• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellaris |OT| Imperium Universalis

Volodja

I have to say, in addition to just being excited for the base game, I'm really read to throw money at whatever DLC they release for this. Since they aren't locked into pseduo-historical and can do sci-fi whatever, they'll be able to do some really interesting things.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to additional mechanics in the DLCs already.
The base looks great, but Paradox games become so much more varied and interesting when given a few content packs, that I can't help it.

Savitar

Congratulations folks, looking at some vids and info can tell this is something I will like so went and purchased it.

Aztecs did invade Europe - wait what timeline is this??

Quick, do you spell Bearenstein Bears with or without the a?

And makes me want to try all hyperspace lane games.

Imagine all the blockades as everyone vies for the improtant systems that are the bottleneck between areas.

This is definitely something I'm going to try.

First mods I think I'm going to enable are gonna be "moar events" sort of things. Like, i saw this really fun idea that the more active forms of observation on lower-tech races could result in them starting up an XCOM initiative, and if things go right, they end up prematurely getting to FTL status.

Duffman

I have to say, in addition to just being excited for the base game, I'm really read to throw money at whatever DLC they release for this. Since they aren't locked into pseduo-historical and can do sci-fi whatever, they'll be able to do some really interesting things.

Yeah, the potential for some crazy (good) expansions is so huge that it's not even funny. EUIV after all the expansions is a whole different beast compared to the vanilla release (in a good way) and the post-launch support for Stellaris will most likely be just as great.

danthefan

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to additional mechanics in the DLCs already.
The base looks great, but Paradox games become so much more varied and interesting when given a few content packs, that I can't help it.

I do really like all the DLC they release but dropping €15 a go really adds up.

I watched master of Orion QL and stellaris QL back to back and now I'm itching to play some space 4x. Just don't know which one to play.

Almighty

If all goes well I will be playing this game as soon as I get back from class.

It just sucks that it comes out the same day summer semester starts for me. If it came out last week I would of had all the time in the world to devote to the game.

Anno

Is the assumption that the review embargo ends at midnight EST like the May 5th stream/video embargo did?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Is there any known example of a game doing 4x > grand strategy transition?

I've preached Factorio for doing micro > macro transition, and 4x lategame micromanagement is definitely it's weak point... soooo...

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I've been holding off on reading too much about this one after making the preorder. Looking forward to diving in tomorrow!

Volodja

I do really like all the DLC they release but dropping €15 a go really adds up.
It really does, which is why I'm actually lagging behind a couple of expansions on both CK2 and EU4.
Once I don't play the games frequently, I tend to just end up waiting for big sales.

It is so fantastic that the release of this game nicely lines up with the end of the Overwatch beta. Smoothly exit one game and right into another.

Uzzy

Watching Arumba's video series on Stellaris is great to figure out what not to do in your start.

Per ardua ad astra, indeed.

Aaron D.

It really does, which is why I'm actually lagging behind a couple of expansions on both CK2 and EU4.
Once I don't play the games frequently, I tend to just end up waiting for big sales.

I think this is what everyone but the uber-fans do.

I'm roughly 100% caught up on CK2 & EU4 DLC, minus the last expansions or two. I don't bite until they hit -75% on Steam Holiday sales 6 or so months down the road.

Keeps me 100% up to date without killing my wallet in the process.

Nokterian

Looks like i am buying it from gmg with 25% off and going into the debt of my bank account but i think it is all worth it.

danthefan

I'm at that point too. I have some of the EUIV expansions but I'm waiting for a Steam sale before buying any more.

Volodja

Yeah, the bump down to 18 CEST is very welcome.
Thankfully I have to go to work late Tuesday, so I'll be able to stay up for a bit to play.

Myzer

1800 CEST is 2AM Tuesday morning here. I think feel a stomach bug coming on, might have to stay home of work tomorrow.

Top Bottom