• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trago

Peridot's escape pod reminds me of the ones from DBZ.

latest

Hamlet

Good episode and
a nice sweet ending.
Interesting to see that Peridot ended up landing a lot closer than I thought she would. Only a matter of time till she pops up again in the show. Laughed quite a bit at the DJ line and Pearls confusion. "Just let him be a DJ! Whaaaa?"
Also Earth Forever!

Pretty good episode. Wonder where Peridot is.

I still want to believe she wandered into Canada just to have the Canidot jokes keep rolling.
Hmm some people are theorizing that this is Peridot in the lower right. Hard to tell though.
http://i.imgur.com/xVsJqFv.png

"I only wanted to see you laughing..in the pizza rain" ahahahaha

edit: OH GOD THEIR FACE WHEN STEVEN DROPS THE TRUTH BOMBS. I'M DYING.

edit 2: that was a great episode. The biggest game changer might change the show drastically though
Steven is ungrounded from TV

Amir0x

Banned
I could not stop laughing when Sour Cream was
mimicking the way his Dad really sounds
. I don't know why that shit was so funny to me, but it was.

I also like that they kept the little
grounded from TV
subplot going this long, and concluded it. They've dropped little references to it for tons of episodes now
like when Greg was confused when Steven said he was grounded from TV in Maximum Capacity

Pretty good episode. "I wish I could talk to Garnet, Amethyst or Pearl about it, but I think they kinda blame me for my Mom not being around" really got me. Poor steven :(.. also its nice seeing Garnet talk so much in a battle. I wonder if gems personalities change slightly each time they regenerate? There was a post on reddit detailing how pearl liked human food before regenerating and now she hates it.

Since this is the intended second episode of season two (Right after 'Full Disclosure') that makes 7 episodes in a row that directly play off each other. It seems like they want to keep this flow of plot related episodes going so I imagine after the last two season one episodes air (and the uncle grandpa crossover) things will start picking up more.

edit: uncle grandpa crossover preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AErVkrB_44

all I can say is 'eh'.... although the Steven universe makers said its good so I guess there's hope. But its not like they'll say its bad. Also is his voice slightly different?

jwk94

Pretty good episode. "I wish I could talk to Garnet, Amethyst or Pearl about it, but I think they kinda blame me for my Mom not being around" really got me. Poor steven :(.. also its nice seeing Garnet talk so much in a battle. I wonder if gems personalities change slightly each time they regenerate? There was a post on reddit detailing how pearl liked human food before regenerating and now she hates it.

all I can say is 'eh'.... although the Steven universe makers said its good so I guess there's hope. But its not like they'll say its bad. Also is his voice slightly different?
Don't worry he's wearing a helmet. I'm sure it'll be just fine!

Firehead

They seem to enjoy the Neon Genesis Evangelion references.
I'm assuming the liquid in the pod was a reference to LCL in Evangelion. :D

I think that falre/signal that Steven accidentally launched is gonna cause some problems in future episodes. There was another Gem ship still in orbit after all.

Hamlet

Since this is the intended second episode of season two (Right after 'Full Disclosure') that makes 7 episodes in a row that directly play off each other. It seems like they want to keep this flow of plot related episodes going so I imagine after the last two season one episodes air (and the uncle grandpa crossover) things will start picking up more.

Hmm looks ok. Still I have complete faith in the SU crew that this will turn out good hopefully.
Also voice sounds the same to me.

Yeah, there was another one that can be seen when Steven looks out the window of the one that crashes.

I'm pretty sure that was just a shot to show that they're in the giant hand ship now. Not another hand ship above earth.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So quick question? is SU going to have significant stop in new episodes as they go into season 2 or will they just keep showing new episodes?

Jenny is
an 'evil' twin
and Sour Cream is
a step brother to Onion.
Interesting tidbits this episode and hey, Steven can
finally watch Lil Butler.

So the UG crossover will be the last episode and then a hiatus, if the wikipedia listing is anything to go by. The only thing I'm excited to see is how Pearl and the other gems are gonna react to this UG thing.

Hmm some people are theorizing that this is Peridot in the lower right. Hard to tell though.
http://i.imgur.com/xVsJqFv.png

Considering that
there aint no other trees like that around, could be her. Also, there's a shiny green dot on that dorito chip so shes not that far from Steven and the Gems.
Whoever pointed that out has got to have eagle eyes.

Hmm looks ok. Still I have complete faith in the SU crew that this will turn out good hopefully.
Also voice sounds the same to me.

I'm pretty sure that was just a shot to show that they're in the giant hand ship now. Not another hand ship above earth.

Nah dude look, here's the left hand that crashed
5q2JGaz.jpg

And then here's the right hand that Steven was looking at
Gsll1l5.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
i think it was meant to be one ship man, what's are you trying to illustrate with those images? Seems like one ship to me still. Just a poor reference flip I think in the animation.

It'd be really weird if the other ship just sat there. What was it doing? Why did it not come to help Peridot and Jasper? I can't think of any compelling reason that

a.) that'd be the case and would not come to Peridot/Jasper's aid
b.) that Steven did not comment to any of the gems that he saw a second GIANT HAND there. Kind of hard to miss and would have huge implications to what Steven and the gems were expected to do on that mission. You can't very well leave it there.

Kangi

The juxtaposition of Steven's increasing emotional issues with his increasing adorableness is going to slowly kill my heart.

0uiz5a.png

Hamlet

Nah dude look, here's the left hand that crashed
5q2JGaz.jpg

And then here's the right hand that Steven was looking at
Gsll1l5.jpg

Hmm interesting. Though looking back at the episode that bottom image is the only time it appears as a right hand, so it could still just be an error and as Amir0x said you think Steven would have said something about it if there was another giant hand above space. Then again this is the SU crew so I wouldn't be surprised if they hid something in plain site again. Guess we'll find out soon hopefully.

Amir0x

Banned
I just don't know how they make Uncle Grandpa compelling. His show has got to be one of the lamest shit cartoons CN has made in a few years. I'm not sure how you mix that DEE-DEE-DEEEEE humour with Steven Universe.

It's hard to get excited for the episode due to it. Steven Universe operates on a completely different stratosphere in quality.

jwk94

Guys....where's the rest of the ship's body? Gems have this weird fascination with giant body parts. First the temple, now the hand/potential body

Hamlet

When asked about why the hand ship switched from left to right (or vice-versa), Matt Burnett basically said "uh... oops". Later he clarified it was a continuity error. So no second hand-ship guys (well, not yet).

And here's something for those of you hating on the UG episode before seeing it:
https://twitter.com/mcburnett/status/581217213694283776

Ah cool.
Now i'm actually starting to get a bit excited for the crossover considering how much the SU crew are hyping on about it.
I...I trust you guys but... >.> I'm kinda worried about this one.
Matt Burnett: Don't be, it's seriously one of the best 11 minutes of TV I've ever been associated with.

Amir0x

Banned
^ It's not like he's going to say it sucks. I bet if you asked him if Uncle Grandpa was a good show he'd say "YES! AMAZING!" And I'd be like "yeah dude sorry the show is shit. How about making compelling characters and meaningful stories instead of vapid empty WEIRD BALL stories with no direction?"

They got a huge hurdle to overcome in making Uncle Grandpa humour/writing good.

Guys....where's the rest of the ship's body? Gems have this weird fascination with giant body parts. First the temple, now the hand/potential body

I'm sure the rest of the ship's body is on homeworld ready to launch. That sword under the ocean is their's when they combine.

Amir0x

Banned
That 5th 6th pic is mighty interesting.

Mayor's son copying Garnet, Pearl copying Sour Cream trying desperately to understand these odd human quirks, Amethyst gettin' on with the sister. Oh yeah, that's exactly how I would have expected things to play out lol

That 5th 6th pic is mighty interesting.

Before I expanded the image, it looked like Pearl was doing the pose from the pregnancy test meme in the sixth image.

Anyway, I was really surprised that Steven realized by himself that the Gems resent him a bit for being the reason why Rose is gone. I was thinking that either they'd never explicitly address that, or that one of the Gems would drop it on him as a drama bomb.

It was annoying that the teens took so long to actually tell the Gems that Steven was in the capsule, but otherwise, good episode.

EDIT: Found both Peridot and Waldo in the above picture.

KiN0

Before I expanded the image, it looked like Pearl was doing the pose from the pregnancy test meme in the sixth image.

Anyway, I was really surprised that Steven realized by himself that the Gems resent him a bit for being the reason why Rose is gone. I was thinking that either they'd never explicitly address that, or that one of the Gems would drop it on him as a drama bomb.

It was annoying that the teens took so long to actually tell the Gems that Steven was in the capsule, but otherwise, good episode.

I was hoping for a drama bomb but I guess that would have been too much even for this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom