• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Steam] Zestiria tier 3 PO reward has unlocked (100%), PO now to get free Symphonia

Nice to hear Zestiria is doing so well on Steam, aside from the 30fps lock it really deserves all the love it can get for such a release :D

I'm really conflicted about which version to buy though. Normally the PC version is a no-brainer with the improvements but with Tales being a local multiplayer game the PS4 version would be much easier to handle in that regard since only 2 of my 4 JRPG playing friends have a capable gaming PC and I don't trust my Macbooks Intel HD 5000 to do the game any justice on 1080p for easy portable gaming :/

That and it being a JRPG I really love my boxes and box-art to go with them, normally I always just go with the console version first and then double-dip later when the Steam version comes out though since it's day one here, I can't justify double-dipping full price on day one, decisions decisions D:

I noticed on the blog TOS had PlayStation button prompts but Zestiria didn't. Think we will be able to change between them? Or did they play the PS3 version and pretend it was pc?

Seronei

I noticed on the blog TOS had PlayStation button prompts but Zestiria didn't. Think we will be able to change between them? Or did they play the PS3 version and pretend it was pc?

Probably hadn't switched out the button prompts yet, it doesn't release until some time in 2016. I doubt we'll get ps3 button promps in the final product at all.
lol... They are pushing that themselves for sure. Or is there any proof that these percentages are not fake?

It's not really surprising that sales go up closer to release, though. Most pre-orders will come when it first comes up for sale and the days leading to release. No real reason not to wait closer to release before pre-ordering.

kewlmyc

lol... They are pushing that themselves for sure. Or is there any proof that these percentages are not fake?

I guess there's no proof that they aren't flubbing the numbers and lowering the goal post. However, I'm not going to complain about it if they are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kurahador

I guess there's no proof that they aren't flubbing the numbers and lowering the goal post. However, I'm not going to complain about it if they are. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are games that didn't reach the pre-order percentage though, I forgot which. But it does exist.

bede-x

It might be interesting next time to try and record the day to day numbers using Steamspy, to see if increases in percentages are actually matched with increases in owners. Only problem being the accuracy of Steamspy with a game with a low amount of users, which isn't supposed to be very good.

PC gamers tend to buy their games once they're released or close to the release date (for pre-load). Even people who buy digitally on consoles. There is not point to pre-order a digital game months before the release date.

So i guess at the release it will have around 30-40k units sold which is not a bad start. What would interest me is how good these numbers are compared to the usual "tales of" sales numbers in the west on consoles.

No idea but if I had to guess they probably would have sold more copies if Symphonia released first since it's one of the most mainstream/popular games in the series.

Either way though, I preordered this morning to help push it up. I'm excited.

Indeed.
Compared to MGSV which had about 200k owners at launch, 50k is not bad at all. The most determining thing next will be the early reviews and impressions. If it's actually a good port, the numbers will only go higher from there.

Indeed.
Compared to MGSV which had about 200k owners at launch, 50k is not bad at all. The most determining thing next will be the early reviews and impressions. If it's actually a good port, the numbers will only go higher from there.

Yeah this. I'll grab it if it reviews well and is a solid port. Anyone know when the review embargo is up? It will give me something to play till Fallout 4

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Usually my reaction would be to have skepticism about any kind of promotional effort to get you to pre-order more, but it's really obviously lining up to about 25,000 pre-orders for 100% based on SteamSpy, which doesn't seem ridiculous, and the percentages matched the sales swing.

Usually my reaction would be to have skepticism about any kind of promotional effort to get you to pre-order more, but it's really obviously lining up to about 25,000 pre-orders for 100% based on SteamSpy, which doesn't seem ridiculous, and the percentages matched the sales swing.

It's also #2 on Steam so yeah it's selling lol

Durante

Yeah, I was also surprised how "real" it seems to be.

There's this Google docs spreadsheet somewhere tracking the percentages, and you can really line it up with the SteamSpy sales chart (allowing for some fluctuations and delay in the SteamSpy results of course).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
have they said how much Symphonia is going to be? trying to figure out how much of a "discount" this actually is, since im strapped for cash. Also if I would even finish Zestiria before Fallout 4 comes out

Aleskar

Banned
have they said how much Symphonia is going to be? trying to figure out how much of a "discount" this actually is, since im strapped for cash. Also if I would even finish Zestiria before Fallout 4 comes out

Its priced at 20$ from what they said at an anime convetion.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah if you look at Steamspy it's clear the game is actually getting a lot more preorders over the past month or so. I remember checking when it was low in the tier and it was around 12k at the time.

Mendrox

Ok nice to see guys :) Zestiria is not a Vesperia, but it is worth a play imo. Gotta see if I buy it for PC or PS4... Tales of seems rather "consoly" for me, but I want to support the PC release too. If I would buy them all I would triple dip (my japanese ps3 copy shines infront of me ;_;)

Woo 97%.

Also apologies if it's known but I didn't spot it on the Zestiria community thing on Steam but is there a pre load? Not that bothered but would be nice. Also do we know if there will be PS/Xbox button prompts or only one etc?

So glad the game is selling well on PC (#2 in top sellers currently). I'm happy to finally be able to support the launch of a Tales game. Can't wait for more entries to come to PC.

Cmagus

Pre-ordered, I've never played TOS so that will be a nice addition plus i had some money in my steam wallet it was the right time to use it.

matmanx1

98% now. Go, go, go! Have had this pre-ordered since the first week it went up and it's nice to see it steadily increasing towards the goal. Hopefully we make it. ToS for free (essentially) is a nice bonus!

Momentary

Banned
I think the STEAM Spy numbers will shoot up after a few days. It's gone up so fast I think it needs to comb through accounts again for a more accurate number.

Preordred mine as well, was holding off until ToS coming with it seemed likely glad to see this is happening and I really want to support it since I want the PS3 of Vesperia to be ported.

kewlmyc

I'm surprised no one is upset/brought up Deus Ex in this thread. Different audiences I guess?

The preorder bonuses don't included getting the game 4 days early and having to pick which bonuses you want. Also preorder tiers have been around as early as RE6's PC release (maybe even earlier), so I guess we're used to it by now.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm surprised no one is upset/brought up Deus Ex in this thread. Different audiences I guess?

Why would anyone? It's basically nothing like that.. You don't get to unlock the game early and neither you have to pick and choose between different bonuses in a way that you would be always missing out on something.

The preorder bonuses don't included getting the game 4 days early and having to pick which bonuses you want. Also preorder tiers have been around as early as RE6's PC release (maybe even earlier), so I guess we're used to it by now.

Coupled with the fact that 1) The bonuses with this system are usually better than regular preorder bonuses and 2) that the vast majority of them unlocks just fine, seems a pretty good system to me.

Top Bottom