• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT| No Options to Select

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't walk up on or stand right next to people when they're knocked down, unless you have a plan.
You could just walk up and block to bait out attacks and then counter (that's a free Crush Counter if we're talking wake up uppercuts).
Or you could go for a grab if they're not expecting it.
Or you could give a little distance and go for a cross-up right as they stand up.

Those options are all assuming you want to keep up the pressure; you could also just back off and return to neutral. Whatever option you pick, the most important thing is that you shouldn't be too predictable. Mixup your approach, and practice your timing. There's wake-up recording in Training mode, maybe try messing with that.

my biggest issue is i cant seem to pull off that insta shoryuken without getting up too fast

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
They would've still released it with 16 characters in June. That's the whole point of going back to basics.

Coda

Lucky you

I've been trying to break into the 2K LP range for three days, but a squadron of Rashid, Nash and Ken players keeps getting in my way. It happens right after I get 5-8 win streaks or if I finally hit 1850LP like an automatic switch. It definitely sucks when you can't hit a goal.

Yeah I was stuck at 1200 LP range for a few days, went to a couple local meetups and a local tournament this week which in turn made me learn a lot while also strengthening my general game and muscle memory.

It's funny you say that you hit 1850 LP while on a win streak and then all of a sudden you started losing. I got to 1800 LP tonight and thought I should quit and then I started losing and dropped back down to 1500-1600 LP. But I decided to keep playing and play my aggressive R. Mika playstyle and it ended up paying off in the end. When I reached 2000 LP I was like okay, I'm done for the night. Keep trying and improving your game and you will surely get there.

The characters giving me trouble online are definitely Karin, Laura and Zangief.

Westlo

They would've still released it with 16 characters in June. That's the whole point of going back to basics.

Of course, they want to sell season passes and indiv dlc. Honestly the first season characters are probably finished already, they just didn't put them on disc this time.

The servers are supposed to go down today aren't they? How many hours till they go down?

I thought it was cute that they felt the need to tell people the servers would be down.

Anyway four matches in an hour, which isn't good enough. I really hope this maintenance fixes things, because otherwise I'll be just about done with it.

Finally got my Hori Fighting Commander; Time to throw away the johns!

I can't wait until we get 8 player battle lounges, it'll be much easier to get gaf battles going.

Pachimari

So did all our scrubs already quit the game and stopped or what? It seems every post now is "made it into gold" "made it into super silver" etc, and im stuck in bronze as usual. Everytime I go to super bronze, I get a rude awakening and get imediatly bodied back to bronze (granted tonight was the first time I actually had some matches besides that other night with Gief)

Seems like everyone all if a sudden got super good really fast and im sitting here thinking "welp, im still shit" lol

I would bet I'm more shit than you. But yeah, I'm still practicing hard. Today is all about completing story mode though.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Anyway four matches in an hour, which isn't good enough. I really hope this maintenance fixes things, because otherwise I'll be just about done with it.

Four matches in an hour? I just got four ranked matches and three casual matches in thirty minutes. Barely had any time to do anything in training mode in between fights. I do live in Tokyo, so perhaps it's just due to different player base sizes in our respective areas.

Managed to get my three ranked wins in a row trophy yesterday (which is a big deal for me, believe me). I was so happy to have the badge of shame lifted, I commented "never gonna happen again" in the trophy notification. Although funnily enough, It actually happened again tonight, plus I won all my casual matches tonight. Not bad for thirty minutes. I actually have over 300 lp now, which believe it or not, I'm happy with.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm at work for another 7 hours but feel free to add JillSandwich and you can smack my ass when I get home!

I don't have a main yet, I thought I'd try Chun but after getting nowhere with her I'll try someone else!

does anyone have a video for the timing of doing a wake up move, I just cant seem to do a shoryuken on wake up when so many others have got me with it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OH SHIT

IouAnpn.png

my first ragequit LOL. Trash Mika with near 2k points, even for my half an hour Rashid she was easy. On the winning hit, "connection was lost" haha

not even mad :p

Im bleeding points with Rashid tho, I dont even care

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
OH SHIT

my first ragequit LOL. Trash Mika with near 2k points, even for my half an hour Rashid she was easy. On the winning hit, "connection was lost" haha

not even mad :p

Im bleeding points with Rashid tho, I dont even care

Street Fighter V |OT(4000)2|

Pretty sure the connection filter for 4-5 or 5 means absolutely nothing.

4-5 still gets you insane rollbacks..
Set it to accepting manually. It'll give you 1 bar connections no matter the filter you set. That lets you circumvent them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
sigh I keep losing to the most basic ryus. I miss Gief :(

edit: im so trash with Rashid :( 1-5 so far (well, 2-5 but the trash miak stole my win)

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Fuuuuucckkkk quitters! What a bunch of losers...

Yup. I can't understand why people do that. I mean, who gives a shit if you're going to lose a game? I've only won ten ranked matches out of ~70, but that doesn't stop me from having fun.

I had someone rage quit in a casual match yesterday... Or at least, I think they did, but I can't confirm it. It could have been some connection issue, but the dude was ranked 82, XXX and I was ranked 124, XXX and I absolutely destroyed him. Won the first round and had him in the corner in the second round with a health bar that would have just been chip damage in SF4 and he went into full on turtle mode for a few seconds before the connection dropped.

Could just be a coincidence, but I can't help but feel suspicious.

Hyun Sai

The lack of any penalty is a reason for the numbers of quitters, no doubt.

But the real thing is the era of social media and sharing. Many people are overly sensitive about being seen in any negative way, and having a video of them getting destroyed on Youtube is not something they can handle.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The trophy for getting into certain ranks doesn't help either. It's the only way to do it for many.

myco666

This is a good day. Got two fights before I had to go to university and won both. Once people start to stop jumping and spamming special moves I will get blown up so badly though. Also what is a good Crush Counter combo for Ryu? Everything I've tried won't connect.

Laws00

Has anybody gotten any hate mail from street fighter 5 yet?

I guess its too much of a hassle to put someones PSN in this game

Mediking

HECK YEAH!!!! I was fighting online against a friend of mine whose really good at Street Fighter. I actually won most of the rounds! I was playing as Cammy and everything just started working for me! She is the queen of the mixups!!! :D

Rhaknar

just lost the closest match ever against a Ken ;_;

Im not giving up on Rashid hes fun :(

Durden77

Moonsault can be used as an awesome mix up tool on a hard knockdown. Do the M or L one depending and your spacing and you will either land directly in front or behind them very quickly. I rarely use it on raw offense anymore but it's great for this.

B00TE

Birdie may end up being the character I play when I get frustrated. Win or lose, he's just fun to play and incredibly goofy. Trying to figure out how to effectively play him though, I spend a good chunk of time getting my attacks stuffed, with the rare occasion when I'm consistently getting good reads and grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom