• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V - Dhalsim Trailer

mattp

Hot damn, what a sick redesign. It really is amazing how much better beards make everything. Gameplay looks tight as hell too and they are -killing- it with the animations in this game, seriously.

lol yup

give me a full beard on m bison, not that stupid goatee

also slap a white beard on zangief

just make all the sf2 characters older, with white hair, and beards

DR2K

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;183140204 said:

All those resources and ideas could have gone to a better character. But they did the best with what they got. Same with Geif and Vega.

vg260

He looks and plays cool it seems. Another waste of a slot, but whatever.

Capcom said:
And last but not least, we have confirmed that Dhalsim will be joining the initial roster as the first true zoning character in the game.

I'm not big on the character design in general, but the bold + a classic character makes this not a waste.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
c881254b1dbb4b5b8189363c6e4a4332.png

93cbc2ac4a100c1bb371e752f8d71e11.png

d95c87e5d934ab5475b6e55efe84c235.png

nice

Prototype

Man watched it again, I've never been a fan of Sim , but damn if he doesn't look as good as he ever has. The animation is amazing.

Crocodile

Dhalism looks a lot more "human" for lack of a better word. Still exaggerated but in a more palatable way if that makes any sense. I approve. Also seems to have a lot of crazy moves :)

Omega

Banned
gotta say i was disappointed when he was leaked, but it looks like Sim might not be boring as fuck

I would have had a different roster but this game is shaping up nicely. I'll just have to pretend they're new characters since they play differently

He looks great, and glad he's included he deserves his spot and I've been playing Sim since WW.

I really love what they're doing with classic characters like Bison, Sim and Gief, it gives me hope for other "anticlimactic" returns like Guile etc - they're bound to receive a fresh coat of paint but still should retain what makes them, them.

BoSox06DH

I never used Sim in SF4. I was disappointed initially when it seemed Sim was the next character reveal. But, I've been swayed. I'm planning on using him since he really, really looks amazing to use.

DasPrints

Nice makeover. I wonder why his marking aren't consistent, though.

Muscle power!

The one you can see on his legs in the top picture are on the back of his legs in the bottom picture. Vice versa for his arm markings. The marks are consistent he just doesn't have them on both sides of his limbs. If what you meant was why his markings are present in some pictures and absent in others.

Veal

Looks like I'll be playing Dhalsim in V. This is THE first time this character has ever appealed to me.

16BitNova

DAT BEARD
DAT TURBAN
DAT INDIA STAGE

...dat boring ass super.

Seriously this game has a whack mix of cool and dull supers. It's like Capcom know people will expand the meter for EX moves that they didn't bother with some of them XP

Well based on the trailer you cant tell if its his Super. Could be his V trigger.

FSLink

Banned
Well based on the trailer you cant tell if its his Super. Could be his V trigger.
It's his super. Here's his V-Skill and V-Trigger:

V-Skill: Yoga Float
Upon activation Dhalsim hops into the air and floats for a few seconds. During this time, all airborne attacks and specials are accessible. This can also be activated in the air.

V-Trigger: Yoga Burner
Dhalsim shoots out a stream of flames that stays on the screen on the floor for an extended period of time. If the opponent stands in the flames, they will slowly lose life in the form of recoverable damage. Once they step out of the flames, their life will begin to recover.

NEO0MJ

The last original character may end up being the boss unless he/she isn't playable at first. That may be why they handled the reveal this way.

That's why I think it would be more fitting.

The one you can see on his legs in the top picture are on the back of his legs in the bottom picture. Vice versa for his arm markings. The marks are consistent he just doesn't have them on both sides of his limbs. If what you meant was why his markings are present in some pictures and absent in others.

Aha, I see.

Nzyme32

Totally digging the Dhalsim design. Looks fantastic. Exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for. Shame some of the other characters are pretty meh

Top Bottom