• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

All right, stupid question incoming: They can't retroactively region-lock the game right? :lol
I mean, if I buy it say tomorrow, and I activate it the same day, it's going to be mine without any risk right?

Sorry, never done this before. :p

It's RU tagged, so they can. But it has been unlocked for so long, they would piss many customers.

Jawmuncher

Any news about any potential FFXIII South America lock?
Nuuvem still doesn't have keys for the game, and I can't help but wonder whether Squeenix manages to add region lock to the game before release...

As of late haven't keys been getting past locks?

KainXVIII

Sell or unpack?!

i3n0sdqo5Z9X0.JPG

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's my understanding that they CAN, but I don't believe there is a case where this has happened. If you activate, you should be safe.

It's too late for any heavy-handed region-locks to stick, but there have been brief "scares" in the past like Black Flag's original RU/CIS pre-order subs. At worst there'll just be an activation lock, although it would seem CDPR's given up on trying to make that work.

Any news about any potential FFXIII South America lock?
Nuuvem still doesn't have keys for the game, and I can't help but wonder whether Squeenix manages to add region lock to the game before release...

South America falls under the ROW sub (or rather the "NE" sub, which I assume means North America/Europe despite what I just said). Even if Squeenix does region-lock Nuuvem's keys specifically to Brazil, historically Valve hasn't cared at all about people using VPNs to get around that, presumably because it doesn't actually see a cent from retail key activations.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It's too late for any heavy-handed region-locks to stick, but there have been brief "scares" in the past like Black Flag's original RU/CIS pre-order subs. At worst there'll just be an activation lock, although it would seem CDPR's given up on trying to make that work.

I wonder if that was internal interest or a publisher was pushing CDPR for the change.

Hurrah for awful internet!
I would post my download speeds again but last time it prompted a 4 page derail so nah. Also why you looking at this almost out of context spoiler tagged sentence. I could have put anything in here and ruined your day or game you wanted to play.
Lets just say that dial up isn't that far off.

I am very afraid of spoilers and avoid them like the plague. On the other hand, I always reveal vague spoilertags because the curiosity kills me. I'm an idiot.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So basically the odds of CDPR locking the game at any point in the future are really low. I think I might just say screw it and go for it.

JaseC

So basically the odds of CDPR locking the game at any point in the future are really low. I think I might just say screw it and go for it.

Better safe than sorry. The game won't be cheaper post-release until its first sale.

Li Kao

Yep, this is Payday in a nutshell, grind, grind, grind, repeat.

Playing Payday alone must be torture.

Hmm, not yet, but yeah it will surely become a torture soon. At least the bots do a pretty good job at killings enemies and are rarely a problem to rez. And I appreciate that what I took for a L4D clone, meaning heavy emphasis on mindless shooting, is in fact more subtle than that. You go at it like a shooting gallery, you won't last long.
That being said, while a good idea in theory, the grind seems really heavy.

Dr Dogg

Ah I feel you. Should get my copy within this week and I'm not exactly looking forward to the 30h+ download. Patience is a virtue.

Knowing my flip-flopping gaming habits recently if I'd had it downloaded earlier I'd probably only played a couple of hours by now anyway so it's no biggie. Though the moment two people try to do any heavy downloading like watching a video or streaming music it all goes to crap. It's kind of like fights that break out when you're having a nice hot shower and someone turns the cold tap on.

A+ for that terrific spoiler. Totally ruined that for me, jerk

I am very afraid of spoilers and avoid them like the plague. On the other hand, I always reveal vague spoilertags because the curiosity kills me. I'm an idiot.

The thing about spoiler tags, even if you don't want to look but want to reply to the post as soon as you quote it all is revealed!

Also, where are you located that you aren't set up with fiber yet (if you don't mind me asking)? I thought I was like the last of the cities to get it in Aberdeen.

Just north of Bristol. The issue is that the exchange here only has about 700 people connected to it and BT saw it as not worth there while. Though after much complaining to the council they have offered a grant to them to get our speeds up to snuff. Though it's taking bloody ages. I should have done what shackles did when he and his family moved and scoped out the area and the infrastructure before making a stupidly long mortgage commitment in this housing market. Not that I had a say in things anyway.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Better safe than sorry. The game won't be cheaper post-release until its first sale.

Wait, are you telling to go for it? :lol
That "better safe than sorry" sounds like "what if they lock it and you're screwed". Maybe I'm misintepreting it, ahah.

Tesseract

Banned
Wrack is truly awesome, you should feel shame for your worldly deeds if you don't buy it.

"It reminds me of first-person Mega Man." -- Keiji Inafune

I wish steam had a Mexican luchadore game. I'd so gift like 10 copies to my favorite bros + do giveaways. Then when I send someone a msg to fight me there's no backing out. :( one day the dream will become real

That is the end of my random wish

Arthea

I use spoiler tags to shelter those sensitive from my jokes, they can ignore them entirely and imagine me all serious, wise and scholarly. I think most do just that, judging from reactions.

You think that was bad.

http://i.imgur.com/PajBeNu.jpg[/IMG

Do you have any idea how long it takes to load a program off of a cassette tape?![/QUOTE]

Well I have an old like life on earth computer tape at home and probably even some perfocards, at least I think I have them still, so ya I remember how bad it could get. (><)

[quote="Monosukoi, post: 132434096"]Looks like The Ship, which can only be a good thing.[/QUOTE]

not sure if serious

JaseC

That "better safe than sorry" sounds like "what if they lock it and you're screwed". Maybe I'm misintepreting it, ahah.

There's always a chance that CDPR will play around with ACRTAG again in the future. It could be tomorrow or it could be four months from now.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I don't doubt that the decision to apply ACRTAG in the first place was a result of pressure from Scamco.
With Scamco involved I think it's safe to assume they had something to do with it.

I love not only that the replies were immediate, but that they both lay the blame at the same publisher.

I wasn't sure about the digital side, but CDPR has been open and apologetic about the regional prices and why they are set. If you order it from GOG they usually offset the difference in store cash.

Yes. He is warning that nonCIS regions might be barred from activating the RU edition in their accounts.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I had no idea that games were played via cassette tapes. You learn something new everyday.

Yep, I actually have a cassette drive and several games on tape for my first computer, my C64. The 5.25" floppy drive was always better to use, but sometimes you could only find games on the tapes back then.

How far we've come.

Locust

So Falling Skies: The Game actually looks pretty sweet. Though I wonder if they just licenced the XCOM:EU engine off Firaxis. :v

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285900/

Maybe not right now but looking at this

GB-gl-Characters-1.jpg

It might at least at some point be your dream game
Yea yea that's the one I was talking about, that game looks great! Plus it looks silly which makes it even better! EVERYONE WILL GET A COPY!!(they must play with me at least once tho) we shall wrastle like the olden day days
Can you throw your PC into my head when the game is booted :D
Good idea!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yep, I actually have a cassette drive and several games on tape for my first computer, my C64. The 5.25" floppy drive was always better to use, but sometimes you could only find games on the tapes back then.

How far we've come.

I had a C64 as my first computer too! Didn't have a cassette drive though, just a floppy one. Good times. I remember going from that to the NES, then the Mega Drive, then the Nintendo 64, the Gamecube, the Playstation, Playstation 2, PS3 & 360 and finally, returning to the personal computer. I'd still happily go back and play Flimbo's Quest on the C64 though. I had it on a 4-in-1 cartridge along with Fiendish Freddy's Big Top of Fun, International Soccer and Klax. Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom