• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken PC Coming, Console Release Mar 6 [Like ME3/XCOM/Ghost Recon]

DR2K said:
People are seriously considering buying a Capcom fighter day 1 after the shit they pulled with SFIV and MVC3?
What shit did they pull? I enjoyed SF4 a lot hell, I put over 300 hours into the game and they had another edition for only 39.99 bucks with more of the same game with additional characters, stages, and more stuff added in my eyes that's sound like it was definitely worth it.

I don't get how because another edition of the game came out a year later that means my 60 dollars wasn't worth it for the first edition.

And let's face it sequels of a lot of games, do the same thing these days except take 2 years and cost 60 bucks instead of 39.99.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
DjangoReinhardt said:
Depth isn't determined by the number of mechanics in a game.

Yes, and that's why I put more than 1 sentence in my message!

Adding more layers, by definition, does increase "depth". If this Gem system adds another layer, like the trailer says in such a marketing-happy way (about judging your opponents fighting style based off the style of gems they have), then we have something more unique to this game, than straight-transplanted SFIV and T6 elements. You just might be able to tell more "at a glance" when playing with randoms online, than you do in your other fighters ATM.

The number of systems, personally, doesn't bother me. It'll all be second nature after you get used to it. We know this from years of playing fighters, right? And with it seeming that each character only has 1 Stand alone Super move, all this other stuff is just taking the place of "multiple supers" or "selectable Ultras", in a bit more efficient to produce way.

As much as players don't like what the designers put into the game ("X-Factor is DUMB!"), I like the idea of being able to give my character the X-factor (in traditional sense, not Marvel) that I want them to have.

"I don't care if her zoning is great! I just want her to have more HP, and a better poke!"
"It doesn't matter if he hits hard, if he never gets in to hit!"

This, potentially, can be a system where you get to decide these things, on a whim, per character, per fight, per team. The idea, in general, sounds pretty nice, to be honest. But it'll be interesting to see how well it turns out.

LowParry

Get home from school and see this wwaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Hells yeah. :D

Ahhhhh! Ling in the teaser. Day fucking 1 now!

eissan

man why cant they announce brian :(. seriously he is the only tekken character I liked.

probably because I was half decent with him lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
eissan said:
man why cant they announce brian :(. seriously he is the only tekken character I liked.

probably because I was half decent with him lol
I never used brian who is that guy? I like bryan though!

Regardless of me liking it or not(it looks pretty fun), capcom has done a stellar job at combining both sides of the spectrum into one meshed design. They have really given a ton of respect to tekken's style and mechanics while still giving it street fighter's vibe and flavor as well. I'm not doubting namco since they always do a great job with tekken, but they really have their hands full if they are to meet the bar capcom has set with this game. I'm sure Tekken x SF will be nice, but will it be a real mesh in design is all I'm wondering.

They have managed to pull near complete fusion of the two, and still managed to add some additions new to both sides.

DR2K

Banned
Tguy said:
What shit did they pull? I enjoyed SF4 a lot hell, I put over 300 hours into the game and they had another edition for only 39.99 bucks with more of the same game with additional characters, stages, and more stuff added in my eyes that's sound like it was definitely worth it.

I don't get how because another edition of the game came out a year later that means my 60 dollars wasn't worth it for the first edition.

And let's face it sequels of a lot of games, do the same thing these days except take 2 years and cost 60 bucks instead of 39.99.

Releasing half finished games on purpose and charging you a huge premium on what is essentially an expansion pack. While this means jack shit to someone that spends countless hours playing fighters, it's going to be a huge problem if the majority of buyers deem this unacceptable.

Adding characters and levels isn't worthy of being called a sequel, which is why Capcom would have the balls to do that, standards have risen since the old days where this was acceptable.

I think the biggest thing holding back the Gem system(from what we know) is the pre order exclusive stuff, Possible DLC, and method of unlock. These three things will make it all but banned at tournaments because it means not everyone will have access to all these tools.

Having a bunch of players running through the single player before Evo so every machine has all gems unlocked just seems difficult.

The more gimmicks they pile on this the more it seems less likely the fighting game community is going to embrace it. I'll have fun dicking around with my crazy teams but I hope the game takes off and we see it as embraced as SF4 and MVC3.

Nice SE, too. March 6 is this and Mass Effect 3. Two GOTY games right there.

WHAT EXCITING DEVELOPMENTS

http://twitter.com/#!/wildfireZer0/status/124989092785164288

abstract alien said:
They have really given a ton of respect to tekken's style and mechanics while still giving it street fighter's vibe and flavor as well.

I'm trying to see that but the menacing looking bear and Dr Wily blows that up. lol

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Kerrby said:
I thought Rufus was the most disliked character, maybe that's just me.

Rufus was disliked when SFIV was first unveiled and he was just another thing to hate on the game with. But since them he's become something of a comical mascot, or so it seems.

I know tons of people who like him, pretty much on those grounds. He's actually more of the Dan of the game than Dan. (Especially since he's actually higher tier and easy to play to mid level.)

LowParry

Kintaro said:
Play this for the lulz, embrace your Tekken Tag 2 lords? =P

That's the plan for me :D Since this is coming out March, I wonder how soon TTT2 will come out next. Summer release maybe?

funkystudent said:
will wait for super street fighter vs super tekken that will get released 9 months later.

And I have doubts about this happening since half of the property is Namco. Who knows though.

DR2K said:
Releasing half finished games on purpose and charging you a huge premium on what is essentially an expansion pack. While this means jack shit to someone that spends countless hours playing fighters, it's going to be a huge problem if the majority of buyers deem this unacceptable.

Adding characters and levels isn't worthy of being called a sequel, which is why Capcom would have the balls to do that, standards have risen since the old days where this was acceptable.
How was SF4 half finished? I'd love to know that. If you could provide me some reasons on why you'd call this game half finished like some evidence that all characters from SSF4 had their models already in SF4 or something of the sorts, then I'd say fair game.You are right.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about MvC3 because I know that game is half finished was actually rushed.

bPod

I'll pass!

I'll wait for the Hyper version or whatever version Capcom will come out with later

You've fooled me several times already, Capcom!

wildfireZer0 Alex
Before ANYONE complains about #SFxT and the Gem system, it's already been said that Gems are BANNED at EVO unless something changes

Um, shouldn't they just wait and see how the community embraces it? Seems a rather knee-jerked response.

Orayn

bPod said:
I'll pass!

I'll wait for the Hyper version or whatever version Capcom will come out with later

You act as though Capcom hasn't been releasing super/hyper/turbo versions since Street Fighter II.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
bPod said:
I'll pass!

Enjoy not playing for about a year. Coming in later then wondering why you are sucking ass cause people already got the hang of everything and you don't.

robut said:
wildfireZer0 Alex
Before ANYONE complains about #SFxT and the Gem system, it's already been said that Gems are BANNED at EVO unless something changes

Um, shouldn't they just wait and see how the community embraces it? Seems a rather knee-jerked response.

That's a little silly seeing how Seth himself was saying they add to the game at tournament level. The guy doesn't straight up just spew bullshit for PR. Oh well if true.

robut said:
wildfireZer0 Alex

Yeah :/ that does seem like a knee jerk response, you figured they'd wait and actually see how balanced it is or if it works well before they even announce that.

I just really want to see tag fights tournaments take off. Was sad to see nobody did them for Mortal Kombat. I want to see Mike Ross/Gootecks, JWong/Floe, Ricky Ortiz/FChamp. Pulling that off alone would be amazing, but with all these crazy new systems it seems less and less likely.

Flying Wonkey said:
WHAT EXCITING DEVELOPMENTS

http://twitter.com/#!/wildfireZer0/status/124989092785164288
It's sad that they even had to say this due to people overreacting about a feature they don't even have to use lol

DR2K

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Enjoy not playing for about a year. Coming in later then wondering why you are sucking ass cause people already got the hang of everything and you don't.

That's a little silly seeing how Seth himself was saying they add to the game at tournament level. The guy doesn't straight up just spew bullshit for PR. Oh well if true.

Most people play games for fun. Food for thought.

I see nothing wrong with the gems, besides selling it in parts, who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This game is officially too complicated for me. I can't be the only one who's lost track of the game mechanics and shit in this game :|

PC release is great news though.

EDIT: And yes I watched the mechanics trailer in OP. It's too long for it's own good. I don't see why all this shit is necessary. I guess it'll be more interesting to watch high level play of it to play for me.

Kimosabae

Banned
I haven't read through the thread, but judging the OP, I'm sure people are currently bitching about how this isn't a real fighting game and plays like Smash Bros. or some shit.

Anyway, those screens make the game look much better and the Gem system reminds me of Power Stone which is awesome. Can't wait for this game now.

time to check the vids.

enzo_gt said:
This game is officially too complicated for me. I can't be the only one who's lost track of the game mechanics and shit in this game :|

PC release is great news though.

EDIT: And yes I watched the mechanics trailer in OP. It's too long for it's own good. I don't see why all this shit is necessary. I guess it'll be more interesting to watch high level play of it to play for me.

Way too much shit to consider during a fight.

I wanna make a stupid fanboy complaint really quick: why can't we have more than one super per character?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
matics said:
Way too much shit to consider during a fight.
Yup, a line needs to be drawn between complexity and depth, and a refined, focused experience.

SFxT is just throwing shit at the wall at this point, seeing what sticks.

Good luck bug testing this shit, Capcom.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
*sigh* And still no PC version for Super Alpha vs Beta 3: Fate of Rebuying the Goddamn Game Within a Year.

WTF are you doing, Capcom!?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheSeks said:
*sigh* And still no PC version for Super Alpha vs Beta 3: Fate of Rebuying the Goddamn Game Within a Year.

WTF are you doing, Capcom!?
Giving all their money to one team and game.

enzo_gt said:

What exactly is too complex? Pretty much everything in the mechanics trailer except the Gem stuff seems pretty straightforward.

the gem system itself doesn't sound that much worse than alpha3's isms or cvs2's grooves. what does sound horrible though is pre-order/se/dlc exclusive gems and gems with bs abilities like auto-block.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Flying Wonkey said:
What exactly is too complex? Pretty much everything in the mechanics trailer except the Gem stuff seems pretty straightforward.
It's not too complex to understand, it's too complex of a battle system. There are too many mechanics. There is no refined experience, they're trying to throw as many possibilities and mechanics as they can to forcefully fatten up the battle system. More isn't always better, the same way complex doesn't always mean more fun.

zlatko

Banned
This game seems more geared to just for funsies play, and only lunatics will take it seriously like the Smash Bros. Community. Still getting it day one because of dat Rolento. :D

Top Bottom