• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
giphy.gif

Why are you using the white theme.

White Theme is Best Theme, even after waking up in the middle of the night.

Jawmuncher

Exactly. It was the Persona-like social links without the tedious dungeon grinding of a Persona game. I would love to play a "real" sequel.

I liked what it tried to do, but all of the social links and the story itself were just too uninteresting. I would like to see a sequel as well though that would rectify that.

Echoplx

http://media.giphy.com/media/l9FAwJOXYprFe/giphy.gif
Why are you using the white theme.

Dark themes are actually worse for my eyes somehow, anything with a dark background and white text leaves "imprints" in my eyes for ages.

My eyes are pretty fucked though.

Braag

Why are DVDs still a thing for PC gaming anyway?
I'm assuming DVDs are cheaper than Bluray and Bluray still has been barely adopted for PCs due to price.

Something I've been wondering too. I guess most people still own DVD drives even though Blu-Ray drives and players aren't that expensive anymore.

kiyomi

Dark themes are actually worse for my eyes somehow, anything with a dark background and white text leaves "imprints" in my eyes for ages.

My eyes are pretty fucked though.

Depends, for me. Dark GAF isn't totally white text on a pure black background which is probably why it's okay for me. Sometimes when it's a completely black background with white text - and certain fonts - I find it impossible to read.

Light GAF just feels wrong these days.

Milamber

Disc drives!? What am I, a cave-man!? Last 2 PC's I built don't even have disc drives.

EDIT: Though I would welcome the return of the LaserDisc™ format.

JaseC

Something I've been wondering too. I guess most people still own DVD drives even though Blu-Ray drives and players aren't that expensive anymore.

Yeah, Blu-ray never really took off on the PC because by the time PC drives had come down within reach of the average consumer there was already a strong preference for digital distribution. I feel that I can confidently say there'll never be a PC game that will have a BD-based physical release, outside of perhaps the very occasional Special Edition or whatever.

Disc drives!? What am I, a cave-man!? Last 2 PC's I built don't even have disc drives.

I bought a BD drive along with my SSD, which proved to be a good decision as I have no idea where my Arrietty BD is but there's a backup of it sitting on my PC... somewhere.

oipic

I use the white theme, I prefer it. Plus it looks less offensive at work.

Yep, light theme at work, as it looks a little more like something I could be browsing heavily for professional research purposes.

Dark at home and everywhere else.

Arthea

Pssh! That was nothing compared to the disc swapping madness of being an Amiga gamer.

pfft! That's nothing, lemme find a pic of Monkey island on something like 20 8-inch floppy disks.

What the hell, is this Alternate Avatar Wednesday or something?
Why not Olivier?

he's funny, there is no denying it, but Estelle is even more funny and fun.

You guys are old.

rude!

Dr Dogg

This is the real bad boy

http://flashbackgames.co.uk/ShopResources/2733/Thumbs/IMG_6671.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Bloody Nora I didn't know Beneath a Steel Sky used that many disc's. I know Lure of the Temptress was also mammoth in size. Good job there was a hard drive add on for the Amiga.

Derp

Guys, where do i go to check the Steam statistics where it shows how many people are online and lists the most played games right now?

I really dislike the new Steam layout. If anything it's worse than before in my opinion. The curators thing is okay i guess, but at least give the option to get rid of this stuff?

Braag

What if someone hands you a disk and tells you in panic "The secret is inside that. They must not get their hands on it! The fate of the humanity lies in your hands now..." then escapes.
You have no DVD drive to even play the disk...

BTW guys, how was the shadow of mordor download for you guys? First time it took so long for a game to finish downloading for me. I was getting a DL speed of 10MBps and it took me a bit more than 40 minutes. I'm not complaining or anything, just curious how it went for people with slow DL speed

Echoplx

I hope Valve roll out the new style to the community pages soon, they seem to be slowly bringing the changes to all the store related pages. Would be nice to have a consistent style, it's pretty jarring right now.

r3n4ud

BTW guys, how was the shadow of mordor download for you guys? First time it took so long for a game to finish downloading for me. I was getting a DL speed of 10MBps and it took me a bit more than 40 minutes. I'm not complaining or anything, just curious how it went for people with slow DL speed
Took me 11 hours. 11 damn hours at 1.6mbps. Big games are tough on my connection :/

The best part of Persona without the worst part of Persona? I should really play Cherry Tree High.

Yes you should. I played it before it hit Steam (someguyinahat doesn't double dip.) I also played it before I played Persona, so I likened it to the Fate system of Devil Survivor 2. But it's a pretty cute game.

Mine was fine but I preloaded it so I dunno if it's a server load thing or whatever.

Knurek

So, failing 1.5 TB Steam HDD is backed to a new, shiny 3.0 TB Steam HDD.
About 1.6 TB of free HDD space. Time to assrape both my ISP and Steam Servers, methinks.

Derp

Hover over the "Store" link and there's a "Stats" shortcut there.

That's one thing that hasn't actually changed with the new update :p
Hahaha i had a feeling that was the case after being told where it was. I've never payed attention while hovering over the store button before :p

I should apologize to Steam.
You're still ugly though.

Arthea

wait, there are no more most popular among your friends on a new store (lifetime/2weeks)? Or your friends recently bought or wish for, no statistics at all only general steam stats!
That's a disaster!

But 4 TB's are cheap now.

seriously? define cheap

Turfster

I'm just not familiar with a lot of the folk here outside of JaseC, Grief, Jshackles, Milamber, and Atraveller. Those have been the more prominent ones. A few others, too, but I can't remember their handles(only avatars).

Edit: Oh, and DrDogg, too, the resident photographer.

singlemanlytear.gif

Turfster is going to be so upset.

Friend!

Just for Knurek:
Millennium 4 keys are now available for the IR Debut 10 bundle

JaseC

But 4 TB's are cheap now.

Their gigs-per-dollar ratio isn't quite as generous, though. Here in Australia there's roughly $50 separating a 3TB drive from a 4TB one versus the ~$25 difference between 2TB and 3TB drives.

Godan

So when should we expect the next big sale for steam?

Been looking at getting a few games over the next couple of weeks but don't want to get them if a sale id coming up soon as they could be on that.

JaseC

About 8 weeks from now. Time flies! There'll be a smaller Halloweeen Sale later this month, though (only games that fit the theme will be discounted).

Turfster

Been looking at getting a few games over the next couple of weeks but don't want to get them if a sale id coming up soon as they could be on that.

The next "big" one is the winter sale.
We might get a smaller one before that.

Knurek

Bioshock Infinite at 75% off, Season pass at 50% off.
No sale for Bethesda DLCs.
Borderlands 2 being featured at least 5 times.
//Edit
Ah, misread 'when' for 'what'.

JaseC

The next "big" one is the winter sale.
We might get a smaller one before that.

The Autumn Sale is late November. Historically there has never been a metagame, but it's always been equal to the Summer and Winter Sales insofar that virtually everything is discounted.

FloatOn

About 8 weeks from now. Time flies! There'll be a smaller Halloweeen Sale later this month, though (only games that fit the theme will be discounted).

Horror games I'll probably pick up during the October sale:

Obscure collection
Year Walk
The Room
Knock Knock
Lone Survivor

And though they are relatively new releases I'd love to see Neverending Nightmares and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter get some kind of sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom