• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo's blog is a riot. Whoever's in charge of writing and maintaining it has a very sharp wit and a keen eye for satire (seriously, his review of Dogcopter 3 is the most apt parody of internet nitpicking I've ever seen).

Psxphile

I love some of the fanart for this show:

tumblr_ne1j64lKMU1sn4ct3o1_1280.png

Gems Day Out by smilequotas

rexor0717

Its a shame that the audience/community for this show is so small. Such a great show deserved more!
Anyways, I really hope we see Steven fuse with someone before the season is over. Well, thats a bit advanced, but maybe at least getting down shape-shifting.

Psxphile

Heh @ this episode. Ronaldo dropping dose bombs. I wonder if his final revelations might be more than just a coincidence.

Also, message boards confirmed for keeping us ignorant of the bigger picture:

p4MevSu.jpg

In other news, looks like any kids trick-or-treating anywhere near CN headquarters might be getting some pretty sweet treats. Unfortunately they also prove that there will be no new episodes airing in December.

3phemeral

I caught an episode of this when I was on vacation and I was scrolling through channels on the hotel's TV. Some episode where one of the characters gets her gem cracked and they proceed to explain about the boy possibly having his mother's healing-tear powers.

It was weirdly fantastic!

Looking forward to watching more.

Alexandrite is the perfect name for the three gem fusion.
Fire Agate will be the name for Garnet and Perls fusion mark this post.

rexor0717

For a bit of speculation, I imagine that Diamond has to be a really high ranking Gem, if not the leader. They haven't said anything about this character, but I assume that they have to exist in some capacity. I love how much potential this show is sitting on. There is so much to this universe(lol) that they could do many seasons of it without running out of fuel.

For a bit of speculation, I imagine that Diamond has to be a really high ranking Gem, if not the leader. They haven't said anything about this character, but I assume that they have to exist in some capacity. I love how much potential this show is sitting on. There is so much to this universe(lol) that they could do many seasons of it without running out of fuel.

Ugh, I hope not. Diamonds are garbage stones. There are much better precious stones then Diamonds.

Red Beryl, Benitoite, Jadeite or Taaffeite are much cooler and rarer stones.

tumblr_nenij65YSB1qm7caro2_400.png

So the Temple Statue is just a more refined version of Alexandrite? Maybe with Rose as part of the fusion she looks less like an Oni. Little disappointed we didn't get to see the Gems actually dance fuse. Or see Alexandrite's weapon. Oh well. The fan art, she is a flowin'. I liked this one.

The Major voiced Connie's Mother, and Alucard voiced her father.

It's be speculated by fan that the temple statue is indeed a 4 gem fusion including rose because it has 8 arms and curly hair like rose.

BBboy20

Psxphile;137805265[URL="https://31.media.tumblr.com/2810c9af1228d862cfcfea50bccd00f6/tumblr_nenu1hQMsX1qdi5kdo1_500.png" said:
The Major voiced Connie's Mother, and Alucard voiced her father.[/URL]
HOLY SHIT, I KNEW IT!

Weighted hair.... WEIGHTED FUCKING TRAINING HAIR!

This episode was damned amazing. People need to stop sleeping on this show. Seriously, it's the best animated show out at the moment.

Crocodile

It's interesting that though a large portion of this episode has intentionally limited animation, there were some really impressive and expressive cuts thrown into the mix as well.

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

Heh. Glad to see I'm not the only one with the same thought.

Psxphile

Preview clip for "Watermelon Steven" is up
Steven discovers the power to grow a patch of watermelons shaped like himself.

That bit of lore in the preview: explains the moss and the fountain "defenders". Also this is potentially the last new episode we get until next year.

It's interesting that though a large portion of this episode has intentionally limited animation, there were some really impressive and expressive cuts thrown into the mix as well.
It's just like one of my Japanese animes!

EDIT:
tumblr_nf21km7fxp1rkrn29o1_r1_500.gif

Link

Perfect. Now I've got the battle theme in my head.

Psxphile

Episode meandered a bit in the 1st half, but came out swinging in the 2nd. Too much good shit to point out. Looks like the Gems leveled up and got some new attacks:

tumblr_nfd8x0EED11t5u6j6o1_500.gif

tumblr_nfd8x0EED11t5u6j6o2_500.gif

tumblr_nfd8x0EED11t5u6j6o3_500.gif

Also, this was pointed out on 4chan of all places (NSFW-ish, but it's art so it's okay right?): Image link

Also also: looks like after a week off for Thanksgiving, we'll be getting one more *new* episode of SU (hopefully not a scheduling error):
OxIM8a9.png

Bryko

Surprised by how much I liked this episode... might be my favorite since Ocean Gem. One of the funniest in the series, at least.

rexor0717

Yeah, it was a great episode. Baby Mellon doing the
jonathantornado.gif
was great. I'm still enjoying the way they've been slowly rolling out Steven's powers. Also, the Gem's new attacks were pretty cool too.

rexor0717

So do you think Beach City is on the west or east cost? It just makes me think of Santa Cruz,CA a whole lot, but it could probably be any beach town.

Psxphile

While I am reminded of Santa Cruz, I had a feeling it was on the east coast. I guess that settles it. I wonder if they'll eventually travel out of Beach City. I kinda wanted Steven to take that bus just to see where it'd go.

Ronaldo's blog also mentions a "Charm City" just beyond Beach City. Other than that, who knows? No need to for classic travel opportunities when they can just use the Warp pad. It's possible they've been all over the world in some very remote areas. I have to wonder if that desert they found the Desert Glass (and Lion) in was located in the Sahara.

rexor0717

Ronaldo's blog also mentions a "Charm City" just beyond Beach City. Other than that, who knows? No need to for classic travel opportunities when they can just use the Warp pad. It's possible they've been all over the world in some very remote areas. I have to wonder if that desert they found the Desert Glass (and Lion) in was located in the Sahara.

Yeah, the warp pads keep things fresh. I'd like to see how the outside world kinda reacts to the presence of the Gems. Like if they had to go to a major city one episode.

jwk94

Maaaannnnn, I did not expect that level of feels ;~;

This show is so beautiful

Neither did I =(

I didn't like Rose's look though. Her hair was too shiny....yes I'm very particular about hair. Her voice was amazing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom