• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist Released, Entire Series Available Now

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Finally got around to watching this.

If there's anything I appreciated the most, it's the scope and focus. Sticking to pre-SF1 Ryu & Ken and the small handful of characters directly linked to their lineage was a good move. Pre-satsui Akuma is something that isn't touched upon much elsewhere.

Piccoro

I'm bored at work so I did a little pic comparing long-haired Ken from Alpha and Assassin's Fist:
6XwVETV.png

Ocaso

Just finished this and thoroughly enjoyed it! As others have said, the love for the characters and the lore really shows. I was actually under the impression that the 12 episodes were entirely self contained, so not having a season 2 would be terrible. Hope that gets confirmed soon.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
yup,
blanka doll
on the necklace in the very next scene. lol this has been some great shit so far. avoided all spoiler tags in the thread - I'm wondering how many more surprises are left.

London Comicon
Street-Fighter-Assassins-Fist-Panel.jpg

http://www.mcmbuzz.com/2014/06/01/street-fighter-assassins-fist-panel-at-mcm-london-comic-con/

What to expect from Season 2

Joey then revealed what audiences could see in a potential second series: “Logically, Ryu and Ken are now in America, we’re going to see the Street Fighter world tournament, at least Sagat getting the scar, Ken’s gonna kick ass in the US, there’s obviously the Gouken and Akuma showdown that everyone is waiting to see, then introduce Shadaloo and the captains of Shadaloo – Vega, Balrog, Sagat and Bison. You could do an entire series on Shadaloo.” He explained that a second series shouldn’t be so difficult after having completed Assassin’s Fist, but added, “there’s no point in doing it unless we can do it the right way.”

The next question had Joey being asked which character from Street Fighter he would choose next if given the opportunity to do another back story. Without hesitation, Joey answered, “All of them.” He explained that the ideal plan would be another series that consists of ten episodes, each an hour long, and it would introduce Shadaloo. “You will get that development, we’re not just going to crowbar it all into one two-hour thing,” he said. “It would cover the Street Fighter 1 tournament, Ryu and Ken returning to Japan, Ryu becoming the tireless wanderer, Akuma kind of haunting him, Shadaloo and the World Warrior tournament. So you would get all of that back story before you get to the tournament itself.”

Haunted

I've been watching Mortal Kombat Legacy II because people have told me that's the other good videogame adaptation released as a web series lately, but fuck, it's not even close. Stopped watching halfway through.

Capcom, give these guys the money to do more treatment of the SF backstory, the reception has been exceptional.

I've been watching Mortal Kombat Legacy II because people have told me that's the other good videogame adaptation released as a web series lately, but fuck, it's not even close. Stopped watching halfway through.

Capcom, give these guys the money to do more treatment of the SF backstory, the reception has been exceptional.

LOL SFAF raised the bar too high

That attention to detail on every aspect of production (story, acting, character moves, Capcom involvement, faithfulness) has never been done before.

Everything before it just seems like a joke now.
But at the same time MKL has many more characters to juggle, so it will be interesting to see how Joey and Christian juggle the chaos of all those characters, while still making the story focused.

Regardless just the fact they are focused on staying true to the source material makes it a success imo even if they may lose control from the size in the long run.

Pretty cool that they're not skipping SF1.

yes, I want to see live action Retsu, Joe, Geki, Lee, Eagle, Birdie, Gen, Adon & Sagat. I'll be sad if they skip SF1, especially since the Sagat scar moment is pretty important to the SF lore.

edit: didn't only Ryu attend the first SF tournament canonically? I think Ken instead attended the US Fighting Championship with Charlie/Nash or something. that's why you only see Ken in 2 player mode in SF1 (with their training grounds in Japna as the stage), and not during the actual arcade mode.

Phades

Dabbling with the tournament and shadaloo and more characters is nonsense imo

They need to have ken go off in one direction, get in some street fight scene go through some personal journey. Find love.

Ryu in another direction. Meets Sagat while alums behind his tail.

Both come back to japan. They learn some personal lesson. Gouken preps them for the first tournament in season 3

Given their take on the current characters, I think I'd be very amused at their presentation of Sakura to be a more human break from the more serious aspects going on behind the scenes.

cj_iwakura

I'd be okay with Ming-Na Wen coming back, she wasn't bad. (Okay, she's probably too old now.)

Pleasantly surprised with Akuma. Radiates menace.

Uh, what about Alpha?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Given their take on the current characters, I think I'd be very amused at their presentation of Sakura to be a more human break from the more serious aspects going on behind the scenes.
Seeing this adaptation of Ryu interact with Sakura will be amusing. He's not quite as serious as game Ryu (so far), but he still seems like his personality would clash pretty strongly with someone as lively as her.

So happy this was so well executed.

Going to have me my 9 years old son watch this tonight.

I hope people continue to support this so we can continue getting episodes.

fader

Im sorry, but MKL seems lame compared to this. Seeing how well they executed everything outright to the costumes and character attitudes, MKL seems like a lame indy film compared to SFAF

I'd be okay with Ming-Na Wen coming back, she wasn't bad. (Okay, she's probably too old now.)

Uh, what about Alpha?

Alpha series takes place after SF1, but before SF2. so they'll probably do SF1 first, then introduce Shadowloo in the season that's based around the Alpha series. that is assuming they follow the game's canon to a tee.

Aku-Audi

Uh, what about Alpha?

Ming Na looks amazing to this very day, I'd say in some ways she's even more attractive now with her maturity.

Phades

Seeing this adaptation of Ryu interact with Sakura will be amusing. He's not quite as serious as game Ryu (so far), but he still seems like his personality would clash pretty strongly with someone as lively as her.

Exactly. At times, it seemed like even Ken clashed with Ryu personality wise. Sakura would be just amplifying that, never mind her own lively nature that is amusing onto its self.

Ming Na looks amazing to this very day, I'd say in some ways she's even more attractive now with her maturity.

I agree with this, but I'd almost prefer her to be a 3rd Strike iteration, very motherly by that point in Chun-Li's life. For a younger Chun-Li....maybe.

Thought this was worth sharing, amazing fan art that was posted on the facebook page

Awesome fanart; thanks for sharing.

PSYGN

When I played Street Fighter as a kid, I never played for the story, so watching these iconic characters having a back-story fully fleshed out and executed well has me excited for more! Awesome series so far.

Palpable

I really enjoyed this. I'm hoping they do more seasons and focus on the whole Shadaloo bit and bring in all the SF2 characters!

The director and a few members of the cast will be at SDCC this weekend. I hope we get some information on the status of the continuation of the series. I thought Season 1 knocked it out of the park.

sfafakuma.jpg

Devid905

The team behind the live-action Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist series has just announced that there is a sequel in the works.

Deemed "Street Fighter: World Warrior," the new series is currently in development and is set for late 2015 / early 2016 launch time.

According to director Joey Ansah, the new series will introduce more characters from the Street Fighter universe, and will be larger-scale production than Assassin's Fist.

"The scale of World Warrior is much larger, picking up where Assassin's Fist left off as we follow Ryu and Ken on their 'Musha Shugyo' (warrior's pilgrimage)," said Ansah. "The Shadaloo criminal cartel will be introduced, led by the extremely dangerous M.Bison, which will naturally lead into the World Warrior tournament… and we all know what this means - fan favourites Guile, Chun-li, Sagat and Co. will be playing a big part!"
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/jul/25/street-fighter-world-warrior-sequel-assassins-fist-announced-san-diego-comic-con/

Well this information just made my day. The DVD will have a epilogue episode. Very good to hear. I want to speculate on this epilogue, but I don't want to get my hopes up too far. That Blu-ray is mine.

I hope someone recorded the panel.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Alpha is probably the most plot-heavy chapter of the franchise, too.

You could feasibly combine some of it with SF1 or SF2 and streamline things a bit, though.

Axass

I just finished watching it. I've never been a huge Street Fighter fan (only played II in the arcades back in the day and nothing else) but this series was something else, I could feel the love for the franchise oozing out from it. Well directed, good acting, better effects then what I had envisioned.

I'm eagerly waiting for the sequel.

Looks like the bonus epilogue will definitely involve Gouki:
https://www.facebook.com/streetfigh...3386940445/708528765895570/?type=1&permPage=1
Exciting news for fans in the UK. You'll soon be able to own and view, the full 152 minute theatrical-length version of Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, via your favourite digital channel.

This full length version includes an EXCLUSIVE 13 minute Epilogue with material you won't have seen on Machinima. Without giving too much away you'll find out even more about Gouki/Akuma!

So whether you are a user of iTunes, XBox, Sony Playstation Store, Google Play, Blinkbox, Amazon Instant, Samsung Video, Sky, Virgin Media, TalkTalk or EE you'll be able to get the full version of Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist.

If you're a Street Fighter fan you should support this product. The prooduct is worth it. The directors commentary is excellent. The bonus features are entertaining. The final shot of the epilogue looks better than my wildest imaginations. I never thought I would see that on screen. What a excellent eye. The entire team must be proud.

Top Bottom