• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsfaeksBR

My cousin's birthday is coming up and I want to give him a game, but I still don't know which one.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor
The Last of Us: Remastered

I figured I'd ask this here because we all know SteamGAF has the best taste for games, so...

My cousin's birthday is coming up and I want to give him a game, but I still don't know which one.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

I figured I'd ask this here because we all know SteamGAF has the best taste for games, so...

I had a lot more fun with Mordor than I had with Watch_Dogs.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

if he needs a game for his PS4 then obviously TLOU...if he'd rather have PC then SoM

I'd be happy getting WD if I were him but just my opinion...can't really go wrong with any of those

no one remembers me ;(
I do, for you are a pretty nice guy ;)
---
Pssh! That was nothing compared to the disc swapping madness of being an Amiga gamer.
Damn, the memories. I had this on my trusty Amiga 500... but the peeps who sold us the system+games didn't put the manual in :( So I never came around playing it. The pixel art was so nice, too.
---
Today I:
- Made $6 selling TF2 items I forgot I had from game preoders, with a few more left to sell
- Came home to Persona 4 Arena Ultimax sitting on my doorstep.
- Finally get to play Shadow of Mordor after spending the last week in anticipation.
- Found out the first recorded case of Ebola in the US is about 30 miles away from me ヽ(゜ロ゜;)ノ
Overall, pretty good day.
And I liked you so much... what a shame! :p
---
Hey guys, I remember some time ago that Gamespy shut off servers for some older games. Battlefield 2 was one of them afair. Read about Gameranger and Battlelog providing still support on the forums. Would still be cool to hear from peeps here who used these methods and tips what to pay attention about.
Would anyone be interested in a game night for this? Thought about playing an old game with gaffers for once.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

Can't speak for W_D, but next to The Evil Within, it's at the top of my wishlist. I just need a sale so it's affordable.

I haven't played Shadow of Mordor, but from my activity feed, it seems everyone loves it so far.

TLoU is a great game too.

So what it comes down to is what kind of game does he like?

Does he like stealth games? Does he like games with well-written stories and great voice acting? Get TLoU.
Does he like the Assassin's Creed games? Does he like LotR? Get Mordor.
Is he into GTA type sandbox experiences? Get W_D.

Before it was region locked, Mordor was your most cost-effective gift, in terms of bang for your buck. I think you can still get it relatively cheap through nuuvem tho.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

If he hasn't played TLOU, get him that for sure, if he has get him Shadow of Mordor.

kudoboi

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285900/

Maybe not right now but looking at this

GB-gl-Characters-1.jpg

It might at least at some point be your dream game

ew. i actually like the default characters. they are so kawaii :3

AsfaeksBR

Just found out he actually played TLOU already.
So it's Mordor or W_D...

I think I'll give him Shadow of Mordor since it was the most recommended here.
Thanks, guys!

I played a bit of Remember Me and while the artstyle and graphics are really great, the gameplay itself feels so boring. I mean I can see that it was an expensive project, people talk on the street about things, the textures look great, the enviroments look great, but the actual gameplay feels so shallow.

Just found out he actually played TLOU already.
So it's Mordor or W_D...

I think I'll give him Shadow of Mordor since it was the most recommended here.
Thanks, guys!
Yes mordor is awesome. I've played 2 hours and only did 2 missions. Spent mostly all my time killing orcs. A lot of fun man, loving it

ViviOggi

I played a bit of Remember Me and while the artstyle and graphics are really great, the gameplay itself feels so boring. I mean I can see that it was an expensive project, people talk on the street about things, the textures look great, the enviroments look great, but the actual gameplay feels so shallow.
Yup, game's a joke. I'm glad Dontnod are getting a second shot though.

Echoplx

That's pretty typical for these 'auto platformer' games though, just enjoy it for what it is.

Copons

Just think that it doesn't overstay its welcome.
It took me 10 hours to complete it (including 1-2 hours of idling time) and even though I didn't really disliked the combat system, I should say that it offered a fair amount of variety.
Several kind of enemies (needing different approaches); bosses; chases; ultralight platforming (in the vein of Uncharted/Prince of Persia 2008); some puzzles every now and then; the remix concept.

Eh, I guess that even if you really really hate the combat system, there's plenty of stuff that should give you enough drive to get through the game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

The concept seemed amazing to me when I first heard about it, would have loved to get a really well fleshed out open-world game in that sort of setting. Alas.

I still hold out hope that one day Rockstar will go for a futuristic setting in an open-world game. Blade Runner crossed with Red Dead Redemption with the details of GTA. I don't think they'd risk making a GTA in that setting though unfortunately as it wouldn't hit the mainstream in the same way, but it'd be awesome nonetheless.

Just think that it doesn't overstay its welcome.
It took me 10 hours to complete it (including 1-2 hours of idling time) and even though I didn't really disliked the combat system, I should say that it offered a fair amount of variety.
Several kind of enemies (needing different approaches); bosses; chases; ultralight platforming (in the vein of Uncharted/Prince of Persia 2008); some puzzles every now and then; the remix concept.

Eh, I guess that even if you really really hate the combat system, there's plenty of stuff that should give you enough drive to get through the game.

What I really dislike right now is, that the cutscenes are drawn out far too long. I finished the first 2 episodes now and there are quite a lot of unnecessary cutscenes/walking-speed scenes instead of actually playing the game.

-MD-

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor

Evil Within :)

Echoplx

A boring game? I'd recommend just dropping it. There's too little time for you to be playing a shitty game just cause you happen to own it. Play something fun instead

If the other aspects of the game don't hold your attention then sure, drop it. I enjoyed the story, art and set pieces enough to play through the meh combat. Sometimes it's nice to wind down on a game that doesn't require much from you.

During my playthrough, the AIs in Civ 5 were very unwilling to interact with player other than trading, I thought this game is very diplomacy-heavy?

Grief.exe

During my playthrough, the AIs in Civ 5 were very unwilling to interact with player other than trading, I thought this game is very diplomacy-heavy?

Grease the wheels a bit. I generally give some free gold to a Civ that I'm no where near. Trade away extra happiness resources for one you do not have.

Edit: meant to combine this with my first post.

Turfster

Dog's post a few months ago on this game had me interested immediately.

This kind of game needs to be up on GOG/Steam so more people get the experience, myself included.

Pretty sure it's the Blade Runner license that's keeping it from being on Origin with the rest of Westwood's back catalogue.

inm8num2

Blade Runner is a mess due to EA owning Westwood and the IP belonging to Warner Bros. I hope it gets a digital release one day, but I'm not counting on it.

Everybody need to greenlight Amazing Frog?

My friend bought an Ouya for Amazing Frog? alone and it's so much fun. Similar genre to Goat Simulator in terms of weird 3D platforming antics, but way, WAY more entertaining and better designed. It's hilariously enjoyable in split screen.

EDIT:

9PTP6pW.gif

Awesome, was hoping this would get a PC port. The game grumps episode was hilarious.

Also it's annoying that the multiquote on mobile doesn't work across different pages. And for some reason a lot of pages seem to load several screens off from where they're supposed to be.

Turfster

Wow, the only review says "it's a tad shorter than most [hidden object games.]" So would that put the playtime at an hour and a half or something? Because most of those are not long at all.

There's apparently talk in the steam community forum for the game that it's part 1 of 3, with 2 and 3 never having been made or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom