• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stuff your face with Cheesy Gorditas to win Vitas

It feels so weird winning this. Its actually making me kind of nervous tbh. I am imagining stuff like..."what if I entered the address wrong." Or other irrational shit. All I was thinking of was what kind of stuff might go wrong. Kind of wish there was an email or something to confirm that it's me for sure, but I guess I will just wait for the letter to arrive at my house. Either way it's probably just disbelief having not won anything in my life before outside of a free fries or hamburger from mcdonalds monopoly.

Wait, you actually won a vita from this prom?

TheNatural

My Member!
I usually like free stuff but I'm eating better so no go. Not worth burning money and adding 15 pounds. A good example though of what people bitch about though with fast food, they always say "well you have a choice" - but all the promotions any company ever has goes to the most unhealthy shit in their arsenal.

what part of the official rules doesn't support that?

Man I have gone waaaaay too deep on this, LOL.

From the rules:

If you are the first player to enter a Code on or after the predetermined time and date for any prize and receive a game message that says “Congratulations, you’re a winner”, you win the prize indicated, subject to verification. Winning dates and times will be randomly predetermined under the supervision of Ventura Associates whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Primary Instant Win Game.

Also, the phrasing "One winner for every 15 minutes" vs "One winner every 15 minutes" explains that over the duration of the entire promo, there will be enough winners for every fifteen minute interval, but not a random drawing every 15 minutes.

Whomever enters first once that random hours,minutes,seconds hand hits will win. There is not a random drawing at the top of any fifteen minute interval, for example. It's probable hours pass with no winner as there could be multiple winners in a fifteen minute period due to the nature of the randomization.

From the rules:

Also, the phrasing "One winner for every 15 minutes" vs "One winner every 15 minutes" explains that over the duration of the entire promo, there will be enough winners for every fifteen minute interval, but not a random drawing every 15 minutes.

Whomever enters first once that random hours,minutes,seconds hand hits will win. There is not a random drawing at the top of any fifteen minute interval, for example. It's probable hours pass with no winner as there could be multiple winners in a fifteen minute period due to the nature of the randomization.

You're getting me really hyped here. It can't be good for me. Have to forget about this. If I don't win on the first try, it's the end of that.

Flunkie

Banned
It feels so weird winning this. Its actually making me kind of nervous tbh. I am imagining stuff like..."what if I entered the address wrong." Or other irrational shit. All I was thinking of was what kind of stuff might go wrong. Kind of wish there was an email or something to confirm that it's me for sure, but I guess I will just wait for the letter to arrive at my house. Either way it's probably just disbelief having not won anything in my life before outside of a free fries or hamburger from mcdonalds monopoly.

That's exactly what's happening to me. In the official rules it says if the letter is denied delivery or whatever the prize will be voided and put in the secondary drawing. I live in an apartment complex with a fairly confusing arrangement with lost mail all the time. I am really worried that something is going to happen to it. I'd feel a lot more at ease with a confirmation email. Basically, my life (vita, get it?) rests on this one little easily-lost envelope.

When did you win? Report back here when you get yours so I'll know when to start worrying more. :p

And thanks for the congrats guys. I never win stuff like this.

That's exactly what's happening to me. In the official rules it says if the letter is denied delivery or whatever the prize will be voided and put in the secondary drawing. I live in an apartment complex with a fairly confusing arrangement with lost mail all the time. I am really worried that something is going to happen to it. I'd feel a lot more at ease with a confirmation email. Basically, my life (vita, get it?) rests on this one little easily-lost envelope.

When did you win? Report back here when you get yours so I'll know when to start worrying more. :p

And thanks for the congrats guys. I never win stuff like this.

I won yesterday around 6:30PM. I will definitely post when I get the letter and give updates. It's pretty cool that so many Gaffers got one. Hope it all works out smoothly for us.

hayejin

Boo didn't win.

The fact that you ddin't win screen comes so quickly leads me to believe your chances of winning are already determined before you even submit the form or something.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Boo didn't win.

The fact that you ddin't win screen comes so quickly leads me to believe your chances of winning are already determined before you even submit the form or something.

I had the same feeling. It came up basically as soon as I clicked the button. "Lose instantly!"

_woLf

Ugh, with winners on GAF and the way to trick the AR on the app, I may just have to start going to Taco Bell once a week. I want a free (sort of?) vita...

edit: trying to use my android phone to scan the AR box a few pages back, doesn't seem to be working :( help?

From the rules:

watch the win counter go up.

Zep

Banned
This contest kinda blows. But after the way people
on gaf
abused every10minutes I guess we won't be seeing that type of format again.

Some people have tracked the counter uptick times. It seems to pick a random point in the 15 minute interval.

IE:
From 3:00-3:15, it'll be anywhere in there.

bumpkin

Gorditas are delicious, but they're pretty much number one on the list of Taco Bell menu items that never agree with me... If I didn't win a Vita, I'd have the shits for nothing. lol.

I got a box, texted the code and got a response saying I won "pending verification," and asked for me to reply with my email address. I did so and immediately got a "we got your email, check your inbox!" response, but this was 45 minutes ago, and no email yet.

So... possible Vita win, possible huzzah?

Edit: Couple hours now, still no response. Rapidly losing hope. If I don't get a response tonight I'll probably see if there is somewhere I can call tomorrow, I kept the box and receipt.

does anybody know if it has to be the gordita big box or is that beef one good for a vita entry?

I won with the Beefy Crunch Big Box Combo, actually.

petethepanda said:
I got a box, texted the code and got a response saying I won "pending verification," and asked for me to reply with my email address. I did so and immediately got a "we got your email, check your inbox!" response, but this was 45 minutes ago, and no email yet.

Don't lose hope just yet. I haven't seen anyone else mention doing it by texting in their code but the people that won by entering on the site or app haven't received e-mails either, that I'm aware of. Of course we had to enter in name and address info on the site following winning but I'd still say there's a decent chance the e-mail is just lagging behind for you. And of course check your spam folder in case it happens to get shunted off there.

Priz

Gorditas are delicious, but they're pretty much number one on the list of Taco Bell menu items that never agree with me... If I didn't win a Vita, I'd have the shits for nothing. lol.
Real Gorditas are even MORE amazing, especially with some Al Pastor... mmm...

IMG_20111224_160254.jpg

(Vampiro on the left, Gordita on the right)

A shell similar in texture to a pupusa cut down the center, a little refried beans at the bottom, then Al Pastor, lettuce, sour cream and cotija cheese.

The vampiro is my favorite. They take the taco corn tortillas and grill them until they're crispy then add the quesadilla cheeses until they're melted. Then put on some Al Pastor, red salsa, red onions & cilantro then guacamole.

I can't eat Taco Bell's beans as they make me not feel well (ever since they changed to the "heartier" beans) but I can eat Taco Bravo or a place like this and be just fine, so I have no idea how they differ.

BACK ON SUBJECT, I went to Taco Bell on Monday and got the Cheesy Gordita Crunch box. Don't mind the taco or the gordita, but can't stand the burrito; thought about asking them to remove half the ingredients to make it more palatable.

Didn't win, but it wasn't completely terrible (besides the burrito). Also the guy who rang me up after as I was getting a drink said "Hey there, if you fill out this survey you have a chance to win an ipad 2. If you could say how great my service was I'd really appreciate it. As incentive to fill out the survey, please accept a free dessert on the house." and gave me an order of cinnamon twists.

I ate everything but the burrito, took two bites of it and then tossed it and then had the cinnamon twists instead to fill me up. lol.

Dicer

Banned
I lost. Not a bad meal for 5 bones tho, more filling than the damned 12 dollar burrito from Chipotle...Will try again.

Balphon

You guys could always go the self-addressed stamped envelope route for codes if you don't want to kill yourselves with Taco Bell food.

Slurmer

Banned
So what's the validity of the "battle" entry with the app? As others have noted, it seems kind of fishy with how quickly it tells you that you're not a winner.

pantsmith

I tried to enter my code the very first day of the promotion, but nothing happened. It just bugged out, never gave me confirmation of winning or losing, just that I hadn't matched the cheese to the taco correctly. I tried calling up their support line and they told me I was out of luck :(

I don't know how many of these horrifying boxes I can handle, but I will definitely write in for a free entry, maybe even pick up one the next time I have absolutely nothing else to eat. I've heard a lot of positive buzz in terms of people winning, so I guess its worth another blow to my digestive system.

Clydefrog

So... possible Vita win, possible huzzah?

Edit: Couple hours now, still no response. Rapidly losing hope. If I don't get a response tonight I'll probably see if there is somewhere I can call tomorrow, I kept the box and receipt.

FYI in another forum I read some guy did the same thing. He contacted the group holding the contest and they responded that it could take 3-4 days to process his contact information. Just be patient!

GrizzNKev

Banned
I just went out for a very long walk to get myself one of these boxes. Have we determined the optimal time to enter? I intend to win, even if it means buying up to but no more than three of these boxes.

Top Bottom