• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale 2016 thread of hoping for better deals elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

level1

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (level1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil may Cry -- MB-4BC678C70B62AE8B - Taken by Large Professor. 10 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Styx: Master of Shadows -- MB-17F2556032F48752 - Taken by Vazra. 19 entrants total.
Assault Android Cactus -- MB-12BAF44CEED30977 - Taken by LogicStep. 8 entrants total.
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-E3D29270868ACA6F - Taken by Axass. 12 entrants total.
Rebel Galaxy -- MB-B537A3698314DBDC - Taken by Ladekabel. 20 entrants total.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-364240A60ABCB353 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 11 entrants total.

t1482770314z1.png

Enjoy folks :)

lazerfox

it's a slower game compared to those two but it's not boring at all, have you played the first game? it's a sequel to metro 2033

Slow yes, esp. after those two. But it's a decent game.

I finished it a few days ago ( regular version, not redux ), it's a fun shooter, with interesting sections.

Thanks guys, I think I'm getting something else then.

I feel like I can't enjoy any slow shooter anymore after all those fast paced ones.
This year was amazing with Doom, Titanfall 2 and Shadow Warrior 2.

Let's hope this trend continues next year.

neonglow

Still wanted: gaming suggestions for laptop w/o mouse or very little trackpad/trackpoint.

Any genre really.

You can try One Finger Death Punch if your trackpad has 2 buttons. You just click left button to attack left and right button to attack right. Game's only $1.24 right now.

Nete

You can try One Finger Death Punch if your trackpad has 2 buttons. You just click left button to attack left and right button to attack right. Game's only $1.24 right now.

This. And he actually doesn't need the two trackpad buttons, just the arrow keys on the keyboard. I actually find it easier to play with them instead the mouse buttons.

The game is amazing tho.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
charcters with 20 colors unlocked from the start? what is this crazyness.

Bundlestars: $9.99 gets you Arkham Asylum GOTY, Arkham City GOTY, Arkham Origins + DLC, Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/batman-complete-bundle

Huh, even includes the supply drops for Origins despite the multiplayer having been killed off. Anyway, I can never shill these games enough (except Blackgate. Ignore that one). If you're one of the handful of people who still haven't played an Arkham game, jump on this.

UnrealEck

What is a good Civilization replacement for a noob in the genre? Would grab Civ VI but it is a bit too expensive for me.

Someone is selling CIV6 in the buy/trade/sell thread for $27.
Not sure if they've got them left, but they had three copies and haven't edited/deleted the posting.

Tizoc

How 'scary' would you say the Metro games are? I'm not into horror games and assumed Metro series were horror games, but the notion of flinging knives at enemies' faces is intriguing me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Great first impression on Arcana Waifu III, akthough between the 23 characters and the 23 arcanas to learn, and figure out what goes best with what, theres alot going on. Im having fun just going in training mode and seeing what moves the characters have, since usually most fighters I play are kown quantities (Street Fighter, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat...sure some things will be new but Ryu will be Ryu and Sol will be Sol you know?), here its all new.

From the little I tried I hated the chains girl, and liked the one that summons swords, and the fancy dress one with guns. I wish you could do training online because learning characters together is more fun.

Which is cool and very dangerous because it makes me want the others more if only to fuck around and see their special moves lol.

It also looks better than I expected, I guess these games arent as old as I thought. Are they PS3 joints for the most part?

How 'scary' would you say the Metro games are? I'm not into horror games and assumed Metro series were horror games, but the notion of flinging knives at enemies' faces is intriguing me.

theyre not scary at all. But I dont consider any game where you carry an arsenal with you to be scary. Tense, maybe, but not scary.

I've finished both. They have an eerie atmosphere but from memory no (or not many) jump scares. There are some freaky looking creatures and the general world is very dark and grim.

Probably the best cinematic, linear fps games you can play.

So from what I gather Arkham Knight has improved alot? I played through the premium version on Ps4 earlier this year, but wouldn't mind a replay at some point on the PC and the sale price is pretty no-brainer.

Admodieus

I see the Steam Link's price on Amazon went back up to $50 - but is still $20 at other retailers like Gamestop? Going to have to try my luck at my local Gamestop today.

Speevy

Banned
I've probably asked this question 700 ways, but I downloaded a whole bunch of games on my account on another PC.

Should I be able to play these games off the same drive on my main pic?

All the files and app manifest files are there. Should I just be able to plug in and play?

Xeroblade

I see the Steam Link's price on Amazon went back up to $50 - but is still $20 at other retailers like Gamestop? Going to have to try my luck at my local Gamestop today.

I had a chance to test mine out this weekend, worth picking up for $20, even using its wireless for connection it worked like a dream.

Admodieus

I had a chance to test mine out this weekend, worth picking up for $20, even using its wireless for connection it worked like a dream.

I would have mine plugged into the router, but my host PC would be connected wirelessly. Have you tested that yet? Still, for $20, I think it's worth the risk.

gabbo

They can be scary at times, as the game does use darkness effectively. But they're more about action and some tension than making you shit your pants

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yooo yeah I took a complete hiatus from GAF for over a year. Been back for over a month now and I'm quickly realizing why I left the last time... this place is worse than crack cocaine :p

Haha its ok to take a break from time to time but in the end we all end up here
invoker-laugh.gif

So from what I gather Arkham Knight has improved alot? I played through the premium version on Ps4 earlier this year, but wouldn't mind a replay at some point on the PC and the sale price is pretty no-brainer.

It has, it's far from perfect, but from its release, which was almost unplayable, until the actual version, it has become a solid game in my book. I'd say go for it, but keep in mind your PC specs just in case.

Reinstalling it is the cheapest option. Though going by the store page I'm missing Brave New World and two maps.

The fantasy in Endless Legend has me intrigued though.

Brave New World was very good. I'd try getting that if you still have any interest in Civ5.

If you end up getting Civ5 complete, you can also check out the awesome mod Vox Populi.

Xeroblade

I would have mine plugged into the router, but my host PC would be connected wirelessly. Have you tested that yet? Still, for $20, I think it's worth the risk.

No I haven't, my host pc is wired to my router, I have tried using it with the powerline adapters and it works but after a few minutes the stream will freeze, my only problem so far but the wireless 5ghz seems to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom