• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tizoc

Question, will this game have much emphasis on team synergy at all ala UMvC3?

I personally think there will be; say you do a comob with a character that ends in a knockdown, and at the time your opponent is falling (from the knockdown attack), you tag in a character that has good options against your opponent's wake-up, etc.

Watch the FingerCramp vid and you can see how useful Rolento can be as a battery for a character who can do big damage with meter.

sephi22

Question, will this game have much emphasis on team synergy at all ala UMvC3?
There will be, but not to the extent of MvC since there are no assists.

I think people will emphasize having a high damage character like Hugo as the backup character, since tag chains can lead to some high scaling, and having a second character with huge damage can lead to some heavy combo enders.

Also, if your backup character has a great super, you might want to have a point character that has a special move with a long animation, like Law or Marduk, so you can tag cancel it and charge your super for free damage.

Subtle things like these will make teams stand out. King is going to be an anchor on many teams because of his easy and high damage dealing juggles.

TheOGB

Banned
get it day 1 so you can start learning the mechanics, hone your chops, learn matchups, get your team in order. If you wait, online competition may pass you buy. FGC evolves fast!
I suppose.
Not really in it for the #eSports, but I sure as hell have a good time watching!
It was likely I'd double dip anyway. :p

WHOO MARCH 6 LET'S GOOOOOOOO

I have to say I find it irrationally hilarious how Cole looks NNNNNNNOOTTTHHHIIINGGGGggGGGGGHHH like Cole. :)
So... he's normal?

XenoRaven

I have to hand it to Capcom. I thought SFxT would be nothing more than a fun distraction and that Cross Assault would be stupid and uninteresting. While I'm not glued to my computer to watch Cross Assault every chance I get, I am generally interested when I get a chance to watch. On top of that, the show has done it's job getting me really excited for SFxT. Can't wait for next week to roll around,

Also, I'll claim the Chun-Li avatar if no one else has.

Solune

K, I'm tekken this:

DTd2q.png

(despite me being Team SF)

Traitor.

To anyone who does go, any chance you could Boo Ono when he gets on stage or something?
...and ask him why we gotta wait til April for more info on the 12 Vita characters.

If I get near Ono I will troll him so hard. I'm the only one who asked about Rose...and he answered. LOL

d0c_zaius

Where do you live?
Rumors are that its hit Middle Eastern shores and stores will start selling it tomorrow. Pakistan might get it in a couple of days too.

oh damn I got a little to excited.

LA so it will probably be friday like usual.

Last time I saw Marn getting umvc3 urleh heh.

RazOmari

Hope I can get into this. (U)MvC3 was the first fighting game that I took seriously, and I do really well in it. However, SSFIV was completely lost on me. Six attack buttons, hard time performing links...never got very far with the game, as bad as I wanted to ;_;

Can't wait though. I'll have to put Marvel on hold for a while.

cednym

Banned
Get ready for the world's dumbest question:

I've never played a six-button fighter on a pad before... so how does that work, exactly? I can't imagine it feeling natural at all.

vocab

I've never played a six-button fighter on a pad before... so how does that work, exactly? I can't imagine it feeling natural at all.

It isn't natural. You have to play all crippled and shit to reach the other buttons. That's why a lot of people get the pads with all the buttons on the front.

Lothars

I'll use street fighter as an example, I use the top two as punches and the bottom two as kicks than each top button as the heavy punch and kick than the triggers as 3 kicks and 3 punches.

It shouldn't. If you've never done it, it should feel foreign!
It'll take practice to get used to it, or you could get a 3rd-party 6-button controller and try that.

B00TE

The fightpads are loads easier to play on at first imo. It's what I started on anyway. Still using my SFIV fightpad, but I think it's time to get me a SFxT pad as soon as I can.

Not a dumb question at all. I find it much easier to use a madcatz fightpad on 360. Much better dpad and 6 face buttons.

V_Arnold

I really cant wait for this beast to come out.

Rocky, are you going to play this one? We should get to the lab sometimes! D:

nice OT, im just afraid that the game will be a misstep for Capcom, oversaturating the market again :/ will see how it grows.

also, why just "Law" in the character list if everyone else has the full name? :D

sephi22

Man the Cross Assault thread is still blowing up. Triforce is streaming now. XD
I won't let this shit go. Change thread title.

SF and Tekken have to fight each other because neither team could take on KOF!
KOF fans in denial about Capcom making a better fighting game with KOF characters that SNK ever could.
Yeah, CVS2. I went there.

Top Bottom