• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2016 thread of hoping for better deals elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clunker

How is the PC port of Dragon's Dogma? The only other version I've played is the PS3 one, which was rough at a lot of times - I have an older Alienware Alpha (i3 with 8GB of RAM), curious if I should grab it now. Has it ever been lower than this?

Okay so I bought Shadowrun Returns ages ago put two hours in and got distracted. I will go back to be eventually. I have Dragonfall already to go for after. With Hong Kong on sale should I just grab that too?

Or maybe I should wait to see if I actually like the games first as two hours isn't much to base a strong opinion on I guess.
Honestly, Retrns is the weakest one by far, and Hong Kong is my favorite. I'd skip ahead to Dragonfall and run with that for a while - they expanded the party options and charter between fellow runners more, and the Germany and China settings are IMO way more interesting and distinct than the general Seattle grunge vibe that Shadowrun typically goes for.

I'm considering Rebel Galaxy. Could you guys help me decide?

I own Evochron Legacy (it's a lot like Elite Dangerous) and love it, but since it's a slower kind of game, it's better in longer sessions. However, I have little free time (work, wife, kid, etc) and would like a space game I could play in short bursts.

I like ship/material/crew management, but nothing too complex, I need something I can deal with quickly (too many options usually confuse me). An interesting universe to explore would be cool too (places/lore/alien races), but maybe I'm asking too much here.

Is Rebel Galaxy a good fit?

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

RANDOM CRUD....

Anomaly 2 -- MB-34A87E11B7A20185 - Taken by Nzyme32
Binary Domain -- MB-12413647B9801736 - Taken by lazerfox
Chronology: Time Changes Everything -- MB-9BFF40ECD25A4494 - Taken by Eila
Crash Landing -- MB-91EE921F5FBE0428 - Taken by fuzzy123
Dark Scavenger -- MB-6A8C19519B214BE3 - Taken by Vuze
Fort Defense -- MB-CFD7BD50B96D7EE6
Gunpoint -- MB-D58BC4AB4487EF69 - Taken by GAMEPROFF
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-7645172F5A070635 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Guns of Icarus Online Costume Pack -- MB-75AB84F0CE52F0E0
Guns of Icarus Online Soundtrack -- MB-3A79BE706C0704C4 - Taken by rainking187
Not the Robots -- MB-FC15B3B27C29620F - Taken by voodooray
Oozi: Earth Adventure -- MB-F78F751785A917E0 - Taken by Hakkelus
PORTAL OF EVIL: STOLEN RUNES COLLECTOR'S EDITION -- MB-C59538A4A6F30FFD - Taken by TI82
Psychonauts -- MB-54FD3DC14259AFCE - Taken by sixteen-bit
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-A1AD61D166A9EBB1 - Taken by Javier23
Steamworld Dig -- MB-E00B86B534A11CEC - Taken by Valahart
Syder Arcade -- MB-AD296875403688CA - Taken by gngf123
TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD -- MB-2FB41766FC326D4A - Taken by Wok
frozen synapse -- MB-FE1540F39A7E3249 - Taken by Tapejara
minion masters -- MB-6FEFF728002C08B7
pressure -- MB-85CD156BFEAA4030 - Taken by Reverse Flash

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How is the PC port of Dragon's Dogma? The only other version I've played is the PS3 one, which was rough at a lot of times - I have an older Alienware Alpha (i3 with 8GB of RAM), curious if I should grab it now. Has it ever been lower than this?

its very good

edit: theres a lot of non-crud there

Tizoc

Pc version is definitive ver of the game
Tho baed on ur specs... I recommend getting it and testing it out
If it runs fine for u at 60 fps on low or medium then ur fine but if performance is all over the place u can always opt for a refund

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm considering Rebel Galaxy. Could you guys help me decide?

I own Evochron Legacy (it's a lot like Elite Dangerous) and love it, but since it's a slower kind of game, it's better in longer sessions. However, I have little free time (work, wife, kid, etc) and would like a space game I could play in short bursts.

I like ship/material/crew management, but nothing too complex, I need something I can deal with quickly (too many options usually confuse me). An interesting universe to explore would be cool too (places/lore/alien races), but maybe I'm asking too much here.

Is Rebel Galaxy a good fit?

theres no crew management, only shooting and ship upgrading / buying. I loved it but it gets SUPER grindy near the end, so much so that I actually cheated my way into being a billionair to get the last few ships and upgrade and finish the game.

Felt so dirty at the time too, now looking back im like

giphy.gif

at the cheating, not at the game :3

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My three GOTY, my two favourite games of the last 15 years, and two of my all-time top3 games in a bundle. Happy new year, GAF.
Nice taste in gaming.

theres no crew management, only shooting and ship upgrading / buying. I loved it but it gets SUPER grindy near the end, so much so that I actually cheated my way into being a billionair to get the last few ships and upgrade and finish the game.

Well, I'm one of those weirdos that loves grinding. I mean, I've played Hyrule Warriors for 300 hours on my Wii U ^_^

Thanks for your comments. Also, I've been following this thread and the hidden gems one and you've suggested some cool games, so thanks for that too.

Clunker

Pc version is definitive ver of the game
Tho baed on ur specs... I recommend getting it and testing it out
If it runs fine for u at 60 fps on low or medium then ur fine but if performance is all over the place u can always opt for a refund
Yeah, my PC isn't super high-end (though it's surprising what the little guy can run), so I do a fair bit of "test refunding." I'll likely check it out and see, since I could be in the mood for an RPG with real thick combat. I've been trying a lot of open-world games that I've bounced off of, but I always liked what DD does with scale making traveling to a place actually feel like it's a freaking journey

Rhaknar

Well, I'm one of those weirdos that loves grinding. I mean, I've played Hyrule Warriors for 300 hours on my Wii U ^_^

Thanks for your comments. Also, I've been following this thread and the hidden gems one and you've suggested some cool games, so thanks for that too.

also, mind you, I cheted after I got legit 20 hours out of it, its totally worth it.

those last 4 hours after I was the destroyer of all galaxies were... a different kind of fun :3

What is a good Civilization replacement for a noob in the genre? Would grab Civ VI but it is a bit too expensive for me.

Endless Legend seems to be the consensus, and its the one Im going to bash my head against with my new year's resolution of playing 4X game in 2017

Did someone just call Binary Domain crud?

image.php

My three GOTY, my two favourite games of the last 15 years, and two of my all-time top3 games in a bundle. Happy new year, GAF.

Holy shit this giveaway..

I.. actually entered; you're giving away the one game I want to play the most and I can't really afford it this year.. I feel bad for entering a giveaway for a game I can't afford even though I did buy some other stuff.. In my defense I gave away some games so.. Ah damn it.. I hope I win :)

Just started playing Abzu and it is an absolute steal at 70% off and highly recommended.

Seeing the Soul Reaver games for a dollar something makes me wish we could get a modern remaster/remake so bad.

Rhaknar

but entering for the games you cant afford is...preciely the point? Otherwise you would just buy it? >_>

Nete

I.. actually entered; you're giving away the one game I want to play the most and I can't really afford it this year.. I feel bad for entering a giveaway for a game I can't afford even though I did buy some other stuff.. In my defense I gave away some games so.. Ah damn it.. I hope I win :)

but entering for the games you cant afford is...preciely the point? Otherwise you would just buy it? >_>

This pretty much :p

level1

So I got Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight after seeing loads of recommendations but never actually played the previous 3..are they required to understand the story or can I just go ahead with 4?

RS4-

Windows 10 makes no hassles when it comes to Joysticks?

Like madcatz/hori joysticks or...joysticks for flight sims lol.

I haven't had any issues for my TE2 (ps4 one). It was just plug and play for me. Other people had weird issues like they had to download drivers from the madcatz store or some shit and it still didn't work.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So I got Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight after seeing loads of recommendations but never actually played the previous 3..are they required to understand the story or can I just go ahead with 4?
I only played the 4th and it was an amazing experience.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Like madcatz/hori joysticks or...joysticks for flight sims lol.

I haven't had any issues for my TE2 (ps4 one). It was just plug and play for me. Other people had weird issues like they had to download drivers from the madcatz store or some shit and it still didn't work.
Flightsticks, want to reinstall X-Wing Vs Tie-Fighter at some point

lazerfox

How does Metro: Last Light Redux hold up? I just recently played Doom and Titanfall 2, does it feel slow and boring compared to these two?

Nete

I don't have any problems with my T-16000M on Windows 10. Unless you have something that requieres its own drivers to make certain things (macros and so) I don't think you will see any issue.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member

Awesome giveaway! In for Deus Ex.

Happy holidays/new year :)

Imur

ModBot said:
Instructions for Imur:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate -- MB-161212361624F954 - Taken by Bboy AJ. 23 entrants total.

t1482769750z1.png

HF

RS4-

Ah, I wish I knew.

When I got the X/Tie games from GOG last year? I wanted to play them again but use a controller, shit was a nightmare and I gave up. Could barely set any keys up for it.

Best of luck though!

How does Metro: Last Light Redux hold up? I just recently played Doom and Titanfall 2, does it feel slow and boring compared to these two?

it's a slower game compared to those two but it's not boring at all, have you played the first game? it's a sequel to metro 2033

Can someone explain to me why they have the bundled price for Star Wars Pinball FX2 for over $2 more than buying the packs individually?

jet1911

For those of you who have played MG Revengeance and Transformers is Transformers a lot like MGR but with robots instead? How's the replayability?

Surprised to see Astroneer stil in the Top sellers. :eek:

8dfc45ebe3a41192f8722233ba07e63a.jpg

Generally bundles ought to be cheaper so either they thought no one would notice or they mispriced

lol yeah no kidding with the pic. I was all set to buy the bundle for $12.99 then I looked further at the price breakdown, and buying everything individually comes to $10.28. Ummm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom