• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

TGMIII

I think complaining about the netcode has to take into account that the sound issue can be considered an actual GLITCH that needs to be fixed. Not the state of the game that we're stuck with forever.

That's why a lot of people are trying to disregard the sound glitch... for now.

The capcom JP blog already said they're working on fixing it but we'll have to sacrifice online lag for the sound fix.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The capcom JP blog already said they're working on fixing it but we'll have to sacrifice online lag for the sound fix.

Yeah, they're using rollback netcode now, but the CPU overhead for a 3D game is big. I think what they're referring to is not lag, but increased input latency frames - like if you set the input latency up a few frames in BlazBlue or 3SO.

Perhaps they have it set too low (like to 1 or 2 frames) right now, besides further optimizations they could also perform.

It'll still be rollback code once they fix it. Just remains to be seen how they go about that, and how many frames if input delay they settle on to avoid the audio engine crapping out.

don't know how to offer any tips other than try to take your time and time it more precisely. links i usually try to watch the animations and use them as cues. and of course: press too fast--move doesn't come out, press to slow--move doesn't combo. also if a combo has multiple links, sometimes i like to practice them seperately first, i.e. practice c.mp to s.mp, then s.mp to c.mk, then once you get both good c.mp to s.mp to c.mk.

seems like a good approach, sadly I am stuck at work and all I can think of is how to beat Jin's trials, damn you Ono!

TGMIII

Yeah, they're using rollback netcode now, but the CPU overhead for a 3D game is big. I think what they're referring to is not lag, but increased input latency frames - like if you set the input latency up a few frames in BlazBlue or 3SO.

Perhaps they have it set too low (like to 1 or 2 frames) right now, besides further optimizations they could also perform.

It'll still be rollback code once they fix it. Just remains to be seen how they go about that, and how many frames if input delay they settle on to avoid the audio engine crapping out.

I understand that but I'm just saying that where the game is right now is good, for me at least, so I'm not looking forward to the changes they're going to make.

Shito

So I am sick of this learn higher damages characters nonsense.

The way my friends and I play fighters is use random select and deal with what you get. The timeout issue is an issue since Capcom left out infinite time as an option which is crazy.

The game is more fun when you play random with friends since it brings out your overall ability rather than your memorization of 2-3 fighters.
This is nonsense to me. It may be more for you and your friends to play random, because you enjoy it, but I sure take way more fun into dedicating myself to a character / a team, getting to know him and see my progress with him.
I don't enjoy playing random, but I sure as hell won't be so bold as to state that my way of enjoying the game is the most fun of them all.
You may have a problem with this game, but it doesn't mean everyone has.

oh god getting people in the corner with rufus, switching into gief for damage, then locking them with lariat for another switch + mixup is too much fun.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I understand that but I'm just saying that where the game is right now is good, for me at least, so I'm not looking forward to the changes they're going to make.

I get what you mean, I am just considering all the angles.

It's true that where the game is right now - when it works smoothly - is really good.

Le sigh - the problem in part is the current consoles just don't have enough CPU resources and ram available to make this easy.

Next gen consoles should, I think, making using this kind of netcode a lot easier in 3D games.

Novid

Banned

Gonna be 5 frames. Has to be 5.

ShinAmano

This is nonsense to me. It may be more for you and your friends to play random, because you enjoy it, but I sure take way more fun into dedicating myself to a character / a team, getting to know him and see my progress with him.
I don't enjoy playing random, but I sure as hell won't be so bold as to state that my way of enjoying the game is the most fun of them all.
You may have a problem with this game, but it doesn't mean everyone has.

To each their own. I know some people need to try and be the best with their character of choice (I do as well)...but the fact is that adding the option would have taken almost zero effort and Capcom faild to do so.

Trust me when playing with friends (20+ years of playing FGs vs each other) it becomes boring if you pick the same character over and over. Random is a godsend when it comes to adding life to a fighting game. Sure we each have our favorites and they get broken out often...but for pure fun random is where it is at. I don't expect everyone to suscribe to this as I know how serious some people take their games.

Ill be looking for some GAFers on 360 to lose to tonight. First night Ill actually have time to play the game, outside of spending 15-20 minutes in the training room.

Rolling Abel - Marduk right now.

Degen

568 damage because you got counter-hit with one of the best jump-in moves in the game, the same no-execution move four times, and a super.

BnB?
XNeXS.jpg

KNEE AND KNEE

vg260

Notice the lack of "U" in my post and no ultimate runs ok at best. I'm not a fan of having to alter my timing just because capcom can't ship a game with good netcode.

Maybe there's just a ceiling on the quality of netcode for full 3D fighters on current consoles.

c0rderr0y

Neo Member
I just spent a an hour or so with the DLC characters.... Sakura fits in this game well and I like how Alisa plays.

Sakura can actually chain into her super (not sure if they will patch this).

Atruvius

Got the game today. Played scramble on medium with a friend a few times, I think we lost more than we won. Haven't played much yet, will try more character tonight.

Load times are really short, they are probably much longer with out installing.

My PSN id is Dremorax if any of you want play against a scrub. Is there PSN chat for Europeans?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The game is really fun, but I don't think I'll be getting serious with it as I will be with TTT2 and TxSF.

c0rderr0y

Neo Member
Grrrrr.

I wonder if they'll ship the PC version with these still in it. I can't see this game selling very well if so.

I was thinking the same thing... hackers will probably be able to patch it out. I also saw some guy importing the Sony exclusive characters into the Xbox version LOL. There is a youtube video of it some where but I dont know where it is anymore.

There are also REALLY good Level 3 Gems.... so yes gems will make a big difference later, but level 3 gems take up 3 gem slots (which is probably why you can equip a total of 5 with everything unlocked)

Reknoc

Wow, finding this game was a farce. Managed to get a copy at Morrisons, so no impossible to assemble piggybank for me.

PSN: Reknoc
Region: UK

CPS2

There are also REALLY good Level 3 Gems.... so yes gems will make a big difference later, but level 3 gems take up 3 gem slots (which is probably why you can equip a total of 5 with everything unlocked)
I'm wondering if this means they're gonna update the game to have 5 gems per character, or if its leftover code from a previous build where the default was 5 gems per character.

xero273

Wow, finding this game was a farce. Managed to get a copy at Morrisons, so no impossible to assemble piggybank for me.

PSN: Reknoc
Region: UK

animegaf lobby go go go!.. i have a bad feeling about this.. this isn't blazblue so our connection might be lol

SUPARSTARX

I was thinking the same thing... hackers will probably be able to patch it out. I also saw some guy importing the Sony exclusive characters into the Xbox version LOL. There is a youtube video of it some where but I dont know where it is anymore.

That makes sense heh. If they're anything like the DLC gems, it'll probably just be a small extra effect at the cost of two to three slots.

Finally got the game.

So, what's the general concensus on the best gem combinations at the moment?
I have all the pre-order/SE gems and usually play quite defensively,

Why do they let two people play ranked at the same time?

Cross Assault is just stupid in that situation.

I don't see it as a big deal as of right now; a lot of people are having synergy problems this first week.

Once everyone gets all their combos down/gets used to playing with another person, it'll be a little scary. That said, you can always back out if two people challenge you.

SoulFist

Man, trying to pick up Heihachi, but I'm finding him difficult to use. His slow walkspeed is tough to get used to. Any tips or combos more experienced 'hachi players could help me out with?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Couldn't resist the hype and got it. I'm not a fighting game vet, more like casual SFII & SFIV player.

Hope it's noob friendly!

Man, trying to pick up Heihachi, but I'm finding him difficult to use. His slow walkspeed is tough to get used to. Any tips or combos more experienced 'hachi players could help me out with?

Jumping RH can do some crazy ambiguous cross ups. His forward LP, MP ground bounces and can start combos. He can also combo a standing MP after his overhead to combo off of that.

I'm still learning him myself, but the staple combo I've been using is HP x MP EWGF . HP x MP EWGF . HP then either do the srk kick move or super for big damage.

Make great use of dashes and his chargeable special (HCB + P) to get around.

He's tough to play on point, but he can be tagged in mid combo for crazy damage. Tag cancelling an SRK sets up some heavy damage potential.

So does the PS3 version have better netcode? I'm thinking about double dipping.

The ps3 netcode seems a lot better to me than the 360 one. Usually have a lot of problems doing links on the 360 version but have far less issues on the ps3. This is the opposite of ssf4ae, where the netcode on the 360 for me is much better than ps3.

ShinAmano

Huge fan of 2v2 here. Tonight we will have all the players in house and I think it is going to be incredible. (No sound glitch tonight!)

njean777

How do I get up after getting knocked down without getting punished in this game? I get up usually blocking, but still their hits end up going through and then they get to punish me every time almost. Any tips?

Venfayth

How do I get up after getting knocked down without getting punished in this game? I get up usually blocking, but still their hits end up going through and then they get to punish me every time almost. Any tips?

If you hold back on wakeup and you're getting hit it's because you're getting hit by either low attacks or overheads. Low attacks need to be blocked crouching, overhead (or jumping) attacks need to be blocked while standing. You can punish people for attacking you on your wakeup if you've got a move with an invincible startup (ex shoryuken for shotos, some other characters have their own)

forward roll or reversal. burn your meter for ex if you have to.

back dash, forward roll, does your characters have any reversals?

c0rderr0y

Neo Member
That makes sense heh. If they're anything like the DLC gems, it'll probably just be a small extra effect at the cost of two to three slots.

The level 3 gems I was looking at last night didnt have any neg effects.. I was a bit drunk but Im sure i read it right since I did a double take.

Top Bottom