• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stuff your face with Cheesy Gorditas to win Vitas

What do you mean?

They have a third party (Ventura Associates) randomly choose a date and time that someone will win each Vita. For example, one time that they may choose could be Feb 2 at 2:47 PM. The first person to use the app after 2:47 PM would win. Same thing with the codes, except they probably have different time and dates for the code winners than they do for the app winners.

Because for the 4,500 there's a known time schedule. It seems to NOT have one for the 482.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Went and picked one up today (didn't win), they said the boxes have been going pretty fast but they just got a shipment in yesterday.

I may try one more time this week, but that's about the limit of taco bell I can stand.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Gonna head over there right now to pick up 4 boxes. I'll be sure to ask if they have boxes and not fuckin bags. Also, should I enter all the codes at once or enter them throughout the day?

Went and picked one up today (didn't win), they said the boxes have been going pretty fast but they just got a shipment in yesterday.

I may try one more time this week, but that's about the limit of taco bell I can stand.

You don't have to eat the food, you know.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This is borderline gambling. Let's face it, most aren't paying for the food, just how you don't pay for the paper the lotto ticket is printed on.

That said, gambling is legal in my state. And I'm going to taco bell.

Because for the 4,500 there's a known time schedule. It seems to NOT have one for the 482.

There is not a known time schedule if you read the official rules. They take those 4,500 and divide them in an unknown, yet random way to assign them time periods. It's not every fifteen minutes. Take this from a guy who lost entering $35 worth in 5 minute intervals starting at 6:00 CST on the morning after the promotion began.

Since the 360 Dew campaign, I've been a sucker for these.

FireCloud

Decided to try my luck at lunch today. Entered the code off the box while I was at Taco Bell and didn't win.

When I went to throw my trash away I saw another $5 box sitting at the top of the trash that wasn't used by the person sitting across from me. I tore off the box top and took it home.

Don't judge me...I can't help it.

The code I got today was incredibly similar to the one I had yesterday. But if what someone else said is true, the actual code isn't the winner, but when you use it.

the actual code isn't the winner.

it's when you use it.

you can take that statement to the bank.

it's a random time in a 15 minute period.

Comet

the actual code isn't the winner.

it's when you use it.

you can take that statement to the bank.

it's a random time in a 15 minute period.
So this makes me wonder - if this is the case, wouldn't you be significantly increasing your chances by submitting your code some time between 3am-7am when no one would really be doing this?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So this makes me wonder - if this is the case, wouldn't you be significantly increasing your chances by submitting your code some time between 3am-7am when no one would really be doing this?

In theory, yes

Pretty much all contests work this way

Bought a box of this shit, ate half of it, stomach is now in knots and I didn't win. Paying the $299 is better than this stomach pain.

Never again.

painey

A lot of these contests have a certain time period, usually 2am-9am or something where all redemptions go into one big pot with the draw taking place as it re-opens, rather than triggering every 15min. I don't know the details of this one though.

A lot of these contests have a certain time period, usually 2am-9am or something where all redemptions go into one big pot with the draw taking place as it re-opens, rather than triggering every 15min. I don't know the details of this one though.

this one really does trigger once randomly in a 15 minute period

Went inside today to make sure they had the boxes. Talked to the manager and she just handed me an empty box when I told her I hadn't gotten one on two separate occasions. Which was nice, cause I really didn't want to eat there today. Not a winner today, though.

Hey guys new junior here ;)

Quick question about the codes. So if I had already used them does that mean that they are unusable? I still have my boxes here and I'm not sure if I can use them again since I already put the codes in and got nothing. Can I try tomorrow??

Thanks

It feels so weird winning this. Its actually making me kind of nervous tbh. I am imagining stuff like..."what if I entered the address wrong." Or other irrational shit. All I was thinking of was what kind of stuff might go wrong. Kind of wish there was an email or something to confirm that it's me for sure, but I guess I will just wait for the letter to arrive at my house. Either way it's probably just disbelief having not won anything in my life before outside of a free fries or hamburger from mcdonalds monopoly.

Top Bottom