• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Are the sound issues as bad on 360 as on PS3? I don't think I want to play this game like this. I only played against opponents from the same country and it's a total mess...

vg260

My god at those alts...
I am afraid of how much they will all cost, but I think I shall buy all of them. I am only up to the Chun Li Maid costume and I have already decided that I need them all.

I wish Cammy's alts weren't so lame looking though. Cammy as King? Sure, any excuse to give a female character some dumb fucking cat ears. The other alt is better, but not by much.

EDIT: OH SHIT! Viking Hugo is my guy!

I would've loved if they had some way to enable the SFIV costumes if you had that DLC. Some of these are just too wacky and SFIV had so many great ones like Guile's uniform.

TGMIII

And players ar ok with it?!? Haven't checked to OT if it's discussed already but what happended? SSF4 netcode was perfectly fine and now this? Seriously, I'm pissed...

Personally it bothered me at the start but since we're going to have to give up smooth gameplay for sounds I seriously don't give a shit about the sound. For me this is the first game since SF4 from capcom that's had playable online so if they fuck it up after they patch it I won't be touching the game again.

Shito

I learned Poison basics and confirmed she was created for and for me only and none of you can have her. But then I lost online a lot. I would always do great with Poison and get bodied when needing a tag. I tired Hugo, King, a lot of Lili and nothing. Then I pick Rolento and just like that a lot of losses became a win streak.
Yeah, been playing a Poison - Lili team since I've got the game this past monday. I'm doing really well against scrubby players, moderately well against average players, but lord if I'm not getting beat down to a pulp against good players!
A good rushdown player is such a pain in the ass for Poison it's not even funny, but I won't drop the character; as a Makoto player in SF4 I know what it is to have to learn how to defend yourself. I even find Poison to be a little bit easier: at least her ex shoryu can prove useful at times, as a gtfo move.

They're both so cute on the winning screen that I can endure every loss in-between! <3

Personally it bothered me at the start but since we're going to have to give up smooth gameplay for sounds I seriously don't give a shit about the sound. For me this is the first game since SF4 from capcom that's had playable online so if they fuck it up after they patch it I won't be touching the game again.

SF4 was the last game I played as well, but what was wrong with SSF4 and MvC3. Looked smooth as hell to me from what I saw of it. But this: 80% of the time the sound effects are completely missing when playing online, which totally fucks up my timing.

vg260

I don't think losing sound to the extent that seems to be happening here is ever an acceptable loss. That's a necessary part of the experience, imo. Playing w/ no sound should only ever be optional. My feeling is they should not be using this "rollback" netcode (if that's what it's called) if current consoles can't hang. Save it for next gen if it's not ready for prime time.

Jenga

Banned
Abel's in a better spot than I thought, he seems to deal with Tekken characters pretty well. I'm interested in seeing what we'll see from him in the coming weeks. That tornado throw really fucks up those Tekken dudes that rushdown for free.

Played 50 matches already. Sound is bothering me constantly. It ruins natural flow of the battle. It messes with punch understanding. So it's awful. Also, gameplay is not so smooth. It still lags if opponent have a bad connection etc. SSFIV was smoother.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The hour or so i played online last night was almost exclusively with the sound glitched. Its super distracting.

TGMIII

I don't think losing sound to the extent that seems to be happening here is ever an acceptable loss. That's a necessary part of the experience, imo. Playing w/ no sound should only ever be optional. My feeling is they should not be using this "rollback" netcode (if that's what it's called) if current consoles can't hang. Save it for next gen if it's not ready for prime time.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, it's not, but I'm pretty fed up with shitty netcode in fighting games. My scene is tiny, I'm talking 2-4 serious players, so if I can't play online due to it lagging like crazy then I pretty much don't get to play the game much. Right now the online is pretty playable for where I am and for that I can deal with the sound issues but who knows maybe somehow they'll fix the sound without much of an impact to the gameplay online.

They won't

zlatko

Banned
So any Steve players here found a solid BnB to go to off of either his hook launch, or off of the Forward MP, Lp, flicker cancel?

I feel as if my experimenting with him on my own never gets me that far, and I'll just have to borrow someone elses work on finding a good combo.

Oh, and how's Bob in this game? I liked his trials, but not how he'd fair in a real fight.

Moofers

I don't get why more people aren't raising more of a serious fuss about the online sound. This is simply unacceptable practice! I love Tekken and SF as much as the next guy and I'm thrilled they're doing crossovers, but goddammit I paid $70 and this is what I get? Thats fucking bullshit.

Sound is a huge part of the game. Playing without it is pointless for me. Half the batttle is knowing when you've connected, missed, attack prep, etc.

What's up Capcom fans? Valve puts out two Left 4 Dead games in two years and there's talk of boycotts, outrage, etc. Capcom puts out 3 versions of SFIV, 2 versions of MvC3 in 8 months (the 1st can't even be upgraded), and now SFXT launches with this bullshit online problem?

I'm seriously ready to never buy anything Capcom again. Its out of control. People need to stop bending over for them; I don't care how much we love the characters and history of the company.

Two hours spent on Ken trial 13, still can't do it. Fuck it, I give.

Make sure you can do the chain portion into EX tatsu first.
You can tap it out pretty fast, like dial-a-***** from MK.
once you can do that, it's just a matter or prefacing it with a cr.lp, I think.

I had a major problem here too... until I got used to the "chain" mechanic with some practice... my brain/hand was not moving fast enough and was treating everything as a separate button press. Once I got my right hand used to doing the chain, I got it in 3 or 4 tries (as the first link isn't that difficult, IMO).

--

I love all the people in here who automatically assume that there's nothing wrong with *their* internet. All the connection issues are caused by the opponent's connection... :lol:

Anyone here has done Jin's 18th trial? how am I supposed to connect those first 4 for attacks? lol right after I connect the cr.MP and try to follow with the s.MP is already too late and the hit is blocked, and if by luck I connect that one then the third hit (cr.MK) gets always blocked.

I've seen a couple of youtube videos of Jin's trials, but they are not very helpful since it's just people going trough them with no problem at all and without explaining the intricacies of each trial.

I paid full price for what Seth called "The most impressive Capcom netcode yet" and they pull this? What the fuck? It's simply unacceptable ruining the netcode for a gimmick mode I don't care about. Why didn't the lazy fucks separate the netcode for one on one and two on two matches if it caused an issue of this magnitude?

I expect products to live up to what's advertised and this is far from fully functional online play. I seriously want a refund if they continue to roll with "We knew all along but decided not to mention it", it's a fucking disgraceful thing to do to your customers.

Anyone here has done Jin's 18th trial? how am I supposed to connect those first 4 for attacks? lol right after I connect the cr.MP and try to follow with the s.MP is already too late and the hit is blocked, and if by luck I connect that one then the third hit (cr.MK) gets always blocked.

I've seen a couple of youtube videos of Jin's trials, but they are not very helpful since it's just people going trough them with no problem at all and without explaining the intricacies of each trial.

Good luck -- Jin's trails seem sadistic... I'm still on the one where you j.h > h > special step > lp and for the life of me, I can't cancel the standing h into special step.

Jenga

Banned
I paid full price for what Seth called "The most impressive Capcom netcode yet" and they pull this? What the fuck? It's simply unacceptable ruining the netcode for a gimmick mode I don't care about. Why didn't the lazy fucks separate the netcode for one on one and two on two matches if it caused an issue of this magnitude?

I expect products to live up to what's advertised and this is far from fully functional online play. I seriously want a refund if they continue to roll with "We knew all along but decided not to mention it", it's a fucking disgraceful thing to do to your customers.
So far the netcode has been far better than either mvc3 or sf4 for me. Still get the sound issue every match tho

i just finished jin last night but cant remember exactly which one this is. what are the commands?

corrosivefrost said:
Good luck -- Jin's trails seem sadistic... I'm still on the one where you j.h > h > special step > lp and for the life of me, I can't cancel the standing h into special step.
try to buffer the special step earlier, i.e. j.hp, forward, (neutral) hp, down, downforward, lp.

So far the netcode has been far better than either mvc3 or sf4 for me. Still get the sound issue every match tho

Even on release I could find functioning matches in MVC3 and SF4. In this game I've yet to discover one. The fact the issue seems to be rooted in the make-up on the netcode leaves me thinking that it will never be resolved. I don't see how anybody can argue the netcode is better when at a fundamental level it breaks a large element of the game.

Even on release I could find functioning matches in MVC3 and SF4. In this game I've yet to discover one. The fact the issue seems to be rooted in the make-up on the netcode leaves me thinking that it will never be resolved. I don't see how anybody can argue the netcode is better when at a fundamental level it breaks a large element of the game.

Sadly, this.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ok, my Chun Li is getting better! Gotta get off the SF4 mindset some more. Also... lolz I luv Julia.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Id like to learn some more characters if i eventually ever get half decent with my current ones. Heihachi and kaz are fun as hell.

Good luck -- Jin's trails seem sadistic...

I hear you, I am only 3 trials away from finishing them and I've heard his last one is one of the most difficult trials in the whole game :(

I'm still on the one where you j.h > h > special step > lp and for the life of me, I can't cancel the standing h into special step.

I remember that one, 15th I think? that was also difficult for me, the advice I can give you is:

Make sure your opponent is on the corner and you land as close to him as possible when you connect the s.HP, why? because Jin has 2 versions oh that HP and only the close one is cancellable, so if you see Jin is hitting that punch with his arm extended then is not good, also make sure you have the motion for his special step right, if Jin's connect with his cancellable HP then you can go into special step right away. good luck!

i just finished jin last night but cant remember exactly which one this is. what are the commands?

try to buffer the special step earlier, i.e. j.hp, forward, (neutral) hp, down, downforward, lp.

it's Jin's 18th trial, the second one in this video, those first 4 hits don't make sence at all :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrq80N3RCq8

the guy's advice on the video is "keep pressing forward" but I am going to need more help than that.

i don't know... i'd take no lag+no sound over lag+sound.

That statement is unbelievable and I consider myself a Capcom fanboy. The sound is missing most of the time during online play in a fighting game, but as long as it runs better than (...) we are ok with it?! Besides, I don't see how this runs better than SF4 and MvC3 when they launched.

Novid

Banned
Here is what im doing well with futanari-sama.

Poison/Abel - Going to to the lab with abel, gonna see if i can find his charge and just pratice the charge cancel, since thats the best thing to a FADC as we can get. EX Tornado Throw is a game changer. Under 25% its all over.

Poison/Cole - Cole is underrated. futanari sama goes to zone and cole can tear people up.

Poison/Jin (main squad) futanari-sama needs to do more work for Jin because i dont got his reflect and his mental stance down yet. Cant do mental alert for the life of me and it shouldnt be that hard.

futanari-sama's game plan nearly like Makotos - i dont know why but her elbow drop has never been punshed hard even though its -6 - maybe its way too close and thats the way it should be used - however - the jaggy kick gets punished in the air way too often even when it has frame advantage. venus kick (goddess of love) EX is beyond free. I cant tell you how much that move saved me. Her normals are no where good unless in the corner where the opponant cant get out of anything so thats where you place the wrecker (rekka) and super art. Her normal anti-airs are better than advertised. all her charges are ment to be used as pressure for tags and frame traps for wins.

Jenga

Banned
That statement is unbelievable and I consider myself a Capcom fanboy. The sound is missing most of the time during online play in a fighting game, but as long as it runs better than (...) we are ok with it?! Besides, I don't see how this runs better than SF4 and MvC3 when they launched.
i mean to say my performance online is unaffected by the lack of sound effects

don't use me as an example of a entire fanbase thx

TGMIII

SFxT runs waaaaaaaaaaay better than MvC3 and to me it's even better than sf4 at the moment. Maybe you don't notice it but holy shit MvC3 is HORRIBLE even at best

Venfayth

I doubt anyones completely satisfied, but as far as netcode issues go, it could be much worse.

That's how I see it, anyway.

received the guide; amazon haters gonna hate. 2 day shipping on cheapo price free shipping.

it helps allot to understand the unique attacks for Tekken characters because the in-game Command List sucks and always resets to the top of the page.

with the guide, there is no worries about need to scroll down the in-game moves list

plus the info on the move properties is useful

brian

Yeah, the netcode has been pretty good for me too with only a couple exceptions. The lag seems a lot more noticeable when the animations are going between rounds or before/after the match. I guess that's a testament to how good the netcode actually is - because even when it is lagging really bad before the match, the game has been smooth as hell once the round starts.

ShinAmano

Timeouts punish over-conservative play, but reward the footsie game. If you don't like timeouts, learn higher damage characters.

So I am sick of this learn higher damages characters nonsense.

The way my friends and I play fighters is use random select and deal with what you get. The timeout issue is an issue since Capcom left out infinite time as an option which is crazy.

The game is more fun when you play random with friends since it brings out your overall ability rather than your memorization of 2-3 fighters.

That said when I play ranked I will usually select my fighters.

Bottom line like many of the other issues Capcom screwed up with this game leaving out infinite time is one of them.

I hear you, I am only 3 trials away from finishing them and I've heard his last one is one of the most difficult trials in the whole game :(
i found number pretty 20 easy. i think cammy's jump cancels into canon strike combo (#20?) was harder.

it's Jin's 18th trial, the second one in this video, those first 4 hits don't make sence at all :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrq80N3RCq8

the guy's advice on the video is "keep pressing forward" but I am going to need more help than that.
the holding forward is just to buffer the median line destruction. the first 3 hits are links. the [c.mp to s.mp] and the [s.mp to c.mk] are roughly the same speed, but the [mp to c.mk] is maybe slightly faster. don't know how to offer any tips other than try to take your time and time it more precisely. links i usually try to watch the animations and use them as cues. and of course: press too fast--move doesn't come out, press to slow--move doesn't combo. also if a combo has multiple links, sometimes i like to practice them seperately first, i.e. practice [c.mp to s.mp], then [s.mp to c.mk], then once you get both good [c.mp to s.mp to c.mk].

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I think complaining about the netcode has to take into account that the sound issue can be considered an actual GLITCH that needs to be fixed. Not the state of the game that we're stuck with forever.

That's why a lot of people are trying to disregard the sound glitch... for now.

I think complaining about the netcode has to take into account that the sound issue can be considered an actual GLITCH that needs to be fixed. Not the state of the game that we're stuck with forever.

That's why a lot of people are trying to disregard the sound glitch... for now.

This pretty much sums it up. We all know it'll be fixed.

Top Bottom