• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Unfortunately my crystal ball is broken. ;)

That's because it's a snowglobe brah

elsewhere.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Looks like Endless Legend is IGN Prime's free monthly game. Quite a savings if you were interested in the game. Appears to be limited quantities though.

You'll get all 10 games if you buy it now. The price will rise as people buy the bundle. If people pay more than the minimum, the price will go down.
Cool. Can't do much wrong with 0,79€. Bought. Thanks for the heads-up :)
The colors the site uses though, urgh. I have to highlight text to make it readable.
Seems like GMG will give out XCOM: Enemy Unknown for free if you vote in the Joystick Awards this year. Someone I know got that email from them:
They also tweeted it now:
https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/517355806397063168
But how will they know I voted? There was no playfire-login before the vote?!

Porcupine

prohibitrunincountries expand DE

So it can't be played in germany? Why are publishers starting to do this?

Because somehow they don't take the time to get to know the laws in Germany. A lot of these restriction don't need to be there. At least the developers of Dead Rising 3 looked into some of these laws and made their game playable in Germany.

Kiru

Because somehow they don't take the time to get to know the laws in Germany. A lot of these restriction don't need to be there. At least the developers of Dead Rising 3 looked into some of these laws and made their game playable in Germany.

You can even play regular Sleeping Dogs uncut in germany, so why lock this one ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Register the Desura key to receive your Steam key:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 4 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JaseC, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) 6180 the moon #2 -- MB-89C8A2C0EAFA3145 - Taken by redlacs
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) 6180 the moon #3 -- MB-F6229C256EF73620 - Taken by NingenJanai
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) 6180 the moon #4 -- MB-1CC56B21FDD4CACF - Taken by Kalor
Circuits -- MB-645B7C4183CCD643 - Taken by deadflower81
Ascension to the Throne -- MB-E1CC01706009849B - Taken by Deques
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) 6180 the moon -- MB-056188F35D844042 - Taken by Scipius

That's because it's a snowglobe brah

elsewhere.jpg

L2sQJfe.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Looks like the old IGN Prime game is still up too, Five Nights at Freddy's. Endless, Freddy, and a random Marvel Heroes hero box, not a bad deal for 7 dollars.

Vuze

prohibitrunincountries expand DE

So it can't be played in germany? Why are publishers starting to do this?

Well the original was heavily cut in Germany (I played uncut and it was unjustified imo) so... it was to be expected. But yeah, Valve should never have introduced that dreadful tag.

Kiru

Well the original was heavily cut in Germany (I played uncut and it was unjustified imo) so... it was to be expected. But yeah, Valve should never have introduced that dreadful tag.

Nah man, shouldn't be expected if the regular game didn't get that stupid "prohibitrunincountries" tag.

Vuze

Nah man, shouldn't be expected if the regular game didn't get that stupid "prohibitrunincountries" tag.

I don't think the tag existed back when the game was released but I joined the Steam crew in late 2013 so I'm not quite sure.

My cousin's birthday is coming up and I want to give him a game, but I still don't know which one.

Watch_Dogs
Shadow of Mordor
The Last of Us: Remastered

I figured I'd ask this here because we all know SteamGAF has the best taste for games, so...

I haven't played Watch Dogs, but there's not much of a consensus as to whether it's really good or not, let alone whether it is great.

I've played Shadow of Mordor. It could very well end up as my GOTY, if the rest of the game has the same breathlessness as the first 1-2 hours. Reactions lead me to believe it could be so. (Then again, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is coming out, so if I include that, I'm not sure that any other game released this year won't reduce to ashes by comparison.)

The Last of Us? Simply the best choice of the three. I'm having a great time with SoM and part of that is that the game knows just when to realize the story can't carry the game. It turns it over to gameplay pretty quickly, which is, dead on, the right call. TLoU is in the same boat, but on the other spectrum. The story is so strong, despite being a basic replication (with spores!) of The Road by Cormac McCarthy, that it knows when to just let the story carry it. The gameplay is tight and executed just about perfectly, but always serves to advance the fantastic story. It also has pretty good multiplayer. The complete edition comes with all the stuff and junk and whatnot.

No brainer, to me. Candidate for Game of THIS Year doesn't quite trump the candidate for one of the Games of All Time. Possibly. I don't know.

Corpekata

Banned
I like Prototype 2 better. It's one of the few games where I'd argue making it a bit easier improved it. Late game in the first one you'd just have so much obnoxious shit thrown at you at once, tanks, helicopters, monsters, all that could stun lock you for days. Didn't feel much like a superhero by the end with all the cheesy hit and run tactics I was doing. The second one does much better with making you actually feel like a shapeshifting badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom