• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale is Live

kiphalfton

Been burnt by eBay before… not sure into buy one there. Any thing you would recommend?

How did you get burned?

Most recently I paid $25 for a key on woot, but that was a limited time deal.

Other times I've bought from micrsosftsoftwareswap (?) subreddit... but looks like that subreddit been taken down.

Sorry if not helpful, I generally only ever buy from eBay or third party sellers.

Jesb

So far grabbed these.

Quantum Break
Splinter Cell Blacklist
RE3
Mark of the ninja remastered upgrade

GymWolf

Best game in the genre since Hades.
It's way cheaper on key sites like cdkeys, i bought it for like 8 euros.

Btw people should try this one:

Combat is tight and the cartoony violence is great.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Well ladies, I think i've bought half of Steam by now and grabbed a fair few that most of you have posted. You're contributions to my money sinkhole should keep me entertained till next Christmas! And I assure you that no purchases were made whilst drunk

It's been emotional 🫡

(Now, what did I buy exactly, time to check that history) :unsure:

GymWolf

Well ladies, I think i've bought half of Steam by now and grabbed a fair few that most of you have posted. You're contributions to my money sinkhole should keep me entertained till next Christmas! And I assure you that no purchases were made whilst drunk

It's been emotional 🫡

(Now, what did I buy exactly, time to check that history) :unsure:

Probably lower price on cdkeys.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

Probably lower price on cdkeys.
Got that on the old Xbox already

mRlX1Jh.gif

CGNoire

Noita is 50% off. A physics based roguelike I have 442 hours in, so consider this a recommendation.

A small discount on Aldro, a roguelike sandbox I've been curious about.

New Tales from the Borderlands is 90% off. I have it on my wishlist ironically.

LOVE³ -Love Cube- is 75% off, a VN with Ishikei's art. Might buy it just to try out the new hidden feature, huehue.
Noita is a absolute must play for anyone calling themselves a fan of physics. Shits more next gen than any AAA releases this gen.

GymWolf

Just chiming in to say this game is legit, it's excellent. From what I've played it's a steal at this price and I don't know how it's not more talked about/known. It's like ori + aquaria.

Thanks for the recommendation.
How is the ratio combat\exploration vs puzzle solving\platforming?

(for the record i prefer the first 2)

I ended up buying Atelier Ryza, seems like a good entry point into the series. I just hope it won't end as time-consuming as Neptunia; I think I have all four main games and at least half the spinoffs on Steam, I don't have that kind of time anymore lol

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
GHG GHG

How do you find these good looking games? I spend hours trawling Steam and haven't seen most of these?

You're like a mate of mine. I search for hours looking for good new music and he sends me fifteen odd banger tracks from bands I've never heard of in one go

I just suck :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GHG

GHG GHG

How do you find these good looking games? I spend hours trawling Steam and haven't seen most of these?

You're like a mate of mine. I search for hours looking for good new music and he sends me fifteen odd banger tracks from bands I've never heard of in one go

I just suck :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Genre specific subreddits (r/roguelites is the main one that I've been keeping an eye on since getting my steam deck because I find those types of games to be perfect for it) and then some youtubers that I follow (fightincowboy, beelz, sifd, retromation and olexa are the main ones I take a glance at for this stuff). They are not reviewers but cover most interesting indie titles and the better ones end up on my radar.

I find that steam itself isn't that great for discovery anymore because there are just so many games on there. Unfortunately that leads to some gems getting overlooked/missed.

Throwing one more your way if you're into these types of games because it's excellent:

I'd say it's worth anyone who is into twin-stick games and/or roguelites taking a look at. It's really unique in a lot of ways and introduces some cool new mechanics for the genre.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Genre specific subreddits (r/roguelites is the main one that I've been keeping an eye on since getting my steam deck because I find those types of games to be perfect for it) and then some youtubers that I follow (fightincowboy, beelz, sifd, retromation and olexa are the main ones I take a glance at for this stuff). They are not reviewers but cover most interesting indie titles and the better ones end up on my radar.

I find that steam itself isn't that great for discovery anymore because there are just so many games on there. Unfortunately that leads to some gems getting overlooked/missed.

Throwing one more your way if you're into these types of games because it's excellent:

I'd say it's worth anyone who is into twin-stick games and/or roguelites taking a look at. It's really unique in a lot of ways and introduces some cool new mechanics for the genre.
Aaaaand another bought :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I was going to say it's a cracking thing they're all Deck verified as that's exactly where I'll be playing them. And you've given me a few new Youtubers to look at

And You're right about Steam. It seems to just end up going in circles after a while, on the very odd occasion it will throw up something new, but not often

Top man though 🫡

• Strength

GymWolf

Played 3-4 hours straight of pronty, it's fucking good.

I wanna throw this one in the mix, if you like physics based roguelite at least keep an eye on this one (still early access tho)

Last edited:
  • Fire

kiphalfton

So far grabbed these.

Quantum Break
Splinter Cell Blacklist
RE3
Mark of the ninja remastered upgrade

Currently playing quantum break. Between reading emails and watching end of chapter episodes, I think I've sad idle about as long as I've actually playing the game.

StereoVsn

I was left oddly cold by this one. Felt like I was playing fan fiction. Had a much better time with Gaiden. But definitely a fan of trying new things out, so go for it.
I mean this is literally what it is, fan fiction. "What if Kiryu was a Ronin who fought against the Shogunate with other Yakuza characters alongside him as either heroes or villains". There were several other games in the series with similar motif like Dead Souls or Kenzan.

Edit: It's also under $30 on bunch of sites right now.

Last edited:

T-Cake

I wonder how long Fanatical's sale is on for... I've got The Last of Us Part I in my cart but can't seem to pull the trigger yet. £30+ is still above my normal buying price. Even though I know it's worth it.

winjer

Gold Member
I wonder how long Fanatical's sale is on for... I've got The Last of Us Part I in my cart but can't seem to pull the trigger yet. £30+ is still above my normal buying price. Even though I know it's worth it.

Check this out:

Top Bottom