• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I've already payed for this pass so I might as well see what characters they bring out.

But I feel like there's no hype anymore for these new characters as compared to S1 when people were constantly theorizing about their v-systems and just generally excited. One would think completely new movesets and new archetypes would get the hardcore fans interested at least.

The only reason people could do that is because we knew the characters due to the leak but not how they'd play. It was all guess work. Plus, it's easier to theorize how S1 DLC boys would play since they were based on characters we've already played.

This season is airtight save for this leak, and it pretty much told us how she'd play. The rest of the characters have no basis in anything, so it's really hard to draw any conclusions, much less say shit since Capcom won't even tell us what kind of fighters they are.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh and this leak mentions Arturo again. Pretty sure leaks from last year did, too. Will they ban him soon? lol

I played Honda and never minded it tbh.

Though I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer regular qcf/hcf motions for the move instead.

Also regarding Helen:

"She looks like a slow zoner"

Russian lady who's a zoner? Yup, this is my new main. Assuming I don't get left behind.

I played Honda and never minded it tbh.

Though I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer regular qcf/hcf motions for the move instead.

Also regarding Helen:

"She looks like a slow zoner"

Russian lady who's a zoner? Yup, this is my new main.

I need to learn a zoner too to offset some of my terrible matchups so I'm hoping she plays well! People said that Guile had slow stumpy normals at first and he turned out great; let's see if Kolen/Helin impress.

I mean I've already payed for this pass so I might as well see what characters they bring out.

But I feel like there's no hype anymore for these new characters as compared to S1 when people were constantly theorizing about their v-systems and just generally excited. One would think completely new movesets and new archetypes would get the hardcore fans interested at least.
When will you guys listen to me?

S2 is bad...

Also should be a mixture of familiar characters and new ones. Sakura, Sagat, Dudley, joined by 3 newcomers for example. I just think Capcom is missing the mark. I've taken a break from play, but still watching pretty regularly high level play, it's more boring now.

MrCarter

When will you guys listen to me?

S2 is bad...

Also should be a mixture of familiar characters and new ones. Sakura, Sagat, Dudley, joined by 3 newcomers for example. I just think Capcom is missing the mark. I've taken a break from play, but still watching pretty regularly high level play, it's more boring now.

S2 has just begun dude we haven't even had our first CPT event yet lol. I for one welcome these new characters and play styles and the "nostalgia" characters can wait it out till S3 and beyond.

S2 has just begun dude we haven't even had our first CPT event yet lol. I for one welcome these new characters and play styles and the "nostalgia" characters can wait it out till S3 and beyond.
yeah, we'll see...just seems like the hype died down from my POV.

And I think all new characters is a mistake. Mixture reaches a broader audience IMO.

HiResDes

I'm just catching up on Undefeated can we talk about K-Brad did you see those motherfuckering whiff punishes on Justin, did you see how my man responded after the Smug and Wolverine. I don't usually be on my Paul Heyman shit, but yeah dude deserve some props.

Shadoken

Man am honestly kinda bummed its gonna be Helen. The ice power thing makes it pretty much confirmed at this point.

I hope S2 doesnt end up being a budget season pass. If it ends up being Helen,Azam,Ed,Satsuki... heck even Akuma is still a shoto.

Scotia

Banned
Don't know why but I was under the impression Kolin/Helen was getting revealed today...

94vTp1U.gif

Don't know why but I was under the impression Kolin/Helen was getting revealed today...

probably because today would be reasonable given the fact that capcom told us they'd reveal the character this week and yesterday teased by changing the images on their facebook, but then you fell into the trap thinking you could reasonably anticipate capcom information dispersion

Skilletor

probably because today would be reasonable given the fact that capcom told us they'd reveal the character this week and yesterday teased by changing the images on their facebook, but then you fell into the trap thinking you could reasonably anticipate capcom information dispersion

The mixup is that there is no mixup.

Ryce

February 14 would be the perfect day to release Helen: it's her canonical birthday, it's roughly the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter III, and it's a Tuesday (the typical update day).

myco666

February 14 would be the perfect day to release Helen: it's her canonical birthday, it's roughly the 20th anniversary of Street Fighter III, and it's a Tuesday (the typical update day).

That would be smart but this is Capcom we are talking about.

Pachinko

Man am honestly kinda bummed its gonna be Helen. The ice power thing makes it pretty much confirmed at this point.

I hope S2 doesnt end up being a budget season pass. If it ends up being Helen,Azam,Ed,Satsuki... heck even Akuma is still a shoto.

Akuma, Helen/Kolin , Azam, Byron (guilds CO), Satsuki , Voilent Ken (hadn't appeared in a SF game outside of the forthcoming switch SF2)

This is very much a budget season , next year we might not even get 6 characters unless this game starts making more money soon.

Moaradin

I fail to see how that would be a budget season pass. Those are all new characters and require more work than just bringing back a returning character. The 3D models they have in the game are basic and would pretty much require brand new models anyways, and they have no existing skill set to draw from.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Akuma, Helen/Kolin , Azam, Byron (guilds CO), Satsuki , Voilent Ken (hadn't appeared in a SF game outside of the forthcoming switch SF2)

This is very much a budget season , next year we might not even get 6 characters unless this game starts making more money soon.

I truly doubt Azam, Byron or Violent Ken are part of this season, I'm 99% sure they aren't.

Azam, maybe?

Even then, it's not like they'd be saving a whole lot by having models in the game right now for maybe three characters. There's still the issue of having normal moves, specials, CAs, etc. That shit doesn't exist right now.

Also, the WSO boys said there is no announcement tonight. See you guys tomorrow or Thursday then.

These guys all need new movesets? Isn't that more work than just brining back old characters when the template is already there (even with heavy redesigns)?

If they do bring back old guys, I hope they get big overhauls.

myco666

From my understanding the creation of 3D model is pretty expensive and animation not so much. So Capcom is definitely saving some money by using characters from the story mode. Budget season is bit of a stretch though.

Village

From my understanding the creation of 3D model is pretty expensive and animation not so much. So Capcom is definitely saving some money by using characters from the story mode. Budget season is bit of a stretch though.

I can tell you from first hand experience, modeling and rigging take up quite a bit of time. And for movies, there are teams of people working not on whole bodies, but parts.

Blueblur1

Azam, maybe?

Even then, it's not like they'd be saving a whole lot by having models in the game right now for maybe three characters. There's still the issue of having normal moves, specials, CAs, etc. That shit doesn't exist right now.

Also, the WSO boys said there is no announcement tonight. See you guys tomorrow or Thursday then.

Or Friday. :-D

Mr. X

The story mode models aren't detailed enough to transplant into being playable. They are maybe 1/4 or less of the size of a playable character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom