• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stick drifting on Switch Lite confirmed

Katsura

Weird. I’ve had my Switch for like 4 months and play almost exclusively in handheld, haven’t had any issues. Does it show up after longer use more?
Mine started abruptly after about 6 months. At first i could make it disappear by using compressed air but eventually that didn't work

highrider

Banned
Mine started abruptly after about 6 months. At first i could make it disappear by using compressed air but eventually that didn't work

Dang lol. I mean I kind of anticipated having to replace them after a year or so but that would be a real drag.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
for day 1 switch owners just get a cheap joystick kit from ali inc tools.
for like 10 dollar

fixed my day 1 joycon today works like a charm.
fuck nintendo and their wank quality

lol at people saying the lite has the OG switch drift issues.
fucking idiots.

Last edited:

Katsura

Dang lol. I mean I kind of anticipated having to replace them after a year or so but that would be a real drag.
Chances are it won't happen to you and even if it does, grab a cheap repair kit and replace the stick yourself. That's what i did and it worked great

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
That site have one of the most garbage Nintendo communities I've ever encountered, with other console trolls swarming in triggering some woke people there time to time.

Just an anecdote from me.

It was once a nice place. Around a decade ago, I would post in the forums a bit from time to time, made some interesting online acquaintances. But it seems very different now.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
for day 1 switch owners just get a cheap joystick kit from ali inc tools.
for like 10 dollar

fixed my day 1 joycon today works like a charm.
fuck nintendo and their wank quality

lol at people saying the lite has the OG switch drift issues.
fucking idiots.
Maybe some do? I don't know why you're so dismissive of any criticism towards the Lite. Yes we get it, you love the Switch Lite and I'm sure those affected right now are the exception rather than the rule, but to label anyone skeptical of the durability of the onset Joycons a "fucking idiot" is unfair and unnecessary.

Spukc

Maybe some do? I don't know why you're so dismissive of any criticism towards the Lite. Yes we get it, you love the Switch Lite and I'm sure those affected right now are the exception rather than the rule, but to label anyone skeptical of the durability of the onset Joycons a "fucking idiot" is unfair and unnecessary.
If you state its the same issue as the og switch
You are a fucking idiot.

The issue is real yes.
I have 2 switch joycons that have drift
And i fixed them.All day 1 at least joycons will get this issue at a certain moment.

The lite however is not yet affected by this yet
As it just came out. And it's impossible to state this right now. Click-bait is what you call it.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
You are a fucking idiot.

The issue is real yes.
And i fixed them.All day 1 at least joycons will get this issue at a certain moment.

As it just came out. And it's impossible to state this right now. Click-bait is what you call it.

You do know that reports of drifting began in March 2017? Also, the cause of drifting seems to have multiple explanations, it's not only worn-down contacts or something that happens over time. But no matter the case, clearly some Lites are suffering from something that makes them drift, widespread or not.

tr1p1ex

i replaced my sticks this summer with a ~$7 kit from EBay. Yesterday I took them out and put the originals back in and sent them in for repair to Nintendo. lol. Not really sure why except we could. Oh I guess the right joycon slides out because the locking mechanism is broke and my kid is hoping they fix that too for free. I made a note of it. Also I guess having original sticks and a chance of having a permanent fix is another reason.

Last edited:

Phase

Stick drift and dpad issues would really frustrate me. So if I want to get a switch would buying a used one be the way to go, or should I wait for the pro and just pay up?

zombrex

Switch hardware issues have been unacceptable since launch. It's ridiculous how quickly the triggers and buttons go bad on the joy cons and they released them even though they knew about the connectivity issues on right joy con.
Now we have drift issues on a revision that should have fixed them. It is amazing Nintendo have somehow avoided widespread backlash on the myriad of hardware problems since launch. Had they received some more we would probably not have this situation.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
You are a fucking idiot.

The issue is real yes.

Dial it back on the personal attacks Spukc Spukc .

You can state your case, minus the vitriol.

Both my joy cons on my day one OG switch have drift issues when in docked mode. . Third set from Nintendo too. Lol.

I give up. I was gonna get the cool LE Pokemon Switch Lite but no way do I trust it to not get the drift issue eventually.

God I miss the old Nintendo days. What the hell happened?!

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned
Yeah almost like
The switch is selling great.

Not trying to diminish the success. Ok I think a better way to say it would be: I don’t think Nintendo understands why Switch is successful. They don’t know what to do next (overall with it) so they are throwing anything out there even if it might confuse customers.

For arguments sake, if the theory that customers thought the WiiU was an add on for the Wii was true, then clear messaging is important.

See: ring fit, Brain age, labo, etc. Switch is a handheld but also a console but not the Switch Lite that’s just a handheld, and you can’t play ring fit or brain age on the new Switch Lite, and you can’t dock the Switch Lite even though you’ve seen ads on tv and the internet showing you can do that for over two years but buy our new Switch Lite system.

It’s confusing even to me and I follow this stuff like all of you. Imagine what the perception is to someone that doesn’t follow the industry.

Edit: sorry for dragging this wildly off topic. The joycon quality is trash especially for what they cost. I have a launch day console and launch day joycon and I’ve been needing to replace the joycon but I don’t want to spend $70-80 for controllers that are so fragile. They’ve had plenty of time to fix this

Last edited:

Spukc

Not trying to diminish the success. Ok I think a better way to say it would be: I don’t think Nintendo understands why Switch is successful. They don’t know what to do next (overall with it) so they are throwing anything out there even if it might confuse customers.

For arguments sake, if the theory that customers thought the WiiU was an add on for the Wii was true, then clear messaging is important.

See: ring fit, Brain age, labo, etc. Switch is a handheld but also a console but not the Switch Lite that’s just a handheld, and you can’t play ring fit or brain age on the new Switch Lite, and you can’t dock the Switch Lite even though you’ve seen ads on tv and the internet showing you can do that for over two years but buy our new Switch Lite system.

It’s confusing even to me and I follow this stuff like all of you. Imagine what the perception is to someone that doesn’t follow the industry.
See the lite as a true handheld.
I mean it's not like nobody bought the 3ds ?
Why kill pure handheld gaming.🤔

I think its the best thing nintendo could have done honestly.
If you play the switch mainly on handheld.
Its really hard to go back to the og switch.
Kinda like.going back to the fat ds after the ds lite came out

Animagic

Banned
See the lite as a true handheld.
I mean it's not like nobody bought the 3ds ?
Why kill pure handheld gaming.🤔

I think its the best thing nintendo could have done honestly.
If you play the switch mainly on handheld.
Its really hard to go back to the og switch.
Kinda like.going back to the fat ds after the ds lite came out

The components that allow video out couldn’t have cost that much. I agree handheld only is great. Ultimately, I think ripping the capability out completely was a mistake.

I would be saying the same thing if they were to release a switch pro that is just an always docked console.

Edit: I got my wife a Switch Lite and it’s awesome in handheld. Just wish I could dock it also, I would have bought one for myself too.

Last edited:

Spukc

The components that allow video out couldn’t have cost that much. I agree handheld only is great. Ultimately, I think ripping the capability out completely was a mistake.

I would be saying the same thing if they were to release a switch pro that is just an always docked console.
I think what you want is an update on the switch.
I still hope we will get a 1080p handheld pro switch in the future.
Basically all your games running in docked mode (handheld mode) so all games gain from it.

The 3ds had 6 models surely the switch pro will happen.

Top Bottom