• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea how long that game is, so I couldn't recommend it to you as a game that's "only a few hours long" ;p

Has any Steamgaffer actually played it already? There was a lot of talk about it before it came out, but I didn't read anything about it since.

The problem is that I've played it already and know the twists, so I haven't felt like playing it again yet. I'll get around to playing the Steam version eventually though.

Arkham City is fantastic. So...many...Riddler trophies.

There are too many :|

It's almost as if someone during development thought to themselves "remember how asscreed had like 400+ flags to collect? Let's do that, but with puzzles!" and everyone went with it. Collecting 400 Riddler trophies and solving puzzles just left me burnt out on Batman. I didn't have that problem with Asylum. I kinda hope that Knight reduces the amount of Riddler stuff it, honestly.

Christ, StarDew Valley, what is taking you so long!?

Geez, this looks better than some of the more recent Harvest Moon games I've played. If it plays as good as it seems, I'll gladly buy it.

Can anyone with a twitter account hit up @indieroyale and ask them how bloody much it will take them to add Millenium 4 keys?
They had the keys from dev ever since 19.09.2014, so close to two weeks and still friggin nothing.

I still haven't received keys for either 3 or 4 after buying it from GMG at one point during a sale. I made sure to do that after asking the dev if those versions would get Steam keys, and they said they would.

It seems to be a chronic problem with Aldorlea :p

some new stuff from the coming soon section

Always good to have a new strategy RPG game on Steam. I hope it's good.

Just for Knurek:
Millennium 4 keys are now available for the IR Debut 10 bundle

I'm never going to get a key for Millennium 3 unless I buy it in a bundle, am I?

Bioshock Infinite at 75% off, Season pass at 50% off.
No sale for Bethesda DLCs.
Borderlands 2 being featured at least 5 times.

Missing some Alan Wake in there.

Arthea pls

Turfster

The Autumn Sale is late November. Historically there has never been a metagame, but it's always been equal to the Summer and Winter Sales insofar that virtually everything is discounted.

True.
Autumn is more of a one week winter sale preview tho.
Somehow, it felt... less than the two big ones ;)

sprinkles

The Autumn Sale is late November. Historically there has never been a metagame, but it's always been equal to the Summer and Winter Sales insofar that virtually everything is discounted.
Halloween sale is end of October, only horror themed games on sale though.

Arthea

Horror games I'll probably pick up during the October sale:

Obscure collection
Year Walk
The Room
Knock Knock
Lone Survivor

And though they are relatively new releases I'd love to see Neverending Nightmares and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter get some kind of sale.

that's no horror game, though, even if it's amazing one.

Godan

Thanks.

Just don't want to pick up Alien: Isolation or Civilization: Beyond Earth when maybe a month later the could have a bit of money off of them.

Li Kao

Horror games I'll probably pick up during the October sale:

Obscure collection
Year Walk
The Room
Knock Knock
Lone Survivor

And though they are relatively new releases I'd love to see Neverending Nightmares and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter get some kind of sale.

Yeah, I really should work on my horror october list. Just set to play A machine for pigs, seems a little light for october.

Anteater

I don't think I have anything I'm interested in picking up, most of the games I want to try won't really drop to the price I'm willing to pay for, like south park will probably forever be expensive.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I appreciate the Halloween/Autumn sales, but generally nothing gets me spending more money than I intended like the Winter & Summer sales. I always go into them thinking I have everything I want, and they always prove me wrong.

Arthea

I planned to pick that game Dusk liked and which had an original demo, I mean demo being a part of the game, prologue of sorts, I can't seem to remember the name of it though, and for some reason it's not in my wishlist.
Also Claire and Murdered if it's cheap enough.

Maybe the Last Door will go on sale for $2.50 this time since it can't lose to another community vote.
yea the Last door too

Li Kao

I planned to pick that game Dusk liked and which had an original demo, I mean demo being a part of the game, prologue of sorts, I can't seem to remember the name of it though, and for some reason it's not in my wishlist.

yea the Last door too

Yah, Indonesian setting, a schoolgirl with a phone, no ?
Totally plan to buy sometime. Totally forgot the name.

So can someone explain how the DLC for Payday 2 works. I definitely don't own any of them, but I can run The Big Bank heist (for example). I'm sure I don't have the weapons or masks, but I thought the heist would have been locked behind the DLC as well?

What gives? I haven't fired it up to see if the Hotline Miami one is there though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
yea the Last door too
Yah, Indonesian setting, a schoolgirl with a phone, no ?
Totally plan to buy sometime. Totally forgot the name.

Do you two mean Dreadout?

If it goes for 50% off, I might get it. The amount of secrets and atmosphere sold me on the game.

Vazduh

So can someone explain how the DLC for Payday 2 works. I definitely don't own any of them, but I can run The Big Bank heist (for example). I'm sure I don't have the weapons or masks, but I thought the heist would have been locked behind the DLC as well?

What gives? I haven't fired it up to see if the Hotline Miami one is there though.

You can't host the heist if you don't have the DLC, but you can play it if you join other players.

Li Kao

About Payday 1, I get the feeling that in order to win the harder heists you have to grind the earlier ones to gain stats. I mean, stupid question, nearly rhetorical. Is that the case ? And why do I never get levels in the two last specializations ? I suspect it's because support doesn't level up while playing with bots, am I right ?

Milamber

seriously? define cheap
Their gigs-per-dollar ratio isn't quite as generous, though. Here in Australia there's roughly $50 separating a 3TB drive from a 4TB one versus the ~$25 difference between 2TB and 3TB drives.
Not in Poland.
At $173, 1.5 times as expensive as 3 TB drive ($112) with 1.34 times more HDD space.
My view of the pricing is a bit askew, I guess. Though I did buy 3 TB's when they first came out so the prices were a bit high then.

Only owners can host but you can play on the heist without owning, and if you own Hotline Miami you get 4 free masks, some materials, and a locked briefcase melee weapon.

You can't host the heist if you don't have the DLC, but you can play it if you join other players.

ahh that makes sense. Thanks.

Still need to pick them all up on sale!

Yep, this is Payday in a nutshell, grind, grind, grind, repeat.

Playing Payday alone must be torture.

it is. Never again.

I played a few matches just to get the hang of it, but they are nothing but meat shields. Not helpful for stealth.

Dr Dogg

Took me 11 hours. 11 damn hours at 1.6mbps. Big games are tough on my connection :/

Try just over 28 hours for me. Was alright though as I started it yesterday morning and was done when I popped in home at lunch today. Ran a couple of benchmarks and went back to work, such is life :\

kudoboi

changed my profile picture. now nobody recognises me!

Took me 11 hours. 11 damn hours at 1.6mbps. Big games are tough on my connection :/

hey at least you don't have the glitch where the game download keeps going to "not queued" after 30 seconds. i have to sit there and constantly resume the download or get a auto mouse clicker. either way, it could take days to download a 2GB game because of that. still have not fixed it after 6 months

Milamber

hey at least you don't have the glitch where the game download keeps going to "not queued" after 30 seconds. i have to sit there and constantly resume the download or get a auto mouse clicker. either way, it could take days to download a 2GB game because of that. still have not fixed it after 6 months

I had that happen for me in Mordor, took 10 hours instead of the 5 because it somehow paused my download halfway and decided to download an ETS2 update. Found out about it after dinner before I went to sleep.

Arthea

Try just over 28 hours for me. Was alright though as I started it yesterday morning and was done when I popped in home at lunch today. Ran a couple of benchmarks and went back to work, such is life :\

28 hours? Are you still on dial-up or something?
you take oldschoolness way too seriously (><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seriously, Valve?
2 weeks in and you still haven't fixed the out of region queue barfing?
This is a fucking ONE MINUTE fix.

It's been about 18 months since the current Steam Community went into closed beta and I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox.

How much is The Witcher 3 from... russia? I guess? Any region lock?

$18 in the BST thread, and no.

Edit: Spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

6180 the moon -- MB-40AC4506294727F6 - Taken by Sendou
ARMA: Cold War Assault -- MB-BD8BD4646449A940 - Taken by Woody Invincible

Turfster

It's been about 18 months since the current Steam Community went into closed beta and I still can't invite people to groups using Firefox.

True, Valve time exists for a reason.
Still, you could say the discovery queue barfing is possibly costing them money, so you'd think they'd jump on that ;)

Dr Dogg

28 hours? Are you still on dial-up or something?
you take oldschoolness way too seriously (><)

Hurrah for awful internet!
I would post my download speeds again but last time it prompted a 4 page derail so nah. Also why you looking at this almost out of context spoiler tagged sentence. I could have put anything in here and ruined your day or game you wanted to play.
Lets just say that dial up isn't that far off.

Wat?28 hours....? Someone needs to get off that dialup

In about 6 months time the telephone exchange here maybe getting upgraded to fiber. I say maybe as the telecoms company has pretty said 'we'll talk about it in 6 months'. Still baby steps.

Everybody need to greenlight Amazing Frog?

My friend bought an Ouya for Amazing Frog? alone and it's so much fun. Similar genre to Goat Simulator in terms of weird 3D platforming antics, but way, WAY more entertaining and better designed. It's hilariously enjoyable in split screen.

EDIT:

9PTP6pW.gif

Disc drives!? What am I, a cave-man!? Last 2 PC's I built don't even have disc drives.

EDIT: Though I would welcome the return of the LaserDisc™ format.

Heck, I'm getting pretty close to getting hard disk drives out of my life for good.

If it spins, I don't want it.

Vuze

Ah I feel you. Should get my copy within this week and I'm not exactly looking forward to the 30h+ download. Patience is a virtue.

Hurrah for awful internet!
I would post my download speeds again but last time it prompted a 4 page derail so nah. Also why you looking at this almost out of context spoiler tagged sentence. I could have put anything in here and ruined your day or game you wanted to play.
Lets just say that dial up isn't that far off.

In about 6 months time the telephone exchange here maybe getting upgraded to fiber. I say maybe as the telecoms company has pretty said 'we'll talk about it in 6 months'. Still baby steps.

A+ for that terrific spoiler. Totally ruined that for me, jerk.

Also, where are you located that you aren't set up with fiber yet (if you don't mind me asking)? I thought I was like the last of the cities to get it in Aberdeen.

Teppic

Browsing all F2P releases on Steam doesn't work for me. It will only show a few selected titles, but not all of them. For example, if I search for "Only If" I will find it, but if I check the tag "free to play" I won't find it. Any solution?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Yeah, there's a 10% base early bird discount and a further 5% off for each Witcher game you own, so $18 is going to be the best price for quite a while.

All right, stupid question incoming: They can't retroactively region-lock the game right? :lol
I mean, if I buy it say tomorrow, and I activate it the same day, it's going to be mine without any risk right?

Sorry, never done this before. :p

All right, stupid question incoming: They can't retroactively region-lock the game right? :lol
I mean, if I buy it say tomorrow, and I activate it the same day, it's going to be mine without any risk right?

Sorry, never done this before. :p

It's my understanding that they CAN, but I don't believe there is a case where this has happened. If you activate, you should be safe.

Knurek

Any news about any potential FFXIII South America lock?
Nuuvem still doesn't have keys for the game, and I can't help but wonder whether Squeenix manages to add region lock to the game before release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom