forward but then you open a door and realize that hey it's a shortcut to an earlier part.

There's a lot of snow.
oh nice that sounds totally awesome

undead burg is probably my favorite area in the whole dark series

i wonder how hard it'll be with my new game character, i left it after nashandra and died like 5 times in the whole game so i think he's pretty beast. no super weapons or anything cos i didn't want to go thru spidercove more than once heh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wouldnt mind a Watch Doges sale right about now to test out the new rig next week. that being said, Assassin's Creed Middle Earth Edition, Ripley simulator and RE4-2 should be good for that too

It seems to work well for most things, but it's also possible for the developers of pages to create their own headings (which aren't properly identified on the page) so there will be a few cases where it won't work exactly.

For example:

It'll still hide the stuff you want hidden though. There just isn't way for me to hide the "Steam Greenlight" or "NOW FEATURING TF2 CHARACTERS" sections since the developers/publishers can presumably enter whatever they want into these headings.

Maybe it's a silly question but... Can't you find every section that doesn't have an id that is "standard" and turn them all off?

Dr Dogg

wouldnt mind a Watch Doges sale right about now to test out the new rig next week. that being said, Assassin's Creed Midle Earth Edition, Ripley simulator and RE4-2 should be good for that too

Maybe but I feel a lot of hoohaa has been made about the requirements for those three rather than how much they'd push hardware. Ryse looks to me to be the next test of current PC hardware and AC Unity is looking to have some ridiculous high settings and effects from the Nvidia slides.

I'll purchase this game when it's cheaper, just for the setting. I never get tired of wet pavement shots Ô.Ô

Sleeping Dogs always looked best in the rain and even Black Flag had it's moments when the heavens opened.

dude im coming from a i5 750 with a gtx580 >_> I dont need much to test shit out :(

Hahaha oh come on when you got new toys coming it's always nice to be able to aim for the stars. Plus there's always the back catalog to go back through again. Well that or Dark or Ride to Hell down sampled to the moon and back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe but I feel a lot of hoohaa has been made about the requirements for those three rather than how much they'd push hardware. Ryse looks to me to be the next test of current PC hardware and AC Unity is looking to have some ridiculous high settings and effects from the Nvidia slides.

dude im coming from a i5 750 with a gtx580 >_> I dont need much to test shit out :(

jshackles

Maybe it's a silly question but... Can't you find every section that doesn't have an id that is "standard" and turn them all off?

It may be possible, but of course doing it this way would mean that when anything new comes to the store, like a new section on the app pages, it would be hidden by default if you had the "everything else not listed here" button unchecked.

I've tested this with about 100 different app pages and so far have only run across about 5 of them that were using that custom heading though.

Rhaknar

Hahaha oh come on when you got new toys coming it's always nice to be able to aim for the stars. Plus there's always the back catalog to go back through again.

Batman Oranges (I would say Asylum and City but I finished those) with full PhysX using the dedicated card.

giphy.gif

I could never use full physx before, my current rig would just go "lol no"

Dr Dogg

Batman Oranges (I would say Asylum and City but I finished those) with full PhysX using the dedicated card.

http://media.giphy.com/media/uNp22kQO4QCxa/giphy.gif[IMG]

I could never use full physx before, my current rig would just go "lol no"[/QUOTE]

Ooohh good choice(s). For me Asylum is the real PhysX show stopper. Not only the crazy Dynamic Paper and fog everywhere but the Scarecrow scenes are amazing with PhysX cranked up. Here's a vid of all the PhysX effects and the differences.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GyKCM-Bpuw[/url]

Miguel81

I could never use full physx before, my current rig would just go "lol no"

Haha. Purchased 5770 in '09 and played Mirror's Edge first. So far, so good. Then when I get out of Pope's office, glass starts shattering, and the system lock-ups. "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" -5770.

Well...I've bought the GTA Collection now...please stop putting stuff on sale...I have no willpower

Nothing stops this train.

Rhaknar

so how easy is it to setup a physx dedicated card anyway? how does that even work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom