• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

zlatko

Banned
God I hate the DLC debate that always goes on and fucking on and fucking on. Yes it's there, don't dl the shit if you don't want to. Yes data is on the disc, boo fucking hoo that shit sucks, oh wait the game looks godly I don't really give a fuck I'm still going to buy the game and use the ton of other characters that are in it.

Freaking DLC talk is always the same shit over and over on both sides of the fence and its like a damn broken record in every thread it comes up in. Can't people just enjoy the damn game for what it is? Having it derail the damn thread of what ever when ever the subject comes up.... bleh.

thumbsupgif.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
God I hate the DLC debate that always goes on and fucking on and fucking on. Yes it's there, don't dl the shit if you don't want to. Yes data is on the disc, boo fucking hoo that shit sucks, oh wait the game looks godly I don't really give a fuck I'm still going to buy the game and use the ton of other characters that are in it.

Freaking DLC talk is always the same shit over and over on both sides of the fence and its like a damn broken record in every thread it comes up in. Can't people just enjoy the damn game for what it is? Having it derail the damn thread of what ever when ever the subject comes up.... bleh.

I do agree with you.

People who actually can't stand it really won't buy the game, and everybody else will cave and buy it and all the characters etc etc regardless of whether they make a show of griping about it or not. So at the end of the day, the future refused to change.

In that light, I'm done with the DLC debate; not going to comment on it any further.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess I should be pissed.

But they already gave me so many characters. I think I'd be more pissed if something like Persona 4 Arena did it.

Fucking THANK YOU.

remist

You can enjoy the game for what it is and still express your disappointment in the way Capcom is handling this. Just because this has happened before doesn't mean we should just shut up and be happy about it. Anyway I don't see why a page or two of discussion on this games DLC would really bother you this much.

Mechazawa

I want to say there are some tidbits of a Jotaro homage in Cody's outfit, but that would mean that there would have to be some still left at Capcom who cares about JJBA.

ShinAmano

You know...I am kind of angry now that not only do a bunch of people have the game early...but there are people playing with the DLC characters now when we will probably have to wait months. Ugh.

Capcom couldn't keep a secret even if they left Nintendo in charge of it.

Also, that character select screen is straight out of Mahvel. Give it back. :p

You know what would be funny as hell? Is if all this bitching about DLC characters is for naught and these 12 extras are unlocks (like has been speculated) and/or the day one patch makes them unlocks either by time or simply doing certain tasks like completing it with certain teams or whatever.

One can hope. But I'll be a sucker and buy them anyway because, eh, whatever.

branny

Oh, yay. Another Capcom character. It's not like I'm dying to see how Alisa made the jump to 2D. Or Lei. Or Christie. Or Lars. Or Bryan. Or Jack.

Sblargh

Banned
I hope that Blanka costs $20. That way nobody will buy him and Capcom will get the idea that nobody likes him.

But then again they did put Shuma in Marvel, so that shows they like unpopular things. :(

EDIT: His Super does look pretty clean, I'll admit that.

They will force us to buy him because he is paired with Sakura.
LLShC.gif

alstein

I just view DLC as part of the cost of a game, and make my decision on whether to buy if I think the game is worth the $80 or whatever it is.

If the game sucks, at least I don't have to put that last $20 in.

Fuck you, is all I have to say to this game and any other game that has on disc "DLC". I don't care about day one DLC, but actually putting it on the disk... The more this is embraced by fans, the more fucked this industry is.

remist

You know what would be funny as hell? Is if all this bitching about DLC characters is for naught and these 12 extras are unlocks (like has been speculated) and/or the day one patch makes them unlocks either by time or simply doing certain tasks like completing it with certain teams or whatever.

I'm guessing they would have announced this if it was true. Either way it would help me in my purchasing decision if Capcom would announce the prices before hand. Free or otherwise.

On the positive side of this stuff it seems to me that 50 characters makes it less likely I'm going to have to purchase a ultimate or super version of this game to continue playing multiplayer. Or at least one can hope.

Blu10

On the positive side of this stuff it seems to me that 50 characters makes it less likely I'm going to have to purchase a ultimate or super version of this game to continue playing multiplayer. Or at least one can hope.

God I hope so. Day 1 dlc, timed dlc... ok whatever. If they make me buy another disk I'll lose my shit. Almost waited on this game till I read they were contractually obligated to only release one disk.

Teknoman

I'm guessing they would have announced this if it was true. Either way it would help me in my purchasing decision if Capcom would announce the prices before hand. Free or otherwise.

So it hasnt been confirmed that they are paid DLC unlocks?

I can understand defending character DLC on the disk, because it's very likely that more work needs to be done to them as far as balancing.

But the costumes? If dataminers are playing with the alt costumes off the disk... I think that's shady unless they're unlockables or free. You don't need to balance a costume.

Top Bottom