• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stuff your face with Cheesy Gorditas to win Vitas

I just won. Still sitting at Taco Bell. Took me three boxes (three different days!). I work right near this Taco Bell and the employees know me from coming over time and I told them I'd keep going until I won. They're so excited for me, haha.

mhayze

Congrats to The Iron yuppie.

After years of once a week visits, I've completely stopped going to Taco Hell. At this point, I would rather pay for the Vita than eat their food anymore. Once you know what goes into their food, you can't un-know it.
The younger me would have laughed at this sentiment from anyone else

3 winners already, just on GAF? Seems odd to me.

I know they claim every 15 minutes but maybe they think that if they "pay out" a lot early on that people will see the winners and be encouraged to go out and buy $5 boxes like mad.

Not really. Throw out a ton of Vitas to ordinary people. Ordinary people talk about it on facebook/twitter, show their friends how cool it is etc, their friends buy one too.

I mean, it makes sense from that perspective, but it seems like an expensive way to get the message of the Vita out to the world.

I'm going to TB today or tomorrow, at least.

Haha, wow. Just got back from my Taco Bell. Bought a Big Box and got....a bag with my shit. To top if off I got a cup advertising the Vita promotion.

Well played, Taco Bell

Flunkie

Banned
I just won. Still sitting at Taco Bell. Took me three boxes (three different days!). I work right near this Taco Bell and the employees know me from coming over time and I told them I'd keep going until I won. They're so excited for me, haha.

What time did you put in your code?

This goes for all winners.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Haha, wow. Just got back from my Taco Bell. Bought a Big Box and got....a bag with my shit. To top if off I got a cup advertising the Vita promotion.

Well played, Taco Bell

Same here. They even put sour cream in my burrito. I didn't ask for this... :(

I won a vita too! Oh my god! :D

But.. What now? Did anyone who won get an email? I haven't gotten anything.. Really worried. I did it on my iPod touch so I don't know if it left off crucial information on the page.

No email here.

As I understand it, they'll send a verification letter to the physical address that you provided to make sure you can receive the package.

Says it's first-class mail so check your box in a day or two.

soultron

Banned
Canadian citizens probably consume less fast food, on average, than an American citizen so I think we need/deserve this promo. Fatten us up, goddamnit.

No email here.

As I understand it, they'll send a verification letter to the physical address that you provided to make sure you can receive the package.

Says it's first-class mail so check your box in a day or two.

It's gonna be a pretty anxious week for me checking my mail. I still can't believe I won this. I didn't even really want one that much. I basically went to try the Cheesy Gordita because it sounded good (which it was).

It's gonna be a pretty anxious week for me checking my mail. I still can't believe I won this. I didn't even really want one that much. I basically went to try the Cheesy Gordita because it sounded good (which it was).
Yeah same here haha. Going to be a looooong week. I just got it because I wanted a Cheesy Gordita. My hunger for cheap food has paid off!

Thank you Iron yuppie for letting me know! I was freaking out because of not getting an email.

Jason2slow

Neo Member
For the winners, did it say when you would be getting your Vita? Is it before, on, or after release day (15th or the 22nd)?

Erekiddo

Apparently my wife just won one as well.

xeris

She must be a junior as well.

I just got back from my lunch break, and they also gave me a $5 Buck Box in a bag. Promotions scattered everywhere, even my drink had the promotion on it, but no box in sight. Giving them a call tomorrow to complain.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
No, but I am trying to convince her to trade it for a 3ds.

tmax.gif

Flunkie

Banned
I had it for lunch this afternoon and feel like shit tonight. Blah.

Casting a negative reputation on this contest to increase my chances. /dwightface

one question before i add some unneeded calories to my daily intake, is there a better time to try the code? I remember with the 360 give-away your chances went up exponentially between 5-6am

OFFICIAL CODES: A unique 12-digit official code (a “Code”) is required to play the Primary Instant Win Game. Codes are available at participating Taco Bell® restaurants on specially-marked Taco Bell® Big Boxes during the Promotion Period, while supplies last. For a free Code by mail, while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped business size (#10) envelope to: Unlock the Box Code Request, PO Box 9319, Medford, NY, 11763-9319, postmarked by 3/1/12 and received by 3/5/12. (VT residents may omit return postage.) Limit: one request per outer envelope. OR, from 3/2/12 through 3/11/12 (ONLY), visit http://unlock.tacobell.com for a free Code. Codes are not transferable. Codes are void if not obtained through authorized channels. You do not need a Code to play the Reality Fighters™ Dojo Game or the enter the Challenge.

Just did that! Would be the best thing ever to win one, but that's what everyone else says, anyways, good luck!

Erekiddo

OFFICIAL CODES: A unique 12-digit official code (a “Code”) is required to play the Primary Instant Win Game. Codes are available at participating Taco Bell® restaurants on specially-marked Taco Bell® Big Boxes during the Promotion Period, while supplies last. For a free Code by mail, while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped business size (#10) envelope to: Unlock the Box Code Request, PO Box 9319, Medford, NY, 11763-9319, postmarked by 3/1/12 and received by 3/5/12. (VT residents may omit return postage.) Limit: one request per outer envelope. OR, from 3/2/12 through 3/11/12 (ONLY), visit http://unlock.tacobell.com for a free Code. Codes are not transferable. Codes are void if not obtained through authorized channels. You do not need a Code to play the Reality Fighters™ Dojo Game or the enter the Challenge.

Just did that! Would be the best thing ever to win one, but that's what everyone else says, anyways, good luck!

Don't worry. You'll probably win.

Dark_AnNiaLatOr

.. just saying.

Ugh, just got back from TB. My experience is rife with red herrings and Vita cock blocking. I only decided to pull up to the drive thru due to a string of members winning one today. Asked the guy on headset whether they had $5 Gordita Vita Crunch Boxes, he said yes, but they were $6 here. Said fuck it, and ordered one. The girl handed me a Vita cup, and then moments later, a box, thankfully. I almost drove off, but decided to inspect the box, only to discover that it was in fact, just a regular "Big Box", no Vita promos in sight. Pulled into a parking spot, went inside and the girl told me they don't currently have Vita boxes and that shipments may be in on Saturday.

TLDR: Fuck my life, and fuck Taco Bell, TB are scammers, Wario redeemed :l

Top Bottom