• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist Released, Entire Series Available Now

However, I am now fully convinced that a real life shoryuken will always look awkward. The pose just looks so goofy for some reason.

I don't think so, more experimentation with different camera angles, such as first person or fist cam, over the shoulder etc, I think those would look pretty good. I wasn't there when they were filming, but I suspect that because of the budget doing the low camera angle meant the amount of editing out of wires and cranes was reduced.

neoemonk

I expected them to be playing on a Famicom. Scene was still great though.

I watched 0-3 last night, 4 during my lunch break today, and the rest after work. I was so disappointed that it was over.

This reminded me of the Alpha 1 intro sequence

PuzhDdm.gif

Ken-Ryu-hadoken.gif
Ryu_and_ken_hadoken_double_hit.gif

Tizoc

The Furious One, any chance you guys could consider making a series/movie based on Fatal Fury series in the future?

Ain't It Cool interviews Joey Ansah - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67489
sfaf_akudaog2a7068_large.jpg

sfaf_ryuda_og2a6895_large.jpg

sfaf_young_ds3_og2a4636_large.jpg

The Furious One, any chance you guys could consider making a series/movie based on Fatal Fury series in the future?

I've been telling Joey to do a live action for Fist of the North Star, with him playing Roah. But he doesn't think there is any demand for FotNS at this time, so I would assume he'd say the same thing about Fatal Fury or Final Fight. If there is no demand for it then there is little chance getting such a project off the ground. Street Fighter Legacy might never have happened if it wasn't for Street Fighter 4 doing so well and SSF4 being released around the same time.

BadWolf

I've been telling Joey to do a live action for Fist of the North Star, with him playing Roah. But he doesn't think there is any demand for FotNS at this time, so I would assume he'd say the same thing about Fatal Fury or Final Fight. If there is no demand for it then there is little chance getting such a project off the ground. Street Fighter Legacy might never have happened if it wasn't for Street Fighter 4 doing so well and SSF4 being released around the same time.

While it makes more sense, financially, to make something Street Fighter related than SNK related, at the same time imo it makes more sense to make something SNK related than FOTNS.

SNK games, and especially the characters, have a pretty big worldwide following.

Renekton

While it makes more sense, financially, to make something Street Fighter related than SNK related, at the same time imo it makes more sense to make something SNK related than FOTNS.

SNK games, and especially the characters, have a pretty big worldwide following.
A Southtown setting with Bogard brothers, Geese, Sakazaki family, etc shouldn't be hard/expensive to do.

LiK

I would love if they could just do a lil fake trailer for Fatal Fury live action movie if they can't do a whole series. Just gimme a sweet ass fight.

Some Nobody

My only complaint so far is the hadoukens. Everything else is within realism, if exaggerated, but those fireballs. I kind of like how the JCVD movie handled it; a palm strike with a burst of force. Small nitpick, though.

Noooot what I came here for. My friend tried to get me to watch last night and it was literally only the promise of a Hadouken that sold me. Live action should not = boring realism.

Only saw three parts, but what I saw was pretty awesome. Would love to see a Season 2, and I'm not even a big Street Fighter fan. I just LOVE well-choreographed fight scenes and attention to detail on this level.

mbpm1

Young Gouki wasn't too imposing, but it looks like they they picked the biggest and buffest person they had available to play Akuma.

Who was also the director, which was cool.

Post-Satsui Gouki was probably the one with the most presence on screen, imo, besides Goutetsu. Which is just typical, Akuma's always gotta be top tier, the scumbag.

RAIDEN1

It'd be interesting to see if there was a Season 2 who would they bring in....Blanka? Dhalsim? Vega? If money was no object they could CGI Blanka! (like how the incredible hulk is in the Avengers movie..)

Seyavesh

furious one, i've been meaning to ask: is ken's theme missing from the official album on purpose? i bought the album hopin' for that arrangement that plays on the radio but to my surprise it wasn't there

furious one, i've been meaning to ask: is ken's theme missing from the official album on purpose? i bought the album hopin' for that arrangement that plays on the radio but to my surprise it wasn't there

There will be a Volume 2 which will be released later on in the year.

The actor who played Gouken is absolutely amazing. Has he acted in any martial arts films before? Guy must be a pro.

Also, I keep hearing "World Warrior" thrown around when discussing Season 2. Will they really skip the first Street Fighter? It might not be as well known as its sequel, but I think there is a story worth telling there.

Saw the remainder of this yesterday with my friends. Absolutely amazing and better than I ever thought it could be. I love all the nods to the games and respecting the lore. I can't wait for this to release on Blu-ray so I can pick it up and watch it again. One quick question, was the actor who played Gouken the same that played Kenshi in season 2 of Mortal Kombat?

GrayFoxPL

part way through it now. not up on SF lore at all. What's the deal with the 'Who's Dan?' joke?

Dan is a joke character. It was a satire on SNK's Art of Fighting series main characters Robert and Ryo. There was "renbu" combo attack and fireball that didn't come out if power bar was empty. Dan has parody of these attacks.

ksdixon

I thought that was it. Lost track of the different martial artist characters they introduced between Alpha/EX/3/4 etc.

AAK

Just finished it. It was REALLY good. Loved this FGC homage:

However, The raging demon was SUUUPER lame. They went all CGI with it when they did everything else with some kind of martial arts representation. Was hoping they'd be more creative than that.

But still only a minor complaint. I whole heartedly support a Season 2.

ED Cantu

The old fisherman, Goma, is played by the same actor as Goutetsu.
Could he be Goutetsu's brother who is mentioned early on? o_O
Gonna throw a crazy theory in here:

Goma is actually Gotetsu's long lost brother

About this, I have the same theory and last night while I was re-watching the whole season I noticed something for the first time, maybe some already noticed this but I'll post just the link to the image to avoid spoilers.

Possible Spoilers

Can't believe I didn't notice this earlier.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Ain't It Cool interviews Joey Ansah - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67489
sfaf_akudaog2a7068_large.jpg

sfaf_ryuda_og2a6895_large.jpg

sfaf_young_ds3_og2a4636_large.jpg

Thanks for this. From Ansah's comments, it seems Season 2 is a go. I just finished it the other day, and holy shit! It's so awesome.

Just to echo the sentiments here, the project is a labor of love and you can tell. Everything is spot-on and I love the little nods they included in it. The fact they used Japanese with subs really made it more genuine and such.

Needless to say, I want more and I want it ASAP.

DualEdge

Absolutely loved this! Like others I originally planned to watch a few episodes at first, but found myself knocking this out really quickly. I was really pleased with the casting choices overall and the attention to detail was fantastic. Thinking of what they could do with the World Warrior going forward makes me grin from ear-to-ear!

Count me in for a Blu-ray copy!

chaosaeon

Just curious, what's the popularity chain of characters in Street Fighter ? Is there a clear cut fan favorite and someone universally hated, or is it even across the board.

AAK

Ryu would easily win the top pick for the most popular.

Actually from THIS facebook poll for TxSF this was the popularity results:

I guess this is due for an update!

Street Fighter (Top 20)

1.Karin (@ 18.53%)
2. Alex
3. Ingrid
4. Cammy
5. R.Mika
6. Q
7. Maki
8. Ryu
9. Rose
10. Juri
11. Akuma
12. Ken
13. Elena
14. Sakura
15. Chun-Li
16. Ibuki
17. M.Bison
18. Cody
19. Evil Ryu
20. Vega

Original facebook poll is closed but those were the most recent results before they closed.

Toxi

Banned
Actually from THIS facebook poll for TxSF this was the popularity results:

Original facebook poll is closed but those were the most recent results before they closed.
The poll was heavily biased to characters not in Street Fighter IV because people assumed the poll results would influence the cast of Tekken x Street Fighter. I know, I voted Q in it. Q, Karin, and R. Mika are nowhere near the most popular Street Fighter characters.
Just curious, what's the popularity chain of characters in Street Fighter ? Is there a clear cut fan favorite and someone universally hated, or is it even across the board.
SF2 cast will always be at the top, with Ryu and Ken at the very top as the "faces" of the game.

For hated characters... El Fuerte is probably at the bottom.

Top Bottom