• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stern Pinball Arcade Kickstarter - AC/DC [Goal=$108,435]

Vyse24

Bsh31y6.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/stern-pinball-arcade-ac-dc/

The next generation of The Pinball Arcade is coming. Stern Pinball Arcade will be featuring tables such as Star Trek, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Starship Troopers, and Ghostbusters. However, one table needs a little help getting put into the game, and it's AC/DC. Goal for this one is $108,235, making this the most expensive Kickstarter by Farsight yet (previous was The Addams Family at $97k).

Pledge $1 or more
Don't have much to donate, but still want to help the cause? Help us spread the word! Share our Kickstarter on social media and you'll have our gratitude; plus the satisfaction of knowing you helped bring this amazing table to people around the world.

Pledge $10 or more
Get the AC/DC® Premium pinball table on a single platform of your choice.

Pledge $20 or more
Get the AC/DC® Premium pinball table on any TWO platforms of your choice PLUS your name listed as a BRONZE backer in the game credits!

Pledge $30 or more
Get the AC/DC® Premium pinball table on any THREE platforms of your choice, entry into the Kickstarter supporters tournament, your name listed as a BRONZE backer in the game credits PLUS an exclusive AC/DC® Pinball wallpaper.

Pledge $40 or more
Get the AC/DC® Premium pinball table on any FOUR platforms of your choice, entry into the Kickstarter supporters tournament, your name listed as a BRONZE backer in the game credits PLUS an exclusive AC/DC® Pinball wallpaper.

Pledge $50 or more
SILVER CLUB: Get the AC/DC® Premium pinball table on any FIVE platforms of your choice (can be gifted to friends), entry into the Kickstarter supporters tournament, an exclusive AC/DC® Pinball wallpaper, PLUS the AC/DC® Custom Ball Pack on any TWO platforms of your choice, AND your name listed as a SILVER backer in the game credits.

Pledge $70 or more
Everything from the $50 Silver Club tier PLUS entry into the exclusive AC/DC® Supporters Tournament (Held after the Kickstarter is funded), AND Stern Pinball Arcade "Table Pack One" on any TWO platforms of your choice (will include four tables - AC/DC®, Star Trek®, Ripley's Believe it or Not!®, and Starship Troopers®)

Pledge $100 or more
GOLD CLUB: Get the AC/DC® Premium pinball table on any TEN platforms of your choice (can be gifted to friends), Stern Pinball Arcade "Table Pack One" on any FIVE platforms of your choice (will include four tables - AC/DC®, Star Trek®, Ripley's Believe it or Not!®, and Starship Troopers®), the AC/DC® Custom Ball Pack on any FIVE platforms of your choice, your name listed as a GOLD backer in the game credits, AND entry into the exclusive AC/DC® Supporters Tournament (Held after the Kickstarter is funded).

Pledge $150 or more
Everything from the $100 Gold Club tier PLUS an LE Edition upgrade to Stern Pinball Arcade Table Pack One (will include LE editions of Star Trek® and AC/DC®) on up to FIVE Platforms of your choice (can be gifted).

Pledge $250 or more
Everything from the $100 Gold Club tier, LE Edition upgrade to Stern Pinball Arcade Table Pack One (will include LE editions of Star Trek® and AC/DC®) on up to FIVE Platforms of your choice (can be gifted), PLUS an exclusive Stern Pinball Arcade t-shirt.

Pledge $450 or more
Everything from the $100 Gold Club tier, LE Edition upgrade to Stern Pinball Arcade Table Pack One (will include LE editions of Star Trek® and AC/DC®) on up to FIVE Platforms of your choice (can be gifted), an exclusive Stern Pinball Arcade t-shirt PLUS an exclusive Stern Pinball Arcade hoodie.

Pledge $550 or more
Everything from the $100 Gold Club tier, LE Edition upgrade to Stern Pinball Arcade Table Pack One (will include LE editions of Star Trek® and AC/DC®) on up to FIVE Platforms of your choice (can be gifted), exclusive Stern Pinball Arcade t-shirt, exclusive Stern Pinball Arcade hoodie PLUS an AC/DC® pinball table flyer signed by Steve Ritchie and Gary Stern!

Pledge $800 or more
Everything from the $100 Gold Club tier, LE Edition upgrade to Stern Pinball Arcade Table Pack One (will include LE editions of Star Trek® and AC/DC®) on up to FIVE Platforms of your choice (can be gifted), exclusive Stern Pinball Arcade t-shirt, exclusive Stern Pinball Arcade hoodie, AC/DC® pinball table flyer AND translight signed by Steve Ritchie and Gary Stern!

Pledge $1,000 or more
PLATINUM CLUB: Everything from the $800 tier PLUS your name listed as a PLATINUM backer in the game credits, an exclusive Stern factory tour where you and other backers will enjoy lunch and a behind the scenes look at how Stern Pinball tables are made! (Transportation is not included).

Pledge $2,000 or more
PLATINUM CLUB: Everything from the $800 tier PLUS your name listed as a PLATINUM backer in the game credits, an exclusive VIP Tour where you and other backers will enjoy a behind the scenes look at how Stern Pinball tables are made and dinner with Steve Ritchie & Gary Stern! (Transportation is not included).

Spreadsheet form(as of May 2nd, 2016)
I2jr9Ne.jpg

bigkrev

I think they buried the lead with this- the fact that they are making a new product that will have current tables like the 2014 Star Trek table and this years upcoming Ghostbusters table is FUCKING AWESOME. The fact that they are already advertising those tables and not running Kickstarters for them tells me that they have probably worked something out with Stern where Stern is already negotiating rights for digital versions of the tables when they negotiate to make a physical table, so hopefully all future tables they make can come over without Kickstarters.

I don't give a shit about AC/DC, but I know they don't come cheap- They got their own disc for Rock Band and wasn't DLC, they weren't on iTunes until recently. I hope the Kickstarter makes it, but I'm SUPER pumped about this future product. I'm lucky enough that every summer I get to go to an arcade that gets 1 new pinball table each year, but I bet I will never have the opportunity to play most of these new tables in physical form.

Shaneus

I don't give a shit about AC/DC, but I know they don't come cheap- They got their own disc for Rock Band and wasn't DLC, they weren't on iTunes until recently. I hope the Kickstarter makes it, but I'm SUPER pumped about this future product. I'm lucky enough that every summer I get to go to an arcade that gets 1 new pinball table each year, but I bet I will never have the opportunity to play most of these new tables in physical form.
I have a feeling some of the cost in licensing AC/DC has probably been shared with Stern themselves. Might be making stuff up, but I'm sure I read somewhere that they had the license to make them again... not sure for how long though. Would make sense if there's an even split between FS and Stern.

Need to read up on how the initial table pack will work as well... is there a discount if we already own Frankenstein? Can we buy the whole first pack as part of the KS?

Also want/need to know the PSVR status. Be a bit crazy if they don't support it out of the gate.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'd love to see the Metallica pinball, but that one probably isn't a cheap license. Also hoping to see Mustang and Wrestlemania. Maybe Spider-man.

bigkrev

I have a feeling some of the cost in licensing AC/DC has probably been shared with Stern themselves. Might be making stuff up, but I'm sure I read somewhere that they had the license to make them again... not sure for how long though. Would make sense if there's an even split between FS and Stern.

Need to read up on how the initial table pack will work as well... is there a discount if we already own Frankenstein? Can we buy the whole first pack as part of the KS?

Also want/need to know the PSVR status. Be a bit crazy if they don't support it out of the gate.

I'm guessing that the licensed tables and added development are going to mean tables are going to be more expensive- I'm guessing $10 a table for stuff like Star Trek and Ghostbusters. I would hope there is a really cheap way to port your tables into this assuming you are on the same platform- 1-2 dollars at most per table being brought over.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them release the tables as stand alone apps on mobile- having "Star Trek Pinball" and "Ghostbusters Pinball" probably would work better with app searches.

Shaneus

I'm guessing that the licensed tables and added development are going to mean tables are going to be more expensive- I'm guessing $10 a table for stuff like Star Trek and Ghostbusters. I would hope there is a really cheap way to port your tables into this assuming you are on the same platform- 1-2 dollars at most per table being brought over.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them release the tables as stand alone apps on mobile- having "Star Trek Pinball" and "Ghostbusters Pinball" probably would work better with app searches.
They've done individual/standalone tables before, with a timed version of Scared Stiff and their reskin of Haunted House as... Ghostbusters.

Maybe they already have the license from it?

Shaneus

It would be nice to see but I have an ACDC LE in my living room so I'm good.
I must be the only person on earth who prefers the Pro to the Prem/LE. Just like GoT, the Pro just plays so much faster and better, the standups (vs. the drops) make it so much more brutal.

Spectacular. This is a fun table.

I really like the bell obstacle. It actually is a pretty unique toy that can really screw up your game if you're unprepared.

I really should have read that e-mail more carefully. Modern Stern tables huh? Okay! Whatever the deal is with this kickstarter doesn't really matter... that's flipping cool.

I must be the only person on earth who prefers the Pro to the Prem/LE. Just like GoT, the Pro just plays so much faster and better, the standups (vs. the drops) make it so much more brutal.

There are many Pros I prefer but the lower playfield, bell and real drop targets make the ACDC LE the way to go. It's like a different game.

1upmuffin

They sent an email out to backers and it said they've entered a new partnership which allows them to fund the table themselves. They also said the table will be coming sooner because development can be started right now.

That's great news! Excited to see newer tables get into Pinball Arcade. I hope they can get the Lord of the Rings one at some point, I remember that one being really fun.

Erevador

That's great news! Excited to see newer tables get into Pinball Arcade. I hope they can get the Lord of the Rings one at some point, I remember that one being really fun.
That's a great suggestion. Such a fun table, I'd be all over that one.

LotR is one of my most favorite tables. It's a little on the easy side once you get the rules, but getting to the end game takes a little skill. Also, the final Multi-Ball takes the difficulty on the table and cranks it to 11.

darscot

I love the Pro but there are days that it is just too much of a cheap bitch with the drains. When its reasonable its incredible.

bigkrev

They posted an update today called "We have some great news to share with you!", but it's sadly backers only, and you obviously can't back it right now.

Anyone back it and can share?

Vyse24

They posted an update today called "We have some great news to share with you!", but it's sadly backers only, and you obviously can't back it right now.

Anyone back it and can share?
Here it be:
Thanks to the amazing reception that Stern Pinball Arcade has received, we’ve been able to enter into a new partnership that will allow us to fully fund this license without contributions from our loyal backer community! Development on the table can therefore start immediately, which will allow us to bring you this great table even sooner then we’d planned. We will release more information about this exciting development soon- stay tuned! Thank you so much for backing us! Without you, adding tables with premium licenses like this one would normally not be possible. We appreciate your loyalty to our products and your dedication to the art of pinball.

Top Bottom