• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Colombo

I am so excited for this. When the announcement came about it being PS4 exclusive, I immediately knew I had to buy one. I just hope I can be very good at it, because although it's amongst my favourite franchises, I haven't been really good since Turbo!

nded

Maybe Birdie started a band with those punks in the background. His Alpha stance always looked like he was playing a guitar.

I don't get the "why add X he/she is so bland" complaints

Look at Chun Nash and Dictator, their movesets are revamped big time, you guys think Cammy/Birdie will just have their SF4/Alpha stuff and that's it?

fader

Look at Chun Nash and Dictator, their movesets are revamped big time, you guys think Cammy/Birdie will just have their SF4/Alpha stuff and that's it?

people will always complain.

People will say "ohhh screw that character" then when they show footage of the character "aw man he/she looks fun!"

Dai101

Banned

Probably since SF4 could have been renamed to just SSF2T: The new and newest Challengers people are dubious and i can't blame them.

Then again what little have been showed has me impresed, just hope they go for a more varied cast, even if that means i won't see The Red Cyclone (at least at launch, ecause, it's capcpom we're talking about)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
So is there any word on Crimson Viper and Poison being included in SFV? Hoping for at least one of them, since they are my 2 mains.

So is there any word on Crimson Viper and Poison being included in SFV? Hoping for at least one of them, since they are my 2 mains.
I don't think there has been an official word on anyone. Some rumors are heavier than others, but no real teases of the official type that directly point to someone.

Except Birdie.

Raiku

Cammy? ok.... But when's Juli??

latest

Cammy...Birdie?

Who the fuck asked for those pieces of shit?!?!

So under hyped now for E3 reveal of them. Could give a fuck less.
I don't mind cammy, she's pretty popular too. Birdie can suck the cox though -_-

He's so uninteresting to me with his punk look and chains.

And WHERE THE FOOK IS KEN?

So do vets think this game will be more complex or about the same as 4?

I'm in the more so camp from what I've seen. More aggressive options seemingly thanks to the V-gauge stuff. 4's focus mechanic being gone makes me feel like people will have to play a bit more honest.

Can never be sure though, who knows what will get changed between now and release.

stn

If Cammy is in I hope she is based on safe cannon drills and hooligan mix-ups. Day one main if yes.

Am I seeing chain combos in these videos? Any word on if 5 will be link heavy like 4?

I assume the chains you're referring to are the target combos. They're good for damage but don't lead to anything. I don't think you can cancel into specials or critical art. As for links, from the looks of it their are still plenty of links but they're suppose to be easier. A lot of people think this means their is a input buffer like the one in USF4's Omega mode. Hitting links in Omega mode is very easy if you put some time into learning the timing of these combos. SF5 links will be a piece of cake if it's like Omega mode.

Also, he's way more interesting than Birdie, who looks like a generic mob from any random 90's beatemup.

In what universe does Ken, a.k.a. player 2 karate man, look "more interesting" than a man with a hole in his hair? Birdie's shoes are more interesting than Ken's entire family.

Now, having said that, I wouldn't mind Mel being in, too...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I think it's officially set after IV but before Third Strike.

I've only played 3rd Strike on Dreamcast then moved onto Vanilla IV for this series.

Since the characters look so young in the Alpha art am I correct in guessing this as the time line:

Alpha 1/2/3 > SF1 > SF2 > SFIV > 3rd Strike?

Where do the Ex games fit in assuming they are canon?

ElFly

I've only played 3rd Strike on Dreamcast then moved onto Vanilla IV for this series.

Since the characters look so young in the Alpha art am I correct in guessing this as the time line:

1 precedes alpha.

Xux

It's

SF > Alpha 2 > Alpha 3 > SF2 > SF4 > Second Impact > Third Strike.

Ex isn't canon but I'd assume it'd be after SF2.

Ken is OG. He's the face of Street Fighter, along with Ryu. He's been in every major SF release on day one. He's going to be in the game.

Also, he's way more interesting than Birdie, who looks like a generic mob from any random 90's beatemup.

Oh, I am definitely a Ken fan and I hope to see him back as well, but as far as looks go, Ken is the epitome of generic design or appearances despite his interesting character.

Top Bottom