• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

HeroMK

Neo Member
Where's the one with that guy who ducks under SFxT to avoid it? I found that one funnier.

That one is pretty funny too.
DofDR.gif

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Picked up two of the new SFxTK Mad Catz fight pads for both systems. The pads are 15% smaller in size, but retain the same button and d-pad sizes and the PS3 pads are now wired (FINALLY). They feel more comfortable to me, but I do have small hands. Shoulder buttons felt better with the modified size.

PSN is like a wasteland. Took like 90 seconds to find a ranked match and 2+ minutes for anyone to join my endless.

As said already, use Arcade Request for ranked matches. This game is just like vanilla SF4 when it comes to ranked matches...I used to have the same problem searching for matches in that game and just used Arcade Request instead. Got challenged within seconds.

Also don't know if it's just the time of year or the times when I'm getting online, but man...everything has been "dead" online when I play fighters recently. The GAF chat rooms are also wastelands now.

man this thread is losing steam fast. my scene here is tom cruising sfxt as well so online is pretty much all i have to play...i havent tried arcade request but hopefully thatll make a difference in finding opponents. i feel like i spend more time waiting for a match than i do actually playing.

GorillaJu

man this thread is losing steam fast. my scene here is tom cruising sfxt as well so online is pretty much all i have to play...i havent tried arcade request but hopefully thatll make a difference in finding opponents. i feel like i spend more time waiting for a match than i do actually playing.

I think a lot of people are hating on SFxT out of spite. The buggy release with infinite combos, the DLC nickel and diming, the locked characters, etc. are giving people fuel to hate Capcom. It almost feels like an unspoken boycott.

System-wise, I think SFxT is the most fun fighting game Capcom has released since SF3.

Then again, it could just be that everyone else hates it. :D

sleepykyo

I think a lot of people are hating on SFxT out of spite. The buggy release with infinite combos, the DLC nickel and diming, the locked characters, etc. are giving people fuel to hate Capcom. It almost feels like an unspoken boycott.

System-wise, I think SFxT is the most fun fighting game Capcom has released since SF3.

Then again, it could just be that everyone else hates it. :D

The game was summarily dismissed when gems were announced. And someone was probably on to something with Capcom already has a grounded game in SF4 and a crazy game in MvC3. The Capcom crowd didn't need a third game for their regular crowd and (as much I dislike the idea) MK would have been a better brand then Tekken to expand their regular crowd.

Sayah

Why is post rate so important? It's better for a thread to move at a normal pace like this thread is right now. Not too fast but not completely dead either.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The game was summarily dismissed when gems were announced. And someone was probably on to something with Capcom already has a grounded game in SF4 and a crazy game in MvC3. The Capcom crowd didn't need a third game for their regular crowd and (as much I dislike the idea) MK would have been a better brand then Tekken to expand their regular crowd.
I was skeptical about the idea of SF x Tekken in the first place, let alone gems and whatnot. Leading up to the game's release, I got increasingly excited about it, and have been enjoying it even as a casual single-player experience (which is not something I can say about MvC3 or SFIV).

Despite all the hate it's been getting for whatever reason, there are still many of us who are happy and willing to 'learn' it in whatever way is appropriate to our fighting game level. Also for the record, an SF x MK announcement would have made me puke on the spot.

And can we stop talking about the thread, please? Let's either talk about or play the damn game.

I've never seen people search SO hard for ways to measure a game's failure in my life.

Forum post rate, comment section size, stream numbers, bullsh*t "hype" measurements, sales figures, tournament entries, blah, blah, blah.

People looking for ANY kind of metric...people just waiting in the shadows so they can jump out and make funny gifs and say "ha, it failed"!

It's kind of...stupid. If only all that energy were devoted to more constructive efforts.

Oh well. Haters gonna hate.

Meanwhile, the game is still here. Being played. By lots of people.

This thread seems to be dying in terms of posting rate rather quickly....Do you dudes still play SFIII?
I played like twenty matches with my cousin like half an hour ago. It was a blast messing around with parries and basic stuff(I'm a scrub at the stiff SF games). I wish it had the same GGPO implementation that Skullgirls had. It would've been amazing with lobbies. I'm definitely looking forward to Capcom's next gen efforts now that they've begun taking rollback more seriously.
Why is post rate so important? It's better for a thread to move at a normal pace like this thread is right now. Not too fast but not completely dead either.
The best threads move at a lightning pace. It's more fun that way. :p

I've never seen people search SO hard for ways to measure a game's failure in my life.

Forum post rate, comment section size, stream numbers, bullsh*t "hype" measurements, sales figures, tournament entries, blah, blah, blah.

People looking for ANY kind of metric...people just waiting in the shadows so they can jump out and make funny gifs and say "ha, it failed"!

It's kind of...stupid. If only all that energy were devoted to more constructive efforts.

Oh well. Haters gonna hate.

Meanwhile, the game is still here. Being played. By lots of people.

Good shit new guy

hertog

The best way to play this game is with a friend and go online to ranked matches and endless.
It's just so much fun to work together, and very good to have a breather during the match.

sca2511

went on an 11 win winstreak yesterday...then i lose to another high level kazuya/ryu

one thing i don't like about this game (and its really more about the community around this game) is that every week theres a theme....

week one - ryu kazuya hugo gief rufus
week two - ryu ken kazuya hugo juri
week three - ryu kazuya heihachi juri
week four - ryu ken heihachi rufus juri ibuki

and with all those mixes of characters theres always one thing everyone and their mother discovers that they abuse online...last week it was "everyone has discovered a good mixup for kazuya, lets do it over and over again".....i despise that stupid target combo

/endrant

I know how that feels. I hate his overhead combo, always get caught, mostly my fault though.

Goddammit I hate this game. I think I'm done with online, the net code is fucked up now. Sure the sound cut out before, but at least your opponent never rubber banded around the screen like a freaking schizophrenic flea. I never asked for this and now I kind of hate everyone who did. This shit is an unplayable, unfun mess.

And every freaking team is Ryu + whoever lol. There is no reason to not play Ryu, unless you're like me and despise him in the SF games (Ryu in Mahvel is awesome, because ordinary guy). Just c.MP xx Donkey kick until you're in the corner, then go crazy (the fuck is his donkey kick safe?) Character is brain dead as hell.

So yeah, throwing disc like a frisbee out my front door.

Tizoc

Goddammit I hate this game. I think I'm done with online, the net code is fucked up now. Sure the sound cut out before, but at least your opponent never rubber banded around the screen like a freaking schizophrenic flea. I never asked for this and now I kind of hate everyone who did. This shit is an unplayable, unfun mess.

And every freaking team is Ryu + whoever lol. There is no reason to not play Ryu, unless you're like me and despise him in the SF games (Ryu in Mahvel is awesome, because ordinary guy). Just c.MP xx Donkey kick until you're in the corner, then go crazy (the fuck is his donkey kick safe?) Character is brain dead as hell.

So yeah, throwing disc like a frisbee out my front door.

Keep the game then trade it in when Persona 4 Arena's out ;3

SUPARSTARX

Online plays fine. For me at least.

and lol Ryus.... yeah I don't think people are really trying to learn this game. But he can be beaten too though.

Just c.MP xx Donkey kick until you're in the corner, then go crazy (the fuck is his donkey kick safe?) Character is brain dead as hell
mash reversal inbetween, since it's not a true block string. unless its the lk/mk version which is not exactly safe on block so people probably won't use that version anyways. if you don't have a good reversal, then depending on how good your backdash is, mash that instead.

Onemic

I played like twenty matches with my cousin like half an hour ago. It was a blast messing around with parries and basic stuff(I'm a scrub at the stiff SF games). I wish it had the same GGPO implementation that Skullgirls had. It would've been amazing with lobbies. I'm definitely looking forward to Capcom's next gen efforts now that they've begun taking rollback more seriously.

The best threads move at a lightning pace. It's more fun that way. :p

If there is a God, we'll get CvS2 online edition.............or CvS3. Capcom knows people will throw themselves off buildings for that shit.

And I think I'm officially done with this game. Gonna trade it in for SFIV:AE today most likely. The online is just unbearable. I don't know how they could have decent online in UMvC3 and SSFIV, but somehow completely fuck it up in SFxT. Time is also FAR too much of a factor in this game. It's ridiculous.

LakeEarth

I still think it's a great game. Still play it whenever I can.

Last night I lost to an 800 pointer LEGITIMATELY (and I'm almost B+). I wasn't even going easy on him. Dude just kept comboing into cross rush when he could. Usually with lots of scaling, but it was always into Hugo so it didn't matter as much. Plus I'm pretty sure cross rush 'undoes' some of the scaling. If you do one in training mode with damage on, you'll see the scaling percentage jump up for the super.

I'm trying out Jin/Kazuya. It works alright. But my Jin is clearly inferior, and both characters kinda have the same disadvantages. I cannot get his anti-air kick working to save my life, people always smack me going up. And his super takes SO fricken long. I once landed his super with 8 seconds to go and it still timed out before that last hit.

I was thinking Abel/Kazuya but I think they both need their meter.

Nyx

I have none of these problems ?

zlatko

Banned
I still think it's a great game. Still play it whenever I can.

Last night I lost to an 800 pointer LEGITIMATELY (and I'm almost B+). I wasn't even going easy on him. Dude just kept comboing into cross rush when he could. Usually with lots of scaling, but it was always into Hugo so it didn't matter as much. Plus I'm pretty sure cross rush 'undoes' some of the scaling. If you do one in training mode with damage on, you'll see the scaling percentage jump up for the super.

I'm trying out Jin/Kazuya. It works alright. But my Jin is clearly inferior, and both characters kinda have the same disadvantages. I cannot get his anti-air kick working to save my life, people always smack me going up.

I was thinking Abel/Kazuya but I think they both need their meter.

I hate Abel in this game. His SF4 counterpart is so much more deadly. The damage and mix ups in SF4 are far more fearsome.

Also, his dash is awful in SFxT, and his command grabs seem 100% pointless to even attempt. :( He's definitely better than King though. :p

You should try out Raven. He can cover all of Kazuya's bad match ups.

LakeEarth

Agreed, but that Abel combo in the recent Excellent Adventures made me want to give him a second chance.

I haven't really given Raven a good look, I probably should try him out. I've always seen him as a run away, get in, get out character, which isn't my style, but I should learn more of the Tekken side.

Onemic

I was just ranting, I have no intention to trade this game in....yet. Got AE today though. I just hope capcom realizes the dumfuckery they've done with the handling of this game and fix the netcode/balance problems.

zlatko

Banned
Agreed, but that Abel combo in the recent Excellent Adventures made me want to give him a second chance.

I haven't really given Raven a good look, I probably should try him out. I've always seen him as a run away, get in, get out character, which isn't my style, but I should learn more of the Tekken side.

To be fair though, you need a character like Raven to handle Kazuya's bad match ups. You can just do two Kazuya like characters, but you'll still struggle with the bad match ups. Rufus or Hugo would be 'best' if you are looking for another damage, get in dat ass, mix up character.

As for Raven, you can space and zone, but he has great rush down tools too. Solid mix ups as well thanks to teleport, his shuriken, and that 50-50 leg overhead/low.

Worth experimenting with as he can be played rush down, but if you are up against Kazuya's bad match ups, he can do some great spacing to keep the momentum in your favor.

kewlmyc

Yeah, I'm trading my game in for a mixture of reasons. First is that all the recent scumbag tactics from Capcom have kinda turned me off of Capcom games. I might not even get RE6 at this point. Secondly, the game's online is awful. I've played several fighters with better net code than this, I'm truly baffled as to how bad it is. And last is that I'm just not good at fighters and have way to many games on backlog to spend months on just one game doing nothing but practice mode in order to get muscle memory down. Fighters are still fun to watch though.

Onemic

Yeah, I'm trading my game in for a mixture of reasons. First is that all the recent scumbag tactics from Capcom have kinda turned me off of Capcom games. I might not even get RE6 at this point. Secondly, the game's online is awful. I've played several fighters with better net code than this, I'm truly baffled as to how bad it is. And last is that I'm just not good at fighters and have way to many games on backlog to spend months on just one game doing nothing but practice mode in order to get muscle memory down. Fighters are still fun to watch though.

What I don't understand is how they could screw up the netcode for SFxT, but yet have decent netcode for all their fighters that they released before it. I mean, SFxT is still running on the same engine as SFIV, with many of the same assets. You would think it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Myomoto

What I don't understand is how they could screw up the netcode for SFxT, but yet have decent netcode for all their fighters that they released before it. I mean, SFxT is still running on the same engine as SFIV, with many of the same assets. You would think it wouldn't be that hard to do.

The netcode is completely new, and it utilizes a roll-back system, which I'm pretty sure is a first in a Capcom game that doesn't just use GGPO.

I don't understand the netcode complaints, I usually get very good play experiences, with a few rotten apples thrown in here or there (but not any more than what SF4 ever had).

kewlmyc

The netcode is completely new, and it utilizes a roll-back system, which I'm pretty sure is a first in a Capcom game that doesn't just use GGPO.

I don't understand the netcode complaints, I usually get very good play experiences, with a few rotten apples thrown in here or there (but not any more than what SF4 ever had).

Complete opposite for me. I get a few decent rounds and a bunch of shitty ones. When I do get a game that is. And it's not my Internet since this is the only online game that gives me problems. All other online games run smoothly for me.

AAK

The actual netcode I get in this game during the matches is superior to SSF4AE but I do get way more disconnects in SFxT compared to SSF4AE.

Xevren

Abel is not anywhere near as bad as people on here seem to put him at. I still think he's incredibly good, but I guess I'm bias.

if anyone wants to team up on PSN or just play endless, please send a FR. the psn chatroom is usually dead when i login (or people are playing ae). located in california.

psn: kevo_huevo

Onemic

if anyone wants to team up on PSN or just play endless, please send a FR. the psn chatroom is usually dead when i login (or people are playing ae). located in california.

psn: kevo_huevo

how do you get into the psn chatroom? I've been wanting to join for ages

Top Bottom