• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger of Sword City (PS Vita) listed on amazon Germany for March 25th

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Finally!! I'm extremely happy!! The Vita version had the original art instead of that"for westerners" bastardisation?

The thing is the XBO version the art style can be changed by the player, which Exp Inc had confirmed. So that at least helped ease the concerns pretty much everyone had when it seemed like it was just going to be stuck with the new style, which is not the case now.

We still have yet to get any details from NISA in regards to what the localized Vita version will include in it. Though one would imagine its the same as the JP version? As its not like we have had a different version here in Japan yet. SoSC 1.5 is still a long ways off Id imagine. As from what was talked about last night, dont think? they even started production of it. Though they were talking about all of the data collected from the online survey in regards to the series.

Faustek

Thanks.

The thing is the XBO version the art style can be changed by the player, which Exp Inc had confirmed. So that at least helped ease the concerns pretty much everyone had when it seemed like it was just going to be stuck with the new style, which is not the case now.

We still have yet to get any details from NISA in regards to what the localized Vita version will include in it. Though one would imagine its the same as the JP version? As its not like we have had a different version here in Japan yet. SoSC 1.5 is still a long ways off Id imagine. As from what was talked about last night, dont think? they even started production of it. Though they were talking about all of the data collected from the online survey in regards to the series.

Missed those talks but yes I would reckon they wouldn't do any extra work for the localization of the Vita version :)

Would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of those talks. Still at work though so wouldn't absorb it straight away.

Parakeetman

Thanks.

Missed those talks but yes I would reckon they wouldn't do any extra work for the localization of the Vita version :)

Would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of those talks. Still at work though so wouldn't absorb it straight away.

links are out of order
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1109924
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172853731&postcount=338
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178718906&postcount=387

I might have done one other one from a past live stream, but not sure where it is. Or if it was a post in a different thread rather than an actual new thread on the topic.

CrovaxPSO

Not like it's a huge difference but the screens in the OP are not from the Vita version. The UI is slightly different to fit better on a smaller screen, you can bring up the hit/avoid stats by pressing square.

PpWOrCA.jpg

Glad we're potentially getting this one over the Xbox version, simply due to the art change.

I didn't like Demon Gaze but I'm giving this one a shot because the art is so good.

Finally!! I'm extremely happy!! The Vita version had the original art instead of that"for westerners" bastardisation?

I feel like if anything the original art is more for westerners and the new art is more for otaku since it has more of an anime look. Though I guess only Valkyrie Profile and Wizardry have similar art.

Yaaaaaas. Been hoping for this ever since I played Demon Gaze. The art is beautiful, I prefer it to Demon Gaze honestly, even though I like anime style art. Experience makes great DRPGs

Faustek

links are out of order
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1109924
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172853731&postcount=338
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178718906&postcount=387

I might have done one other one from a past live stream, but not sure where it is. Or if it was a post in a different thread rather than an actual new thread on the topic.

Oh yeah I remember those :) thought it was talksmore recently ;)

Zero interest in making smartphone applications. Reason being is that they are not a company who is looking to make profits, instead make games that would bring users back to the genre or introduce them to it and such. Something like that anyways, falling behind on information a bit due to talk continuing as am doing this.

They would like to also make a Wizardry title but they say there are all sorts of issues which prevent that from happening including in general one being its a different generation now. Also other things such as obtaining rights.

Anyway, these two quotes from Chikami-san, your write up, really strikes me as awesome :)

I feel like if anything the original art is more for westerners and the new art is more for otaku since it has more of an anime look. Though I guess only Valkyrie Profile and Wizardry have similar art.

Perception is a fun thing.
I think so as well and the for "westerners" was more of a reaction to anime becoming more widespread again instead of actually looking at what have sold here in this category. So medium fanservice a la Demon Gaze. Please don't do it though as I really like the current art design of the game.

I honestly like some anime, not much of the latest things but then I'm judging everything from a Ghibli, Kenshin OAV's standpoint and those older titles that actually had a budget.

Parakeetman

Oh yeah I remember those :) thought it was talksmore recently ;)

Anyway, these two quotes from Chikami-san, your write up, really strikes me as awesome :)

Perception is a fun thing.
I think so as well and the for "westerners" was more of a reaction to anime becoming more widespread again instead of actually looking at what have sold here in this category. So medium fanservice a la Demon Gaze. Please don't do it though as I really like the current art design of the game.

I honestly like some anime, not much of the latest things but then I'm judging everything from a Ghibli, Kenshin OAV's standpoint and those older titles that actually had a budget.

Yeah there really isnt any other too new info in regards to things for the West outside of retreads on the XBO version and the general creation of it was for the Western market rather than making it for Japan.

Outside of that not too much else that would be information for folks in the West. So will have to wait to see when NISA does their actual announcement.

Not like it's a huge difference but the screens in the OP are not from the Vita version. The UI is slightly different to fit better on a smaller screen, you can bring up the hit/avoid stats by pressing square.

PpWOrCA.jpg

Thanks, I wasn't sure and I mainly wanted to show off the art, but I edited that one into the OP.

CrovaxPSO

When the game was still in development it had the English subtitle "The Stranger in Alda" which I always thought was a really good title. Alda is (I think) where Students of Round took place, and SoSC is set in a different area of the same world so it makes sense that they dropped the subtitle. I wonder why they didn't keep the idea and change it to Escalio, though.

NolbertoS

Another NISA game I'll buy soon. Damn NISA rapin my wallet :'( but at least they're bringing physical VIta games out West

V-Gief

Hnnnngggg! SoSC's art just blew me away. I was planning on importing this but this will make me wait for confirmation. Recently got Demon Gaze during the PSN sale and I realized I quite like these dungeon crawlers. Though I would like something a bit more advanced than Demon Gaze. Hoping that SoSC will fill that slot!

Saphirax

Hnnnngggg! SoSC's art just blew me away. I was planning on importing this but this will make me wait for confirmation. Recently got Demon Gaze during the PSN sale and I realized I quite like these dungeon crawlers. Though I would like something a bit more advanced than Demon Gaze. Hoping that SoSC will fill that slot!

Well there's DT 2 and Operation Abyss although Abyss is more obtuse than difficult.

autoduelist

I remember when many said this game had an extremely low chance of localization, and now it's coming to pretty much everything. Wowsers. I wonder if that shows a tidal shift in how localizers view drpgs -- that is, maybe they realized the west is again ready to accept them with open wallets.

Can't wait! And so, so happy we're getting a considerably more traditional Wizardry style [medieval].

Also Langrisser Re:Incarnation was announced.

Vita? Googled it some....
found this:
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/langrisser-reincarnation-tensei-coming-north-america-spring-2016

no mention of platform, but I think it was 3ds so I assume stays there?

Fantastic. That's a March purchase alongside Metropolis Defenders then (I'll get used to calling it by its western name soon).

Need for finish Operation Abyss in the meantime!

Top Bottom