• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steve Bannon is off the National Security Council

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Bannon looks like he's dying of like 50 different diseases every time I see a photo of him.

An appearance to match his personality.
On topic, how has a party that backstabbs each other stay this long r
i
unning for months when they should have imploded by a month into this presidency.

An appearance to match his personality.
On topic, how has a party that backstabbs each other stay this long r
i
unning for months when they should have imploded by a month into this presidency.

Because there are too many people, citizens and politicians alike, unwilling to hold these people to a high standard (or any standard at all)

I'm not sure how you spin knowing Flynn needed watching over weeks before forcing his resignation as a win. That would be some real mental gymnastics. Staunch Trump supporters might buy it, but they'd buy anything.
Oh I didn't say it was smart. It just seems congruent with how they've tried to cover their asses in the past.

They'll probably try and say they found out he was crooked and wanted to make things appear normal until Bannon could gather evidence against him.

It won't work, but nothing they do does.

AYF 001

Man, Bannon looks like he's dying of like 50 different diseases every time I see a photo of him.

tumblr_n055oh2uqq1s5tlmxo1_500.gif

Peccavi

I don't think Perry really wanted this. He agreed to heading Energy because he thought it was just schmoozing oil execs and by the time he found out he had actual hugely important responsibilities it was too late.

Kushner apparently hates Bannon, so my guess is he's slowly trying to poison Trump against him.

Re: Bannon, the man is obviously fucking evil, but has he ever publicly stated anything close to the "genetic superiority" thing? It's been my impression he's more of a "clash of civilisations, we must defend the West and unite behind a common culture" type of racist nationalist, rather than the "non-whites are inferior look at IQ studies" type.

Karkador

Banned
Kushner apparently hates Bannon, so my guess is he's slowly trying to poison Trump against him.

Re: Bannon, the man is obviously fucking evil, but has he ever publicly stated anything close to the "genetic superiority" thing? It's been my impression he's more of a "clash of civilisations, we must defend the West and unite behind a common culture" type of racist nationalist, rather than the "non-whites are inferior look at IQ studies" type.

It's more so "we must defend the West and Judeo Christian culture", which is implicitly racist against non-whites

It's more so "we must defend the West and Judeo Christian culture", which is implicitly racist against non-whites

I agree, but I do think there is a non-trivial semantic distinction between someone like Bannon, who prob doesn't care too much about color as long as you pledge you're down with European/American culture and Judeo-Christian values (though if you've ever been Muslim, you're prob SOL), and someone like Spencer or the neoreactionaries, who'll talk your ear off all day about non-whites' innate inferiority. The former is arguably harder to fight, as it's seemingly more innocuous to frame things from a cultural perspective and so more likely to attract followers.

Didn't he say he wouldn't let his children go to school with a Jewish person? I thought I remember reading something about that.

Didn't he say he wouldn't let his children go to school with a Jewish person? I thought I remember reading something about that.

His ex-wife said, during or after their divorce, that he'd said something about how he'd said something to the effect of how Jews raise their kids to be "whiny brats", but I've seen writers at Breitbart say they never heard him say anything to that effect, so it's difficult to say. Man is quite clearly a turd, but idk if he's a Kevin MacDonald-reading turd or not, whereas his statements that he believes America is the embodiment of and potential savior of Western, Judeo-Christian values are quite open.

He's a real malignant idiot, whatever he believes.

besada

Banned
So, how's uh.... PRESIDENT SPICER doing this evening? Got any new policy agendas on the books?!?!?

;)

We're doing President Kushner this week. Anyway, who wants Spicy to leave? Spicy is the best thing about the administration. A train wreck that walks like a man is great entertainment.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/us/politics/national-security-council-stephen-bannon.html?

Mr. Bannon resisted the move, even threatening at one point to quit if it went forward, according to a White House official who, like others, insisted on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. Mr. Bannon’s camp denied that he had threatened to resign and spent the day spreading the word that the shift was a natural evolution, not a signal of any diminution of his outsize influence.

Lol I hope that's true.

pigeon

Banned
His ex-wife said, during or after their divorce, that he'd said something about how he'd said something to the effect of how Jews raise their kids to be "whiny brats", but I've seen writers at Breitbart say they never heard him say anything to that effect, so it's difficult to say. Man is quite clearly a turd, but idk if he's a Kevin MacDonald-reading turd or not, whereas his statements that he believes America is the embodiment of and potential savior of Western, Judeo-Christian values are quite open.

He's a real malignant idiot, whatever he believes.

I'm not sure the master race idea is really required for white supremacy. I think Richard Spencer and Steve Bannon would both happily agree that there's a fundamental white Christian American character that's is being eroded by non-whites and non-Christians and that must be protected at any cost. So would David Duke.

The exact details might vary, but the core principle is the same. I guess there might be some variance if you started digging into the fundamental racial conflict that Jews are suppressing by creating civilization to destroy the white bloodline with interbreeding, but honestly, even then I suspect there's a lot of congruence.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So that's how to defeat Trump?

Make him think that everyone around him is better than him?

Hmmm.....

So, how's uh.... PRESIDENT SPICER doing this evening? Got any new policy agendas on the books?!?!?

;)

This is like other nfl teams trying to get rid of tebow.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/bannon-resign-mercer-trump-236939

The man credited with honing Donald Trump’s populist message and guiding him into the White House has grown frustrated amid continued infighting in the West Wing, so much so that in recent weeks a top donor had to convince him to stay in his position.

Five people, including a senior administration official and several sources close to the president, tell POLITICO that Bannon, one of Trump’s closest advisers, has clashed with the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who’s taken on an increasingly prominent portfolio in the West Wing. Bannon has complained that Kushner and his allies are trying to undermine his populist approach, the sources said.

Republican mega-donor Rebekah Mercer, a longtime Bannon confidante who became a prominent Trump supporter during the campaign, urged Bannon not to resign. “Rebekah Mercer prevailed upon him to stay,” said one person familiar with the situation.

Apparently Trump's extremist donor had to beg Bannon not to resign.

So when do we get to the part whare we all bust out some cheap boose and sing some motherfucking yub-nub, or is that after cheeto hitlers impeachment hearings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom