• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode was the calm before the storm. Cant wait for tomorrow.

Someone made a bigger version of that awesome looking water witch cover.

tumblr_nl13xoD5c21tkokd7o1_1280.jpg

Raxus

Don't you put that evil on me PSX.

Garnet's future vision only seems to events to the immediate future and even then it does show her only possibilities. Good examples of recent user would be catching Rose's painting and warning Steven to avoid the roof. I doubt she can see much further than a day.

spoilers

Real short clip of Garnet singing while
battling an unknown Gem
released on instagram as promised.
Ah man this episode is gonna be great and most likely very emotional. Steven gonna probably be Jesus figure and like get in between the warring gems and be all "why can't we be friends?" and then Lapis vouches for him and the Gems leave. Well see how the jail episode goes. But they don't emphasize how easily he can get people on his side for nothing haha.

He has the greatest power. The power of friendship.

IronRinn

I don't think her future vision extends too far into the future.

Don't you put that evil on me PSX.

Garnet's future vision only seems to events to the immediate future and even then it does show her only possibilities. Good examples of recent user would be catching Rose's painting and warning Steven to avoid the roof. I doubt she can see much further than a day.
Makes sense.

Don't see it in OP but what is spoiler tag policy in this thread? If an episode has aired already and a decent amount of time has passed do we still need to spoiler tag?

KiN0

Ah man this episode is gonna be great and most likely very emotional. Steven gonna probably be Jesus figure and like get in between the warring gems and be all "why can't we be friends?" and then Lapis vouches for him and the Gems leave. Well see how the jail episode goes. But they don't emphasize how easily he can get people on his side for nothing haha.

He has the greatest power. The power of friendship.
That's a sweet ending but I will be disappointed if that's the resolution we get. The HW gems are coming for the Earth gems but they are also trying to restarts the kindergarten. It would make no sense for them to leave after a "let's all get along" speech.

Oh and that clip has me even more excited for the half-hour special.

are we getting a "male" gem

rexor0717

Citrine?

Spessartine Garnet?

Hessonite Garnet?

Would they have another
gem wish a similar name
? Probably not I guess.

On that point, It'd be interesting if they introduce a different version of the same Gemstone. They might not need to because maybe they introduce alien geology.

Sidenote, but does it bother anyone how the show uses a weird pronounceation of Peridot? It always reminds me of this whenever they say it out loud:

That vine clip... it makes me think of this song by Estelle, Garnet's voice actress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvvimH5_Ap4

... really, that song could be Garnet's anthem.

.... I KNEW I RECOGNIZED HER!

Watching Empire and she sounded like I heard her before when she was talking. Asked my roomie if she was a rl singer and he said yeah "she did American Boy" so I assume that was it.

Then I saw her comicon vids today and thought she looked like someone I saw before. Had no clue Garnet was on Empire ... it truly is the chocolate magnet.

rexor0717

.... I KNEW I RECOGNIZED HER!

Watching Empire and she sounded like I heard her before when she was talking. Asked my roomie if she was a rl singer and he said yeah "she did American Boy" so I assume that was it.

Then I saw her comicon vids today and thought she looked like someone I saw before. Had no clue Garnet was on Empire ... it truly is the chocolate magnet.

To quote myself from earlier in the thread.
Not entirely related, but Estelle (Garnet's Voice) had a part on Empire tonight. I decided to check some of her music, first song to come on was "Make Her Say". Welp, now I have the mental image of Garnet telling me to "beat the pussy up".
88EGmCc.gif
It was an interesting listen, lol.

Raxus

Bomb is dropping in 15 minutes.

Intel tells us this is a big one!

Get on all your protective gear...including the goggles.

Did you think there wouldn't be consequences?

Trago

Bomb is dropping in 15 minutes.

Intel tells us this is a big one!

Get on all your protective gear...including the goggles.

Did you think there wouldn't be consequences?

We need to modify that hazmat suit image from The Order 1886 review thread to protect us from incoming Steven Universe feels.

Just to let everyone know, I'm enacting a special spoiler policy for this two-parter:

Any and all posts related to "The Return" and "Jail Break" must be COMPLETELY spoiler-tagged. Just tagging important names can give context clues which could potentially ruin the story for those who aren't able to watch the episodes on release night.

So please, be considerate and try to keep any reaction posts as vague/spoiler-tagged as possible. Anyone who breaks this rule until it is lifted shall get Pearl'd.

tumblr_mwc64gL8TP1t14uqko1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom