• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Well, that's Dark Souls 2. I still plan to clean up whatever achievements I have left on NG+, but it was a great ride from start to finish.

Ozium

You know division by zero is undefined, right?

That's how big of a price increase it is, us puny humans can't comprehend it lol

:p

Maybe he is factoring in the human toll.

And valuing himself at a dollar.

epP1Z.gif

tmarg

The IndieRoyale Mystery Bundle is live.

• The Sun At Night
  • Hero of the Kingdom
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

Edit: Man their site just keeps getting uglier.

You know these bundle sites are starting to jump the shark when their big new gimmick is not actually telling you what you are buying. I understand a few unlocks to keep interest up over the course of the whole promotion, but this is getting ridiculous.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I assume the reason Lego Star Wars and Indy never go on sale is due to Disney right? I really want them but screw paying £15.

Yep, but if it helps at all:

Lego Star Wars 3 aside, they're quite cheap in Russia, for what it's worth (US price versus RUB -> USD converted price):

Lego Indy: $19.99/$8.30
Lego Indy 2: As above
Lego Star Wars Saga: As above
Lego Star Wars 3: $19.99/$12.49

Snap them up during the Winter Sale if Disney ignores them again.

Ozium

You know these bundle sites are starting to jump the shark when their big new gimmick is not actually telling you what you are buying. I understand a few unlocks to keep interest up over the course of the whole promotion, but this is getting ridiculous.

at least the way groupees is doing it is a pre-order, and you can always wait and see and it becomes as if there was never a preorder... this is just... wat?

it's indieroyale o you know the price will keep going up and up before anything is revealed

Durante

Well, that's Dark Souls 2. I still plan to clean up whatever achievements I have left on NG+, but it was a great ride from start to finish.
NG+? Pah, you haven't played DS2 until you do all the DLC on NG++ ;)

By the way, what time zone is the Steam thread on? It hasn't been September here for a good 18 hours.

JaseC

Different publisher is my guess. The original Lego Star Wars was published by Eidos and the others and indy were published by LucasArts.

The original LSW was also published by LucasArts. Eidos just co-handled retail distribution:

That concept of "worth" on that site is shaky. They say it's 10 games "worth $70." No, if I pay a dollar for them, then it's 10 games worth a dollar. Items have only as much worth as people are willing to pay for them. They should say the games are regularly priced at $70.

I guess I'm just being pedantic.

Edit: If I want to include some games as a giveaway, do I necessarily have to qualify it as a gift? Or how does that work?

kevin1025

Banned

Ended up picking it up, as I've always been curious about The Sun at Night since it was first announced. All other games after that are a nice surprise.

tmarg

Ended up picking it up, as I've always been curious about The Sun at Night since it was first announced. All other games after that are a nice surprise.

If there is actually a game you want to play, then it's obviously a decent deal. This fad is still terrible though.

JaseC

Apotheon's app is now private. For a game that "should have" released over a month ago it sure seems like a long way away.

Kiru

Seems like GMG will give out XCOM: Enemy Unknown for free if you vote in the Joystick Awards this year. Someone I know got that email from them:
Green Man Gaming have once again joined forces with the Golden Joysticks and are offering those that have voted before 20 October 2014 a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown (whilst stocks last).*

This game will be available to you after 23 October 2014, and we’ll send you instructions of how to claim your free game at that time, which will include registering with Playfire and linking to Steam to gain your code.

If you haven’t already voted click here to vote.

*Limited stock available. One game per registered vote. Over 18 years only. The promoting site is open for participants to claim their free game from 23 October 2014 until 27 October 2014 at 11:59 GMT.

They also tweeted it now:
https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/517355806397063168

Vote in this year's @Goldenjoysticks and you will get a free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown! http://ow.ly/Cajc6

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The IndieRoyale Mystery Bundle is live.

• The Sun At Night
  • Hero of the Kingdom
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

Edit: Man their site just keeps getting uglier.

I'll probably just skip this bundle, haven't bought any bundles from Indie Royale in a while. I've already got the Sun at Night, and I'm not interested in Hero of the Kingdom. Actually, I remember giving Hero Kingdom away because it's been in a few bundles already.

kevin1025

Banned
If there is actually a game you want to play, then it's obviously a decent deal. This fad is still terrible though.

I agree with you, it's something that makes a bundle more of a gamble than a must-buy, which defeats the whole purpose of the bundles.

aku:jiki

Seems like GMG will give out XCOM: Enemy Unknown for free if you vote in the Joystick Awards this year. Someone I know got that email from them:

They also tweeted it now:
https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/517355806397063168
That has clusterfuck written all over it, since the actual voting doesn't happen on a GMG site. GMG can't even properly handle accounts between GMG itself and Playfire, how are they going to juggle accounts from CVG too?

Ozium

That has clusterfuck written all over it, since the actual voting doesn't happen on a GMG site. GMG can't even properly handle accounts between GMG itself and Playfire, how are they going to juggle accounts from CVG too?

I believe they did this last year and it worked fine...

Lomax

It worked fine last year (and there was even a game choice) but that was always before the whole playfire thing so it's hard to say really.

Turfster

Daily Prototype 2 75% off

Groupees Sometimes Tuesday bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Circuits
  • Ascension to the throne
  • Them The Summoning
  • Bleed
  • Journey of the King (alpha)
TIER 2: 2$
  • True Rivals - The Revenant (music)
  • The Secret Adventures of Houdini (comic)

ViviOggi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-A2BE74AA60A1F267 - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom