• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

whoa why did nobody tell me there was a hottie in the Roundabout cutscenes?

SteamGAF's taste in women is questionable at best so I thought nobody would understand and kept quiet. Though I'm getting some.... vibes.
Gone Home
vibes. If you know what I mean, not sure where that story is going.

Did you buy one ? Pure curiosity, you're good people, you like Sleeping Dogs and you're the only gaffer who answer my posts ^_^

I've ordered one and 'my' retailer will get them on Monday. Could still end up empty-handed if the demand is too great.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We need a new antagonist like GFWL so we can have truly killer titles to these threads.

Nzyme32

image.php

Is this how you look like now?
:p

Nah, I look significantly less sexy currently

Cramoss

So Injustice.. yay or nay?

How much content is there to unlock in single player? I love unlocking shit ala old times

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just realized that the best psx ff game isn't on steam; Final Fantasy 9!! I loved the cast for that game and the visuals still hols up quite well, but then again I think ff7 also aged well too, just has a different charm is all. Mind you I'm not saying that cause I'm blind with nostalgia since I played both of em for the first time like 4 years ago

I would buy Final Fantasy IX if it were on Steam, obviously.

Unfortunately, if they ever do release it, it'll be the PS1 version.

It's a shame they essentially "lost" all that amazing high definition artwork.

Despite the apparent tepid reaction, GAF is eating through Destiny OTs like no tomorrow.

Bungie could've released Destiny as an Oni HD Remaster and Bungie/Halo fanboys would've ate that shit right out of their hands and said "please sir, may i have more?" Not really surprised, tbh.

So Injustice.. yay or nay?

How much content is there to unlock in single player? I love unlocking shit ala old times

Injustice has a great single player but the netcode for online is BRRRROOOOKKKEEENNNN. As someone who thought that the PS3 version had the best netcode i had seen in a fighter in years, it's really a shame. But if you're just looking for local, on the couch competitive matches and a good campaign, for $5 you could do a lot worse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it, $15 ain't shit. I'll buy FF13 again.

rtcn63

FFXIII was one of the best corridor JRPGs of our generation. For an optimal experience, make sure to have one hand dedicated to drinking Dew and scarfing Doritos.

Chariot

Well son, you gotta highlight such crucial info much more ;)
Alright!

jbgDTYINMKDCv6.png

The game is about Waifus you can choose from, also other gameplay elements.
Roughly 30 minutes left, get to it, boys n girls.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Dragon Commander -- MB-0D1990897A537997 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 58 entrants total.

t1411157670z1.png

Oh, man, Ancient Space looks right up my alley.

Any words on the price? Doesn't sound like a cheap game and I'm getting slight Homeworldish vibes out of it. Anything RTS nowadays will get my attention, I'm very pleased to see one of my preferred genres coming back to life!

Arthea

yeah but each civ has their own bonuses, and I'm assuming that some are a little more easier to use than others...

it really depends on your playstyle, there are better suited civs if you gonna expand, others if conquer, yet others if you are all for science, or peace, etc.
As I said, it doesn't work like that, Civ is rather complex, just read bonuses before choosing, if you are not sure how you want to proceed, choose any and try to make most of its bonuses.

Tizoc

Yo why are fights in FF4 15 FPS, lol.
Main FPS is 30 too, hope the fanbase can come up with some alternatives cuz the NDS look works when everything is tiny. Blow it up to 1080p+ and the models look like PSX era-ish.

Dolor

Oh, man, Ancient Space looks right up my alley.

Any words on the price? Doesn't sound like a cheap game and I'm getting slight Homeworldish vibes out of it. Anything RTS nowadays will get my attention, I'm very pleased to see one of my preferred genres coming back to life!

It's 10% off of 20 dollars on the Paradox website. I got another 20% off with a coupon code at Green Man Gaming. At that price, given it's in my favorite genre and looks amazing, I was willing to take a risk.

Pupo

Yes, Ophelia does. I agree the lip stick failed, but she just tried to look nice for you.Why would you say that to Opephila? :(
Also I think that Lohannah, the elf, is looking quite alright.

I don't know who is Opephila anyway haha
I like the idiot btw (?)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow, that's really cool. Thanks for sharing the link.

No problem. What I'll never understand is that back in the mid to late 1990s artists were paid to produce this kind of work which was then digitized and put into a PS1 game at 640x480 resolution.

I know it would be massively expensive (just like it used to be) to replicate this process using modern techniques, but it's not like it's completely outside the realm of possibility. You have the game's story and basic elements, it just needs a "fresh coat of paint" so to speak. There are a lot of artists I know that would probably donate their time to work on a project like that as a labor of love.

So why the fuck don't we have a modern re-imaging of these classics?

I mean, we have this and the entire Advent Children movie. I think all of Final Fantasy VII's cut scenes were only about 50 minutes long and they already re-made almost 2 minutes of that 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom