• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I just want to see a variety in character design. I don't even care if any of my mains make it. I'll learn Birdie. Just reign in the shoto count.

yurinka

How many characters are they aiming for in the initial roster?
16, according to the original leak that guessed many other things. But I think we can add a couple more being secret/boss characters.

Plus a fuckton more coming through future DLC and updates.

Flowmoney

Where is Adult Sakura(Jogging suit) , Karin and Ingrid?

I said this before but the best three street fighter characters deserve to be in the intial roster , I am sure we all can agree.

GorillaJu

Hoping for Juri, Sakura, Ibuki, Poison, R Mika, Ingrid, C Viper, Karin, Pallum, and 2 cute new (pref Japanese, high school) characters for the last 12 spots.
3AQmK.gif

VariantX

Doubt it.

Capcom got major heat for introducing Cammy-lookalike Decapre.

Nah, it was because they drug out the character announcement for months longer than they should have instead of just announcing her soon after the others that came from SFxT. It didn't help matters when Ono was like "only a handful of people guessed it" when people were guessing Decapre left and right.

lol exactly, Ken is a waste of slot of the initial roster.

Oh, I am definitely a Ken fan and I hope to see him back as well, but as far as looks go, Ken is the epitome of generic design or appearances despite his interesting character.
Ken is generic but Ryu isn't? And didn't Ken give him that headband?

Alpha Ken with hair down his back and his red hair tie, with eyebrows that defy logic is hardly generic to me.

Also, Birdie isn't the worse, just more interesting alpha characters IMO.

Dali

Hope this will be the sf where we see Remy's return. So far Charlie's style looks nothing like him especially if he's now a qcf projectile guy. Guile doesn't have low sonic booms and even if he's similar that doesn't ever stop them from having 8 shotos. They need to bring Remy back dammit.

Ken is generic but Ryu isn't? And didn't Ken give him that headband?

Alpha Ken with hair down his back and his red hair tie, with eyebrows that defy logic is hardly generic to me.

Also, Birdie isn't the worse, just more interesting alpha characters IMO.

Ryu is a little more generic by todays standards, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game. They are great characters and have legendary fighting styles. What I mostly mean by generic is the karate gi is probably one of the most basic and common forms of attire in fighting games at least to my experience. Nothing wrong with that though. Ryu and Ken are synonymous with Street Fighter like Scorpion and SubZero in Mortal Kombat, so I believe Ken will be there in some, way, shape or form.

Skab

Hope this will be the sf where we see Remy's return. So far Charlie's style looks nothing like him especially if he's now a qcf projectile guy. Guile doesn't have low sonic booms and even if he's similar that doesn't ever stop them from having 8 shotos. They need to bring Remy back dammit.

I doubt you will ever see Remy in a SF again.

Dali

I doubt you will ever see Remy in a SF again.
The fact you can machine gun makes Remy a huge step away from guile (huge step up). They need to either bring him back or give guile low booms and the ability to machine gun them.

stn

Remy sucks. Also, I'd like to see ponytail/Alpha Ken in this one. Not even a Ken main but he's a great character.

EDIT: Characters I don't want to see in this:

Twelve - generic and forgettable
Remy - I'd rather have Guile
Sean - he's cool but I'd rather have the other 3 shotos
Necro - Dhalsim is better in ever way
El Fuerte - more of a joke than Dan
Rufus - stupid design

I'm down for practically every other SF character.

Dali

Remy sucks. Also, I'd like to see ponytail/Alpha Ken in this one. Not even a Ken main but he's a great character.
Meet me online.

(I'll probably get destroyed but I'm booting up the 360 to unleash some Remy rage)

Edit: guile as he is would get murdered by Remy

Tizoc

Rufus - stupid design

How exactly is Twelve generic when he has his own unique playstyle?

Rufus - stupid design

SMH I'd rather have Sean.

I do agree with you on Remy and Necro, but tossing shade at Twelve for being generic is some ol bullshit

Rufus - stupid design

OG black Rufus with the Sho Nuff hands.

Boom, no need for Ken or Sean or Mel or any other Shotos, really.

Top Bottom