• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the Origin client. I just don't like buying games on there.

I really like the origin client. I've bought a few games there.

J2fXHq1.jpg

Sober

I'm kinda hoping Mass Effect 3 doesn't come to Steam because then I would have to listen to a bunch of people be insufferable about the ending to that game all over again.

Scipius

Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Epigenesis -- MB-8DA2748E4D5C9810 - Taken by Knurek. 2 entrants total.

t1411406681z1.png

Haunted

If the smart people at EA have convinced the suits at EA to make their PC games available without requiring Origin, they're about to earn a lot of money.

Ahh Long Live the Queen is finally on sale again but it's not at the 50% off it was during the Summer / Valentine's Day sale. Decisions decisions.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
origin is better than uplay

I'll take the bait.

1) Ubisoft has the decency to sell me their products at the storefront I am most comfortable with.

2) Ubisoft does not across-the-board impose uPlay on all their titles.

Why would EA games coming to Steam have anything to do with Origin (the client)? How would that even work and why would it have a unique URL.

I don't think that's what this is about.

Jawmuncher

If the smart people at EA have convinced the suits at EA to make their PC games available without requiring Origin, they're about to earn a lot of money.

I definitely think they would earn more even with the steam cut then they do currently on Origin.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
huh why couldn't they jsut make a real game in china :/

That's kind of what I was thinking. The "Season pass" is basically a new campaign of unknown length, a few extra items and quests in the main game, and something that looks like a mobile game.

Right on time for quarter close too... well that's one way to make up for any gaps in the slate's performance.

chronomac

Why would EA games coming to Steam have anything to do with Origin (the client)? How would that even work and why would it have a unique URL.

The first thing I thought when I saw the URL was that EA and Valve formed some sort of service to let you transfer or at least access EA games from one client to another. So you could transfer Mass Effect 3 to Steam or maybe Mirror's Edge to Origin (if you didn't have it there).

But, after thinking about it for a few, there's no way in hell that's going to happen.

Three of the top five selling games on Steam are, in no particular order, a self-described "early alpha" of an MMO that costs 40 bucks, a premium edition pre-order game that costs more than 60, and a five-year-old game that was given out for free last Christmas and that currently isn't on sale.

Have people completely forgotten how to use Steam? Or is it just that I've got antiquated ideas now?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dragon Age Inquisition and The Saboteur on Steam would be amazing!

One day.

I'll take the bait.

1) Ubisoft has the decency to sell me their products at the storefront I am most comfortable with.

2) Ubisoft does not across-the-board impose uPlay on all their titles.

Ubi's not entirely free of guilt here: I'm still waiting on King Kong and Tintin, both of which have been in the registry (albeit in an incomplete state) for a few years now. If Ubi's to make a tie-in to the second Tintin film then there's a chance that someone will remember that the original game isn't quite on Steam, but I don't see King Kong going any further.

Nzyme32

Most likely its nothing. Could be something to do with user generated stores or something that may attract EA back but seems unlikely.

Frankly the biggest news today is that I am now finally listening to the new Aphex Twin album. I never knew dreams could come true

derExperte

Of course it isn't. I sincerely hope no one truly believes it is.

Three of the top five selling games on Steam are, in no particular order, a self-described "early alpha" of an MMO that costs 40 bucks, a premium edition pre-order game that costs more than 60, and a five-year-old game that was given out for free last Christmas and that currently isn't on sale.

Have people completely forgotten how to use Steam? Or is it just that I've got antiquated ideas now?

L4D2 was on sale until a few minutes ago.

Most likely its nothing. Could be something to do with user generated stores or something that may attract EA back but seems unlikely.

Frankly the biggest news today is that I am now finally listening to the new Aphex Twin album. I never knew dreams could come true

Good, isn't it? Been listening to it for a while now.

Turfster

Guys, shadow of mordor premium/season pass discount got extended another week. I'm scurred. SOMEONE TELL ME WHATS GOING ON?!?!

Since the PC port is that horrible that they're not even handing out press review codes, they need to get as much money as possible before the real reviews come out.

Zeknurn

Well it's obvious that Origin will be the name of EA's curated store front for Steam and you will access it along with other curated store fronts through name.steamcommunity.com

not really, the cdn answer is the most likely

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thought I'd ask here

how would I go about using my smart TV as a secondary monitor on my PC for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom