• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Since Capcom has the hooks in the game to send notifications about current tournaments and stuff, I think it would be cool if they put links to winners' CFN profiles or latest replays or something. They could also have a portal to interviews with top players or even create some light tutorial content from CPT event winners.

If the esports initiative is going as well as as it seems to be, they should integrate it into the game more.

They should just have an option to stream tournaments in game like CSGO and earn FM for watching.

It could cause problems with the game disconnects from CFN and interrupts the match.

Didn't realize Toronto did their Red Bull event last weekend. Grats on qualifying for the top 3, CountBlack.

I wasn't able to qualify for Montreal's top 3 this time, but it's for the best since my skill at the game is stagnating and declining. Hope my team makes it further than we did last time.

Thanks, I'm not sure why they did it last week but yea. I tied for 1st with Solomon since Orangeman couldn't make it & LES didn't go to the 2nd one.

Mr. X

They should just have an option to stream tournaments in game like CSGO and earn FM for watching.

It could cause problems with the game disconnects from CFN and interrupts the match.
Imagine the salt if the venue internet goes down and the game stutters or boots you into the main menu?

It's a good idea in theory but the costs REALLY outweigh the benefits. Better option would be a tournament mode where every single fight's replay is saved and uploaded after it's completely done. That way people can download and view the replays at their own setup, complete with frame-by-frames and input data.

Take dota 2 for example. There are 10 different viewpoints occurring simultaneously so watching a replay is a very worthwhile thing if you wanna learn a hero or a particular style of play or technique or something. But in fighting games, the spectators and the players have the exact same POV so everybody is following along as it's happening, exactly as the players see it.

MrCarter

They did have a system where you can obtain extra FM by completing specific stream-related quests, like watching for an hour or retweeting things from the Capcom Fighters Twitter account.

http://live.capcomprotour.com/

12_awards01.jpg

For some reason they have stopped it recently. Ideally they should bring it back and implement it in the game, then again, it’s probably easier doing this on mobile/tablet.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's a good idea in theory but the costs REALLY outweigh the benefits. Better option would be a tournament mode where every single fight's replay is saved and uploaded after it's completely done. That way people can download and view the replays at their own setup, complete with frame-by-frames and input data.

Take dota 2 for example. There are 10 different viewpoints occurring simultaneously so watching a replay is a very worthwhile thing if you wanna learn a hero or a particular style of play or technique or something. But in fighting games, the spectators and the players have the exact same POV so everybody is following along as it's happening, exactly as the players see it.

That would be super cool but currently the monetization for watching/rewatching tournaments is all on YouTube and Twitch, right? Capcom would need to do more than the bare minimum to implement the system and monetize it, even though it's simpler than the DOTA system.

This is how close the race is going into the final event that awards points(to more than 1 person), Canada Cup. Unless these guys are betting on winning their regional LCQ(and then the actual Regional Finals) or the Capcom Cup LCQ, they have to go to Canada Cup to earn enough points to get into Capcom Cup or to prevent others from knocking them out of Capcom Cup.

Honestly I think Luffy, Go1, and Sako will make it in the end. But it's possible for a combination of finishes to knockout all those. And who knows, maybe Infiltration will have another breakthrough performance this year and jump all those guys with a Canada Cup victory.

MCD250

Wondering what characters will see most people who main them switch to the new V-Triggers and which ones will mostly stick with the old ones. Like for instance, I kinda have a hard time seeing Necalli mains not keeping the original, unless the new one is some absolutely insane bullshit (which I guess is not impossiblf given that it's...Necalli). He gains way too much from it right now.

Though I suppose there's also the possibility that current V-Triggers will nerfed/buffed in unexpected ways.

Lulubop

This is how close the race is going into the final event that awards points(to more than 1 person), Canada Cup. Unless these guys are betting on winning their regional LCQ(and then the actual Regional Finals) or the Capcom Cup LCQ, they have to go to Canada Cup to earn enough points to get into Capcom Cup or to prevent others from knocking them out of Capcom Cup.

Honestly I think Luffy, Go1, and Sako will make it in the end. But it's possible for a combination of finishes to knockout all those. And who knows, maybe Infiltration will have another breakthrough performance this year to and jump all those guys with a Canada Cup victory.

I really want Yaoi Strider in there

Pompadour

I really hope the VT2s are a little more interesting than some of the ones we've seen. It seems like Chun and Ken's VT2 is literally old supers. I hope it's more complex than that otherwise they'll just be low rent CA2s.

Even with Balrog whose VT is based on his SF2 super they got clever with it. Right now the only reason I can think of them doing it like this is for SF4 style super + ultra combos.

Lulubop

Wondering what characters will see most people who main them switch to the new V-Triggers and which ones will mostly stick with the old ones. Like for instance, I kinda have a hard time seeing Necalli mains not keeping the original, unless the new one is some absolutely insane bullshit (which I guess is not impossiblf given that it's...Necalli). He gains way too much from it right now.

Though I suppose there's also the possibility that current V-Triggers will nerfed/buffed in unexpected ways.

it's not like they're going to leave current V-Triggers untouched

I hope that if we get new v-skills, they aren't tied to the v-triggers.

Same here, it would be dumb IMO because it's not like most if not all these V-Skills are a reflection of the current V Trigger they're paired with right now. Still crossing my fingers for a Ryu donkey kick as a V Skill because I know it's not coming in the form of a special.

I hope that if we get new v-skills, they aren't tied to the v-triggers.

I agree but can you imagine if the whole v-system was updated and separate?

With the stages, characters, outfits and colors, It'll be like filling out an online application before the match begins.

Surfside

Banned
Same here, it would be dumb IMO because it's like most if not all these V-Skills are a reflection of the current V Trigger they're paired with right now. Still crossing my fingers for a Ryu donkey kick as a V Skill because I know it's not coming in the form of a special.

Yeah but in Chun's case, i wouldn't know how her V-Skill is tied to her Trigger. I think they designed it, with instant air legs in mind. But as they nerved her they forgot to upgrade it. Make it less floaty and stuff. So i really hope we get new ones that we can freely assign.

I agree but can you imagine if the whole v-system was updated and separate?

With the stages, characters, outfits and colors, It'll be like filling out an online application before the match begins.

Yeah but most could be preconfigured in the battle settings. And moar choices are awesome.

Thinking know, i kinda hope they improve the current V-Triggers and V-Skills. Those that need it, anyway.
Then let us freely mix and match. Would certainly lead to more upsets. And that's kinda their mojo isn't it.

Teh Lurv

I decided to hop back into Ranked this afternoon to see if I could improve my standing. After a couple of back and forth matches, I hit on a 10 game win-streak and finally pushed myself over into Ultra Silver.

Lag switcher, Jongod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqICYEhGR7M&feature=youtu.be

Going right back to Tekken once the CPT challenge is completed.

Reason i rarely play rank, just battle lounge or casuals...

Last time i played rank my match looked just like your video, played 5 straight games of lag free casuals winning all of them, switch to rank and i get lag from hell and the flag was USA...Arcade Edition needs a new netcode badly..

Yeah but in Chun's case, i wouldn't know how her V-Skill is tied to her Trigger. I think they designed it, with instant air legs in mind. But as they nerved her they forgot to upgrade it. Make it less floaty and stuff. So i really hope we get new ones that we can freely assign

I made a mistake, I meant to say "it's not like" instead of "it's like" when talking about how most V-Skills aren't a reflection of their V Trigger. So I'm saying they shouldn't be tied together because most if not all these V Skills don't have characteristics of the V Trigger.

Like I don't see the connection between Ryu's parry and his hands becoming electrified. So if he were to gain another V Skill then Capcom should allow him to pair up the different V skills and V Triggers. And the same goes for everybody else.

Surfside

Banned
I decided to hop back into Ranked this afternoon to see if I could improve my standing. After a couple of back and forth matches, I hit on a 10 game win-streak and finally pushed myself over into Ultra Silver.

Gratulations on your rank up. Now you will be matched against gold players, or not?

I made a mistake, I meant to say "it's not like" instead of "it's like" when talking about how most V-Skills aren't a reflection of their V Trigger. So I'm saying they shouldn't be tied together because most if not all these V Skills don't have characteristics of the V Trigger.

Like I don't see the connection between Ryu's parry and his hands becoming electrified. So if he were to gain another V Skill then Capcom should allow him to pair up the different V skills and V Triggers. And the same goes for everybody else.

Ah ok gotcha. I agree with you. Let's just hope Capcom sees it the same way, should they include new skills.

DunpealD

I bet a lot of the secondary V-Trigger are based around Ultras and Omega stuff.

Since Dictators V-Trigger seems to be Psycho Crusher, maybe there is a chance that it's going to be his invincible reversal.

You just have to look deeper. The connection is that both are shit.
If there isn't a mix and match V-System, then I expect them to do at least do some reworking. Like parry being paired up with V-Trigger 2, while V-Trigger 1 gets something new.

Teh Lurv

Lag switcher, Jongod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqICYEhGR7M&feature=youtu.be

Going right back to Tekken once the CPT challenge is completed.

I wish this game more details on the quality of the connection before you accept a match. Early this afternoon despite my setting Ranked match search for 5-bar only, I fought a Silver Ken whose connection was all over the place. This guy had it all: slowdown, roll-backs, and frame skipping. The guy played horribly, but the connection let him get away with so much crap. I eventually beat the guy in 3 rounds by turtling and had to sit for a full minute at the win screen before I could even quit the match.

About two hours later I was matched up with the guy again, only this time he was Super Silver on the cusp of Ultra Silver. I beat him again using the same strategy and took a took a look at his Ranked record. A long string of one-match wins. I imagine most of his opponents took the L and quit in frustration.

That really got me salty: I'm working to improve and get to Ultra Silver and this guy is coasting there because his connection blows.

Surfside

Banned
Everytime I see Ryu or Ken's stupid face in a ranked match I know I'm in for hell.

What?! Everyone loves to fight Kens. Such an honest, extremely hardworking character, with no bullshit up his sleeves. For real :p

I mean they are just so straightforward in their approach. If you don't get baited into their tatsumaki or V-Skill and touch them just a little bit, they will yolo all day. The real shit only starts when they go for the throw loops. That's when you know you're fucked.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Everytime I see Ryu or Ken's stupid face in a ranked match I know I'm in for hell.
Maybe don't play Street Fighter if you can't handle the characters who are literally Street Fighter.

Unless your complaint is that you ONLY see their faces in which case yeah that's a bummer.

What's up with this noise Ken is making when I hit him in training mode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzSVuZK0Xdg&feature=youtu.be
Are you sure that's not Guile's voice? I wouldn't know for sure whether he sometimes grunts with medium punch but I'm pretty sure I don't hear that sound coming out of Ken.

I mean, I assume you've done it a bunch of times and it coincides with the hit so I don't know what to tell you.

jett

D-Member
Maybe don't play Street Fighter if you can't handle the characters who are literally Street Fighter.

Unless your complaint is that you ONLY see their faces in which case yeah that's a bummer.

Are you sure that's not Guile's voice? I wouldn't know for sure whether he sometimes grunts with medium punch but I'm pretty sure I don't hear that sound coming out of Ken.

I mean, I assume you've done it a bunch of times and it coincides with the hit so I don't know what to tell you.

It's definitely English Ken.

Top Bottom