• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stuff your face with Cheesy Gorditas to win Vitas

Chris R

Ugh, just got back from TB. My experience is rife with red herrings and Vita cock blocking. I only decided to pull up to the drive thru due to a string of members winning one today. Asked the guy on headset whether they had $5 Gordita Vita Crunch Boxes, he said yes, but they were $6 here. Said fuck it, and ordered one. The girl handed me a Vita cup, and then moments later, a box, thankfully. I almost drove off, but decided to inspect the box, only to discover that it was in fact, just a regular "Big Box", no Vita promos in sight. Pulled into a parking spot, went inside and the girl told me they don't currently have Vita boxes and that shipments may be in on Saturday.

TLDR: Fuck my life, and fuck Taco Bell, TB are scammers, Wario redeemed :l
Same shit happened here, except I had to pay $7 and got NO box of any kind. Other than twitter who can I complain to at taco bell to get a stinking code.

Erekiddo

In order to use the Taco Bell battle app, you need to point the camera at a $5 Buck Box lined in the angle on the screen.

... someone should take a picture of their $5 Buck Box and post it here.

Same shit happened here, except I had to pay $7 and got NO box of any kind. Other than twitter who can I complain to at taco bell to get a stinking code.

WTF? Damn, I thought I got shafted with the $6 price, what's up with the price discrepancy?
I may have to write in, cause I don't really feel like going back to check if they've got a box :l

Actually if you aim it at the picture in the op at a certain angle, it works. Really easy to do.
Thread redeemed.

Chris R

WTF? Damn, I thought I got shafted with the $6 price, what's up with the price discrepancy?
I may have to write in, cause I don't really feel like going back to check if they've got a box :l

Thread redeemed.
I'm in Alaska, shit is always more expensive up here, just pissed I didn't get a box, but looking at the op it looks a lot like a stack of boxes they had stacked up unfolded. I wonder if the employees are taking them home or something.

I'm in Alaska, shit is always more expensive up here, just pissed I didn't get a box, but looking at the op it looks a lot like a stack of boxes they had stacked up unfolded. I wonder if the employees are taking them home or something.

If you've got an iphone you can still play the game, I just tried it right now with the pic in the OP and it worked. You have to hold your camera at a weird angle but it recognizes the box in the jpg hilariously enough.

And I think it was mentioned in the thread that they are likely keeping a close eye on employees so they can't steal boxes.

Erekiddo

The app is on the Android marketplace as well. I'm on the screen where it's asking to point it at a $5 Buck Box, but no luck just yet.

Firefox

Banned
Taco Bell sucks they trolled me.

Said they ran out of boxes and gave the food in a bag.

Said opps nothing we can do

I'm complaining to the BBB now.

The app is on the Android marketplace as well. I'm on the screen where it's asking to point it at a $5 Buck Box, but no luck just yet.

Just finished a round right now. It's actually super fucking annoying. Since it's AR, it makes it look like you are fighting on top of a $5 box, the box has to be centered the entire time so you have to hold your hands perfectly still in front of the monitor, not a fun experience. As for the game, it's two cannons on either side of you shooting stuff at you. You have to tap the correct buttons to attack the projectiles. There's also a buzz saw and a laser that attacks you, you have to slide up or down to duck or jump to avoid the corresponding attack. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Le-mo

Omg, this is making me want to stop by Taco Bell. I only ate there once and the food was HORRIBLE. Don't know if it's worth the risk.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ok, I've reversed-photoshop the original art to make a custom Vita box that works with the AR game.

tacoARgame.jpg

Enjoy!

Idk, it worked easily for me, you can enlarge the image on paint too. Aim it toward the top, and it probably doesn't matter how many points you get.

*edit* beaten with a cherry on top

Has anyone won using the game?

Just went through 3 phone numbers and emails. I wonder if the score matters, or if it's just randomized drawings. I'm guessing it's randomized. And if that's the case, I wonder if there's a higher priority placed on codes from boxes as opposed to playing the game.

tch

Just went through 3 phone numbers and emails. I wonder if the score matters, or if it's just randomized drawings. I'm guessing it's randomized. And if that's the case, I wonder if there's a higher priority placed on codes from boxes as opposed to playing the game.

Yeah I was thinking that box codes would probably be more likely to win..

For me, the game has way to many variables that TB could mess with to change the odds of winning. Score, time on the app, if you want notifications, etc. Codes on the box are the best way to go.

Kaizer

Banned
Thanks chub! Played the goofy game, I entered but didn't win. Looks like I'll end up having to buy one of these death meals.

Ran rp

I have no Taco Bells in my area, no chance of winning that boasting contest, and only an iPod Touch 3G. No Junior luck for me :(

I just struck out for my second time on getting a box with an entry. When I asked about it the guy at the window said they were only supposed to open one case of the promo boxes a day, but people have been buying so many they go through them pretty quickly. He said people have been coming in and buying 4 or 5 at a time. Whether that's people feeding a family, or people going after Vitas, the result is the same.

I've also discovered the Taco Bell app is incompatible with my iPhone 3g so I can't even try entering by pointing the camera at the photo in this thread. Usually the app store warns me when something won't work, but it happily let me download this like 100mb program that won't do anything and won't even tell me it doesn't work.

tch

I feel like the app isn't even checking if I won. I mean instantly after I click submit the image pops up saying I haven't won... Would love to know if anyone wins through this

I feel like the app isn't even checking if I won. I mean instantly after I click submit the image pops up saying I haven't won... Would love to know if anyone wins through this
Not to mention that you can just tap "Go Back" and re-enter your information (with different e-mail addresses and phone numbers) with apparent impunity.

well going to try my local taco bell now that im off work...hopefully they at least have the boxes so its not an entire wasted trip

Seventh

It looks like you have better odds of winning if you enter a code from a box instead of using the app to enter. According to the rules, they're giving away 4500 Vitas to people who enter a code, but only 482 to people who use the app.

Also, the way they have the contest set up, there aren't any codes that are predetermined to win. They have a set date and time for when someone will win a Vita, and whoever is the first to enter a code/email after that time, wins.

What time did you put in your code?

This goes for all winners.

Just after 5pm Pacific? Probably close to 5:04pm? My screenshot I took of my phone was at 5:10pm and that was after the initial excitement and talking to the Taco Bell employees. Also had to look up how to take a screenshot because I couldn't remember exactly what to press, heh. So yeah, I'd say 5:04, plus or minus a minute. Pretty lucky considering odds are stacked against me at that time of night with that being prime dinner time for a lot of folks.

I guess it's cool that I got it with the Junior Member luck. I've been a junior for like a year now so I guess some good had to come from that.

Seventh

And really, the math for the 482 doesn't add up.
That's like... 2 hours, but a little longer.
So maybe it's more pre-determined?

What do you mean?

They have a third party (Ventura Associates) randomly choose a date and time that someone will win each Vita. For example, one time that they may choose could be Feb 2 at 2:47 PM. The first person to use the app after 2:47 PM would win. Same thing with the codes, except they probably have different time and dates for the code winners than they do for the app winners.

well my taco bell was "sold out" of them as well, and the whole thing was kinda odd, starting to think they pulled the boxes due to a glitch

RPGCrazied

I have no will. :( I'm doing this today for lunch. Is there other things you can win? Games? Or just the chance for the system?

Maybe it was the commercial I saw like 999 times on TV last night. :p

Top Bottom