• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Cho Dengeki Stryker is Shonen as all get out.
1D5EA498BAF0296274CC2C8616C50D5271852516

Turfster

If Steam does go open storefront, we'll almost certainly see EA have their own version that is almost directly integrated with Origin, because at that point Valve won't be able to stop it (and presumably won't care).

They've still got like, 40 things to implement they promised 3? years ago.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
EA had an amazing run of bullshit between 2010-2012. They blamed everything on Valve. I bet they even blamed their bullshit Dragon Age 2 pre-pre-order missing Steam on Valve.

Their bullshit didn't stop in 2012.

There are a few EA games that have come out since they stopped releasing on Steam that I would happily buy if it were on the platform, including Dragon Age Inquisition. But I refuse to buy the game on Origin because I like having everything in one place. So it simply means they've lost a sale to me, because I have plenty of other stuff to play. This is true of other games like Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Sim City, and even The Sims 4.

A few of those games I'd consider buying if they were on Steam and even required Origin to launch, similar to Uplay. But for me, "No Steam = No Sale".

There are a few EA games that have come out since they stopped releasing on Steam that I would happily buy if it were on the platform, including Dragon Age Inquisition. But I refuse to buy the game on Origin because I like having everything in one place. So it simply means they've lost a sale to me, because I have plenty of other stuff to play. This is true of other games like Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Sim City, and even The Sims 4.

A few of those games I'd consider buying if they were on Steam and even required Origin to launch, similar to Uplay. But for me, "No Steam = No Sale".

jshackles' next project: "Enhanced Origin." Hint: It's Steam.

If you are only going to play the single player just grab xliveless and bypass gfwl completely.

Also, general question; would it be a problem to post a link to a certain "steam underground" community here? There is an updated version of xliveless there that works with every gfwl game and even let's you manually load DLC but it was initially created for illegal purposes so I'm not sure..

Cool, thanks, I'll have to try xliveless.

Nabs

I'm with you. 2012 is pretty much when I stopped giving a fuck about EA. I'd buy ME3 on Steam in a heartbeat. Same with Rivals.

DukeBobby

Tried Gods will be watching, and I really don't like it.
On Normal difficulty, the game is totally random. Really, for example if I try to calm a hostage with low moral, he escapes from the room instead of calming down, die is way to easy and I can't figure out a scheme.
I tried Easy difficulty but...it's boring like hell. And those random things sometimes happen, like in chapter 2, you can screw up your play because of luck.
Also...one screen?
Really I read there are seven chapters in this game, so...seven screens? It's all?
I'm disappointed. I thought this was a point and click adventure with survival elements and some heavy conseguences despite your choices, not a randomness simulator.

I bought this at release, but I still haven't played it yet.

GAF impressions haven't been great, so I think this one will be in my backlog for a while.

Lomax

They've still got like, 40 things to implement they promised 3? years ago.

Yeah, but most of those things are stuff consumers would want, not an additional source of income. I can even imagine EA doing something like f2p "versions" of their games which are essentially demos and you buy the complete upgrade in-game from Origin. There's honestly quite a lot of pretty nefarious stuff one could do with an open storefront, which is probably why Valve has been hesitant to go that direction.

Parsnip

I'm with you. 2012 is pretty much when I stopped giving a fuck about EA. I'd buy ME3 on Steam in a heartbeat. Same with Rivals.

Yup, I would complete my Steam ME collection as well if they were to release it.

Does ME2 still use Bioware bucks for DLC?

AsfaeksBR

Can someone please link me the thread where people discuss about pc hardware to those who want to change their rigs, please.
I can't find it anywhere

Parsnip

Unfortunately.
That's just incredible.

Some extras from some past bundles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Space Hack -- MB-C35CEDD6F388B0D8
Hammerfight -- MB-6F43F365BFC3808F - Taken by autoduelist
The Bridge -- MB-3FD0E029925C1304 - Taken by agniswarm
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-7BBCE0C4376C9104 - Taken by Kiru
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-E07317EBD258098B - Taken by Benedict
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-D4FBDB44289534EF - Taken by hepburn3d
Ichi -- MB-5FC6C692CEE4666A - Taken by MillionStabs
Avencast: Rise of the Mage -- MB-2DFACA82E4F24A1D
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-ECE82A18E5B7A171 - Taken by Saty
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-4F187823C2892C5F - Taken by Blak_Status
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-2802CD786BE37BE0 - Taken by swx
They Breathe -- MB-E95EF59E5A2B8BBE - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN

Dr Dogg

Yup, I would complete my Steam ME collection as well if they were to release it.

Does ME2 still use Bioware bucks for DLC?

Oh yes. Now on one hand it may be easier to buy and install the DLC as its all handled through Origin and the client now it's still a convoluted pain in the arse unless you plan ahead. Say you want Lair of the Shadow Broker which is 560 BW Points well you buy the points you want through Origin. Trouble is they don't sell them in arbitrary amounts so you have to buy either 400, 800, 1200 or 1600 points so at least leaving you with 260 points left over. Now all the other DLCs for ME 2 are also weird values like 320 for Arival and 560 for the bigger pack like Kasumi's Stolen Memory and Overloard and I think the weapon and skins packs are a smaller non divisible amount too. Dragon Age II is the same. Mass Effect 3 has DLCs priced at 800 and 1200 points respectively so you don't have a negative or positive ballance but it would be far, far similar if they were converted to a monetary amount instead of fucking Disney Dollars!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've never played any ME. I'd buy it if they included proper controller support.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
You mean this year four ? :)
A total of 6 now: (Info)

I just went off of what igbw has noted.

Oh yes. Now on one hand it may be easier to buy and install the DLC as its all handled through Origin and the client now it's still a convoluted pain in the arse unless you plan ahead. Say you want Lair of the Shadow Broker which is 560 BW Points well you buy the points you want through Origin. Trouble is they don't sell them in arbitrary amounts so you have to buy either 400, 800, 1200 or 1600 points so at least leaving you with 260 points left over. Now all the other DLCs for ME 2 are also weird values like 320 for Arival and 560 for the bigger pack like Kasumi's Stolen Memory and Overloard and I think the weapon and skins packs are a smaller non divisible amount too. Dragon Age II is the same. Mass Effect 3 has DLCs priced at 800 and 1200 points respectively so you don't have a negative or positive ballance but it would be far, far similar if they were converted to a monetary amount instead of fucking Disney Dollars!

Bad for consumers, good for EA.

Good evening gaf!
For anyone here interesed in D4
https://mobile.twitter.com/Swery65/status/513832296047054848
I'm not liking the sound of use of now, bad sales? :/
Always wondered how niche games which also are platform exclusive and on the worse selling console can keep the devs afloat? Swery looks like a pretty cool guy though. Has a good fashion sense, real classy.
Wonder why he would accept exclusivity when so many more sales are waiting on PC/PS? He's not first-party MS, right?
---
Woohoo done with the biggest/hardest part of my finals.
Congrats big bear!
---
Cho Dengeki Stryker is Shonen as all get out.
1D5EA498BAF0296274CC2C8616C50D5271852516
Mom? Did she just come out of labor or why does she look like a teen? Also, is the image blown up or why is she blurry/pixelated? The artstyle is one of the better ones for anime imo.
---
I haven't upgraded yet but I intend to keep my generic 670 for PhysX (the EVGA one I'll sell as it still has roughly a year left on its warranty period), although it won't be used right away as it'd have to go in a 4x slot, which would be too constrictive. Spending money on a PhysX card isn't something I'd recommend, however keeping an old one around isn't a bad idea:
Assassins_Creed_Black_Flag_Physx_pcgh_1.png

From top to bottom: PhysX off, PhysX high + GT 640, PhysX low, PhysX high
Crazy how much PhysX nags on performance. Besides nice looking, are there any cases where PhysX adds more gameplay variety?
I thought for SLI you need two of the same GPU though?!
---
Btw, Atraveller. I seem not to have you in my Steam friend list, so I added you
Ah, now I remember. You added me several days ago! I knew I remembered that name but the avi threw me off. Thanks bud.
---
Hey... I have some extra coupons, if anyone wants them. Go figure, I have all the games already...
LLShC.gif
GTA V can be purchased already? And 75% coupon for it. Wow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Epic is still the owner of the IP right?

Yeah, Epic owns everything, but there'd be little sense in Epic itself bankrolling a version for Origin when patching an SP+MP game takes months and Steam is the far more popular service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom