• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things season 2 Comic-Con Trailer

kevin1025

Banned
That's not really a great reason to dump everything from season 1 to start over entirely for season 2.

I think the anthology talk from the first season was due to no one really knowing if it would be a continuation or not, at least initially. But when it became clear they had a plan, the anthology talk was pushed aside and more left as concern of making it as good as the first season.

But I think they're definitely going to make this season a hit again.

jediyoshi

Yup, I'm in.

Hope they throw a bit more money into costuming(?) this time around, there was some janky looking stuff towards the end of S1.

SilentRob

That's not really a great reason to dump everything from season 1 to start over entirely for season 2 consider it doesn't sound like the series was ever intended to be an anthology.

The only reason they would need is "We felt like we could tell a better story with a different cast." Obviously they didn't feel that way in this case. But, again: Implying that going with the same cast is inherently better (or worse) doesn't make much sense to me.

Joeku

The most 80's thing about this isn't Dragon's Lair or Ghostbusters or Thriller, it's the show being willing to put children in front of the camera and trust them to fucking act.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Might be hyperbole, but that was some of the best uses of Thriller ever.

A lot of trailers just slap on a cool sounding music that might be sort of related to the whatever its promoting but Thriller worked for this on a couple levels and of course they arranged the Vincent Price lines and music incredibly well with the scenes in the trailer.

giphy.gif

Can't. Wait.

Poor Will being haunted by what appears to be cosmic horror shenanigans.

HStallion

The only reason they would need is "We felt like we could tell a better story with a different cast." Obviously they didn't feel that way in this case. But, again: Implying that going with the same cast is inherently better (or worse) doesn't make much sense to me.

You have a good cast that work very well together and the material given to them with a creative team that trusts them to work with the material its a better choice to keep them on to continue their work and build from there.

dakun

A lot of trailers just slap on a cool sounding trailer that might be sort of related to the whatever its promoting but Thriller worked for this on a couple levels and of course they arranged the Vincent Price lines and music incredibly well with the scenes in the trailer.

Just using MJ's "Thriller, oh yeah... etc" that accompanies Vincent Prices verses instead of using the chorus that so many others would really worked in its favor too.

Amazing editing.

Enzom21

They’re still able to beautifully capture the atmosphere of 80’s sci-fi.
Can’t wait for this! Glad they didn’t make this an anthology series.

HStallion

So one of my predictions for the show is that Dr. Brenner was not killed at the end of season 1 but like Barb and others was transported over to the Upside Down and has been corrupted in a similar manner to the way Will was by the entities that lives there. Imagine a similar situation to the origins of the Tall Man in the Phantasm movies aka man travels to alternate dimension and turns into something else and returns to our world to wreak havoc for some evil unknown motive. Maybe even directly related to 11, like he's still in pursuit of her but for even more nebulous and terrible reasons.

VDenter

Banned
Well now i wish i hadn't seen the trailer it spoils just a bit too much for my liking. Oh well still really excited.

Top Bottom