• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Finally done extreme survival.

Took two shots, the first of which got up to round 94 before I got okie doked by Ken of course. I knew the mode was trash but man it's kinda sad that it hasn't even been updated to include DLC characters so it's just extra repetitive and garbage. Pretty much everything about it needs a serious revamp, moreso than any other mode needs.

It really makes me wonder what will become of it come AE.

Rymuth

Yeah that Ken from stage 94 was a dick. Killed me the first time.

Second try, I lucked out with a Casual Match request which reset the fight for me.

So you have Guile, Balrog, Dhalsim, Zangief, Vega, Cammy, & Chun-Li (nobody should deny Laura Bailey if she's an option for a character's VA) on Japanese?

........Bruh
Guile is worth it for the "NANI?" during a missed throw.

No excuse for Balrog, ENG is better.

Dhalsim can work either way.

Same for Gief.

Vega's english voice is better.

Cammy and Birdie are two characters that SHOULD be played in English damn it.

Chun-Li's JP voice is better, he made the right call there.

Edzi

Guile is worth it for the "NANI?" during a missed throw.

No excuse for Balrog, ENG is better.

Dhalsim can work either way.

Same for Gief.

Vega's english voice is better.

Cammy and Birdie are two characters that SHOULD be played in English damn it.

Chun-Li's JP voice is better, he made the right call there.

SASUGA FANG PLAYER

Of course you'd have bad taste here too. Rog is Japanese or English, both are good. Japanse has that hilarious laugh thing. Vega's English voice sucks. I bet you play FANG in English too.

I bet you play FANG in English too.
Well yeah.

But that's mostly because I decide to switch over to Japanese and forget and go into a match.

They're both good though. His Japanese voice is more wacky while his english voice is more "threatening". Or you know, as threatening a character like that can be.

Also sorry, I don't speak weeb so you'll have to explain that first part.

Edzi

Well yeah.

But that's mostly because I decide to switch over to Japanese and forget and go into a match.

They're both good though. His Japanese voice is more wacky while his english voice is more "threatening". Or you know, as threatening a character like that can be.

Also sorry, I don't speak weeb so you'll have to explain that first part.

Did you mean that the other way around? English is way more goofy sounding to me.

They're both goofy. Guess it's just a matter of personal taste after that point.

They both did a terrific job in their own right though. It's not an Ibuki situation where one makes me want to stab my ears and the other is bearable.

kikiribu

Did you mean that the other way around? English is way more goofy sounding to me.
That’s probably because most of the people in this thread aren’t native Japanese speakers and don’t really know how goofy the lines sound (and are delivered) in that language too.

I may not agree with lucebuce avatar choices but I’ll have to agree that they’re both goofy, which I expect from all fighting games in general, really.

RM8

I speak English and Japanese, but I'm not a native speaker, so I don't feel either one sounds goofier than the other (English-y pronunciation of Japanese words bothers me, though, while I'm okay with the opposite). Now, I remember setting Mortal Kombat X to Spanish and nope-ing back to English immediately, lol. Voice acting in fighting games is dumb, period.

SF should go Tekken and have characters speak their native languages to be honest.

Kashiwaba

INSIGNIFEECANT

Your display picture is basically this

C6BE84lXEAAVG2Z

kirblar

Kira thinks the original EX01 colors are going to be available to PS4 players in the near future. I wonder if they'll expand them to the Season Pass characters as well.

Kira thinks the original EX01 colors are going to be available to PS4 players in the near future. I wonder if they'll expand them to the Season Pass characters as well.

Would not be surprised if they're also released for all the DLC characters too.

But I think they'll probably be much more expensive FM wise, since a lot of them are really really good.

You need to brush up on your Yakuza if you think that series is weeb.

It would certainly make sense that new V-skills and CAs fall under the "more announcements to come" part. It's certainly a big deal and will get more attention going as we get closer to the release of AE.

New V-skills most certainly sounds possible as depending on the utility provided by the V-Triggers, some v-skills might be either too good or too useless. Plus remember that the new season will have it's own balance changes so who know what will happen. They might even give a new v-skill to an existing trigger for a character and give the old one to a new V-Trigger. For some characters, a new V-skill + V-Trigger pretty much makes them a different character altogether.

New CAs are personally something I'd be surprised to see but I won't complain about more options.

God I hope Capcpom doesn't fuck this up somehow.

Marvel

could never
I'd be over the damn moon if we got new v-skills and CA's too. Seriously.

Already extremely happy and excited about the new triggers.

I would imagine alternate CAs and V-Skills would be roped into the V-Trigger select, otherwise things might get a bit granular in choice. I'd love a more tackle-oriented Urien with a Tyrant Slaughter CA.

It could also feed into that screenshot of what seems like Ryu doing a focus attack. One style would be parries, the other focus.

kikiribu

If true, why would Capcom leave that out of the Arcade Edition trailer? Way to make it look like an incomplete package..

Here’s hoping this means there’s a new trailer coming with actual footage of the new content/confirmation of new CAs and VSkills

Gief’s CA has bothered me since his reveal trailer, and so has Juri’s

If true, why would Capcom leave that out of the Arcade Edition trailer? Way to make it look like an incomplete package..

Here’s hoping this means there’s a new trailer coming with actual footage of the new content/confirmation of new CAs and VSkills

Gief’s CA has bothered me since his reveal trailer, and so has Juri’s

Because they'd have two to three months of stretched marketing content and potential hype tbh.

Sayad

Ultra SFIV reveal trailer had nothing about Red Focus, delayed wake up and the ability to pick both U1 and U2 at the same time, which were the 3 biggest gameplay changes. It also didn't mention Omega Mode.

I would imagine alternate CAs and V-Skills would be roped into the V-Trigger select, otherwise things might get a bit granular in choice. I'd love a more tackle-oriented Urien with a Tyrant Slaughter CA.

It could also feed into that screenshot of what seems like Ryu doing a focus attack. One style would be parries, the other focus.
It would suck if v-skills, CAs and v-triggers were locked just by number. I'd rather have the freedom to choose any combination of v-trigger, CA, V-skills, etc.

Some characters have decent or amazing v-triggers and need a good v-skill to shore them up. For all we know Alex could get the best v-skill in AE, but a garbage v-trigger that is tied with it. No thanks to that. I wanna keep my parries, have my cake and eat it too.

Scotia

Banned
I could see Capcom holding off on announcing new CAs and V-Skills as some sort of like 'Wait, there's more!' hype thing.

If they do add new v-skills and CAs as well that will be amazing. I might find some other people in the cast more fun to play as then. WIll add a lot more veriety as well, even when fighting the same charcter.

Very much looking forward to this update now. Still not been playing for a while now but at the very latest I will be jumping back in when this drops.

Ultra SFIV reveal trailer had nothing about Red Focus, delayed wake up and the ability to pick both U1 and U2 at the same time, which were the 3 biggest gameplay changes. It also didn't mention Omega Mode.
Omega came out over 6 months after Ultra. You're right on the other 3 though, which do leave a bit of hope for more changes coming.

I wonder what's Urien's VT 2 because there is no way in hell would anyone give up Aegis Reflector.

And I don't think Bison players would give up on teleporting

I also want them to give everybody one or two new regular moves.
Not everyone needs new moves. Some characters have already gotten stuff on top of being strong while others remain sorely lacking. New moves for the sake of new moves is how you end up with Necalli's CC charged overhead and Cammy's janky ass air throw. Chun is kinda meh, so she could use some love and Ryu/Alex are top candidates for characters needing certain legacy specials (or even command normals). Nash could also definitely use something.

Small change I hope they do for AE is bring back character and stage select in Ranked/Casual

I'm a bit iffy on this tbh. The system as it stands is fairly good, they just fucked it up by having that "new challenger" screen stay on the screen for about 50 seconds before the actual loading starts. Adding character select would add unnecessary time to that. If you could keep the loading screens and transitions as brief as humanly possible then sure but I don't trust Capcpom to do that.

The only situation where I would be in favour of adding that to ranked/casual is if they implemented a KI/IJ2 esque forced FT2 or forced FT3 system for ranked. In that manner, having the option to go to character select after losing a match would be much appreciated (even KI and IJ2 don't have that btw but still). As it stands with the whole "each match being it's own thing" system that they have, it's not worth it.

There are however two additions I do want. A random system for characters where you specify which characters are in the random pool (just like stages) allowing you to get any of the multiple characters you want to play as without having to go to character select and making that choice.

The second addition is the ability to have a separate character choice(s) for Casual and Ranked. Basically this would allow me to have FANG or Birdie as the character of choice for ranked while I pick Kolin and Birdie for Casuals.

Small change I hope they do for AE is bring back character and stage select in Ranked/Casual
Loading already makes ranked/casual matches take too long as it is. The last thing we need is another minute of loading just for people who will wait until the timer counts down to zero on character and stage select.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Loading already makes ranked/casual matches take too long as it is. The last thing we need is another minute of loading just for people who will wait until the timer reaches zero on character and stage select.
Yeah fuck that forever. So many people apparently need to think about their selections for 20 seconds when given the opportunity and I don't need that time taken from me.

Top Bottom