• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - Dhalsim Trailer

Garlador

Eating crow on this one.

When i heard about the leak, I was going "Dhalsim? Really? What a waste of a spot."

... Yeah, I'm all in. I may even main him. He looks fantastic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CSV1SsZUYAAp64e.jpg:orig

DAT BEARD
DAT TURBAN
DAT INDIA STAGE

...dat boring ass super.

Seriously this game has a whack mix of cool and dull supers. It's like Capcom know people will expand the meter for EX moves that they didn't bother with some of them XP
Yeah, especially since Sim looks pretty meter heavy.

I love everything about him except that his neutral stance only uses one leg. It's driving me crazy.

roknin

Sim looking dope as fuuuuuck.

I'm still going to hate this matchup so much and probably won't play him, but the game wouldn't feel right without him (or someone similar), and hey... we can use more beards.

NEO0MJ

Nice makeover. I wonder why his marking aren't consistent, though.

I was thinking the same thing.
Going by the SF2 stats, Zangief is only 4 years younger than Dhalsim. I know those stats really don't matter anymore since none of the games take place in modern day and in a weird post-SF2/possibly retconed SF3 timeline.

Muscle power!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Capcom Unity blog post about the release, the DLC plans, Fight Money and of course Dhalsim.

V-Skill: Yoga Float

Upon activation Dhalsim hops into the air and floats for a few seconds. During this time, all airborne attacks and specials are accessible. This can also be activated in the air.

V-Trigger: Yoga Burner

Dhalsim shoots out a stream of flames that stays on the screen on the floor for an extended period of time. If the opponent stands in the flames, they will slowly lose life in the form of recoverable damage. Once they step out of the flames, their life will begin to recover.

TheStig88

Hot damn, what a sick redesign. It really is amazing how much better beards make everything. Gameplay looks tight as hell too and they are -killing- it with the animations in this game, seriously.

Well, I was kinda disappointed at first, but then I watched the trailer. Hovers, teleport shenanigans, a good CA and by the looks of things a flame carpet? It turns out we're not really getting dhalsim, instead...

Qk3N7zC.png

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Glad to see him here! I still think Capcom could be a bit more bold with his moves, but I'm quite glad he fared better than others. Sim with beard and turban? OK!

V trigger is a hot idea. I like the concept of a land-based buff that'll make enemies play sloppy. V skill sounds interesting if his air special game got some buffs.

Of course his animations are cool, thats always one of his great design points.

Still want my Yoga Legend! :/

Top Bottom