• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

giphy.gif
That's literally a rushed out DLC move, lol.
The animation in this game doesn't get the attention it deserves.
SFV's animation, art design and sound design don't get near as much love as it should. I think this OST is right up there in elite SF status.

SFV's animation, art design and sound design don't get near as much love as it should. I think this OST is right up there in elite SF status.

Yea the OST in this game is great. I really like how varied the themes are. From Brazil's theme stage to Rashid's theme to Kolin's theme to Ed's theme. Even the themes that are misses for me I still appreciate for the attempt tbh (Juri's theme)

jett

D-Member
Best in class.

Honestly think this is one of the best looking fighters out there. Especially with the newer stages.

Best in class for sure, and just flat out some of the best animation among the entire industry.

SFV introducing purchasable taunts

Mika now has the twerking taunt $5.99

*Capcom announces record profits in FY 2017!*

That's literally a rushed out DLC move, lol.

Sound design is really fantastic. It always feels so good when you land a crush counter.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Best in class.

Honestly think this is one of the best looking fighters out there. Especially with the newer stages.
I don't play any other fighters so I don't want to talk shit about them but I was watching The Recipe where they played Injustice 2 and it was literally disgusting to me how that game moves. Killer Instinct looks almost as bad, not to mention the hideous overall aesthetic. I even think Tekken 7 looks pretty stupid in motion but that's probably more subjective. I'm sure it looks and feels right to longtime Tekken players.

SF5 is such an excellent looking game in most ways (with a few major missteps) that it surprises me that people aren't more drawn to it.

JusDoIt

I don't play any other fighters so I don't want to talk shit about them but I was watching The Recipe where they played Injustice 2 and it was literally disgusting to me how that game moves. Killer Instinct looks almost as bad, not to mention the hideous overall aesthetic. I even think Tekken 7 looks pretty stupid in motion but that's probably more subjective. I'm sure it looks and feels right to longtime Tekken players.

SF5 is such an excellent looking game in most ways (with a few major missteps) that it surprises me that people aren't more drawn to it.

Current fighting games ranked by aesthetics according to science:

1. Dragonball FighterZ
2. GGXrd: Rev 2
3. SFV
4. Tekken 7
5. Ultra Street Fighter II (CPS2 mode)
6. ARMS
7. Injustice 2
8. KOF XIV
9. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
10. Killer Instinct
99. Ultra Street Fighter II (HDR mode)

Skilletor

Yeah, T7 looks silly in motion because all of the movement animation is cancelled into something else and gives it a super janky look. Everybody seems really happy with how that game looks, but with all the customization and shit added, I think it looks awful.

Pretty much agree with KI and IJ2, although I am enjoying actually playing IJ2 because everything loads snappy and the netcode is amazing.

T7, tho?

Like...seriously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-SFfhU8MYI

What is this? Not only does it look horrible, but it makes reading moves nearly impossible. I hate this shit.

I think T7 gets way too much praise as a package. Gameplay is super legit, but a lot of the things surrounding it are really annoying.

30 bucks for two characters.

Great value. lol.

We celebrating adding game modes in a season pass now. hahahahaha!

You're here celebrating spending money on multiple things you have zero clue about and they have not given even given a timeline for.

And? The game has been out on arcades for two years and releasing on consoles and PC with 36 characters.

And Bamco isn't promising when the content is coming meanwhile Capcom failed in delivering in the road map.

jett

D-Member

The animation in Tekken has never looked great imo. Virtua Fighter 5 is 11 years old and I think it animates more smoothly than Tekken 7.

Skilletor

And? The game has been out on arcades for two years and releasing on consoles and PC with 36 characters.

And Bamco isn't promising when the content is coming meanwhile Capcom failed in delivering in the road map.

Cool. Glad you're happy to be paying for additional modes that should have been at launch on a two years after the fact console port. Go ahead and rejoice knowing jack shit about what you've bought, when it's going to come out, and what it will contain.

You can go ahead and lambaste Capcom all you want, but it's a bit hypocritical to be celebrating knowing nothing about how you've spent your money in another game.

Lulubop

I Don't even understand why you still post here or even play the game when you despise it, , but clearly you can't stop making bad decisions.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The content fight between SFV and T7 is basically a shitshow anyway. Both are severely lacking in certain areas.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to sit through a loading screen everytime you start a match in a lobby. Even if it's the same 2 players.
Even the rematch has a weird loading screen for some reason. Same stage, same characters but you get one inbetween. And there's only one rematch when it should be bo3. They could really bring the play-to-wait ratio up with a few simple changes to that part.

Skilletor

Load times aren't too bad on PC. They're really that much of a problem on consoles?

Unless you do that load mod, which most people don't, load times from accepting a match to match starting are at least 70 seconds.

In lobbies, that's 70 seconds of waiting after every single match.

It's a bit worse on consoles.

Moaradin

Unless you do that load mod, which most people don't, load times from accepting a match to match starting are at least 70 seconds.

In lobbies, that's 70 seconds of waiting after every single match.

It's a bit worse on consoles.

Wait, on PC? I certainly don't load for 70 seconds when I play with my friends. It's more like 15 seconds.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Could you record the 15 seconds? I really can't believe that one.

edit: Moaradin, which character do you play? I want to compare with another Karin main lol
I'm using Leo right now.

Skilletor

Maybe Moardin means JUST the load, while I'm talking about the necessity of going back to the lobby, readying up, waiting for character select screen to load, selecting stage, then waiting for the game to load after every. single. match.

Harada, BoX options and rematch, plz.

Blueblur1

Street fighter character lore question

I know everyone's talking about content, but I wanna talk about series lore.

Ahem, how many characters do and don't have last names. Because its odd some characters, have whole names like Mika nanaka, and Ken Masters , and cody travers.

but then there sagat, who's just... sagat. ( though apparently he's based on a real guy named sagat, so sagat might be his last name ) , or balrog. Who are just... them.

What's the count on full name, to no full name? Guile's last name because of the movie might be williams apparently?

Speaking of lore, why are Ken's teeth yellow!? He's rich! That fool should have pearly whites! Teeth whitening every year!

MrCarter

Yeah and they still released it barebones compared to T6/TT2. There was no official "roadmap" for SFV this year either. Speaking of which, I thought you stopped playing and don't care anyway?

The animation in Tekken has never looked great imo. Virtua Fighter 5 is 11 years old and I think it animates more smoothly than Tekken 7.

The fact that they reuse animations from the 90's speaks volumes.

Moaradin

edit: Moaradin, which character do you play? I want to compare with another Karin main lol
I'm using Leo right now.

Haven't boot up the game in a bit but I swear it was around that. Me and the guy I usually play with both have SSDs though, so I'm not sure if it helps when both players have one.

First character I "learned" was Asuka, but I was trying to get into King before I took a break from the game.

edit: and yeah, I mean just the load. Not the character select process and all that.

Blueblur1

Load times aren't too bad on PC. They're really that much of a problem on consoles?

Stock PS4 loading is pretty bad from what I've seen. My Pro - with a 7200 RPM HDD installed - definitely loads faster. I have Boost mode enabled too, which may or may not be helping. When I get matched up with a PC player the transition from VS screen to the match is super fast; I think about 4 seconds.

I shouldn't have bought he season pass. We get screwed over with the promise getting dlc characters that gets delayed. We are so stupid. I didn't need this because I had more than enough FM after getting the characters for free last year.

Meanwhile the CPT bundle seems more worth he value as you get costumes, stage and fight money that by the time the next character is released, you have enough FM to buy the new character.

Meanwhile Tekken 7 season pass. New characters, stages, costumes and game mode.
Are you actually suggesting that T7's SP is a good value?

Now i know for a fact that the complaining is a Capcom-only thing. T7 had many of SFV's problems yet nobody complained or just said "at least it's not SHIT fighter five LOL".

I remember when people starting blaming Capcom for making fighter costume DLC a thing, but now they're accepting PAID GAME MODES with open arms.

Skilletor

Are you actually suggesting that T7's SP is a good value?

Now i know for a fact that the complaining is a Capcom-only thing. T7 had many of SFV's problems yet nobody complained or just said "at least it's not SHIT fighter five LOL".

I remember when people starting blaming Capcom for making fighter costume DLC a thing, but now they're accepting PAID GAME MODES with open arms.

Imagine if Capcom said Arcade mode was going to be part of the third season pass. lmao

Neoxon

Just a thought that occurred to me, what if the input delay is also a UE4 issue for PS4 like what's being theorized for the loading times? I believe others mentioned how V-Sync added input delay on the PS4 versions of games, but Tekken 7 & MvCI all had comperable input delay to SFV (& the two did better on Xbox One, where V-Sync was turned off).

kirblar

Just a thought that occurred to me, what if the input delay is also a UE4 issue for PS4? I believe others mentioned how V-Sync added input delay on the PS4 versions of games, but Tekken 7 & MvCI all had comperable input delay to SFV (& the two did better on Xbox One, where V-Sync was turned off).
You're a bit LTTP on this one lol, it's pretty clearly an issue w/ that engine/platform combo.

The problem with tekken's animation is moreso how there's a bunch of legacy stuff mixed in with newer stuff.
It's extremely apparent when you see stuff like the mishima no-spine-spinning kicks while completely new characters like kazumi animate beautifully.

Neoxon

You're a bit LTTP on this one lol, it's pretty clearly an issue w/ that engine/platform combo.
In retrospect, maybe Capcom should have used the RE Engine (or MT Framework if the RE Engine wasn't ready at the time) for their fighting games.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah and it sucks, because almost every fighting game uses it and PS4 is the dominant platform. I really hope people at Epic or whatever are working on improving this or atleast assist these developers on bringing it down.

JusDoIt

Just a thought that occurred to me, what if the input delay is also a UE4 issue for PS4 like what's being theorized for the loading times? I believe others mentioned how V-Sync added input delay on the PS4 versions of games, but Tekken 7 & MvCI all had comperable input delay to SFV (& the two did better on Xbox One, where V-Sync was turned off).

DBFZ is the ultimate litmus test. That's UE4. If that has input lag on PS4 closer to SFV (5.3 frames according to Noodalls, 6 frames according to DisplayLag) than Xrd (3.5 frames Noodalls, 4.2 frames DisplayLag) it's definitely UE4.

Neoxon

DBFZ is the ultimate litmus test. That's UE4. If that has input lag on PS4 closer to SFV (5.3 frames according to Noodalls, 6 frames according to DisplayLag) than Xrd (3.5 frames Noodalls, 4.2 frames DisplayLag) it's definitely UE4.
And the best part is that we may not have to wait until next year to find out.

But yeah, hopefully Epic steps in to help out if this is indeed a UE4 problem.

Shadoken

Isnt DBZ using same engine as Xrd?

Edit : Nvm , Xrd is using UE3 and DBZ is gonna change to UE4.

Top Bottom