• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toppot

It's called the script. Just the same as it is called a script for TV or film. Manuscript traditionally is the handwritten 'first draft'. Nowadays manuscripts can be digital as well.

But like you are talking about with the thick document that Deus Ex had, that is the 'game script'/'script'.

For example, Beyond Two Souls script:
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/04/24/beyond-two-souls-script-is-2000-pages-long/

GTA 3's script, next to GTA 4's script:

TrLuLRe.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Is there a way to see a list of all the things you've checked out of the library? Like, does your library card have that information on it or can you look at your library account and find out?

FillerB

Is there a way to see a list of all the things you've checked out of the library? Like, does your library card have that information on it or can you look at your library account and find out?

Call the library and ask? I know the two closest libraries to my place each use completely different (terrible) systems from each other neither which allow you to look-up your checked out books on-line. But I'm going to assume that the library card itself doesn't contain anymore information than just an identification number.

Labrys

Okay, here's my stupid question.
When I was walking home just barely, a random dog (I think it was a pitbull, not sure) ran to me and bit my leg. The owner came out and asked if I was okay, and since I wasn't bleeding I said I was fine and hobbled off. I didn't really want to make it an issue.
I'm home now, and I got my pants off, and it turns out it did make me bleed? There's a tear in my skin, and a big rashy patch by it. I googled this situation specifically and didn't get an answer, but what should I do about the wound and stuff? Should I contact the owner and tell them it did draw blood?

Woorloog

Banned
When I was walking home just barely, a random dog (I think it was a pitbull, not sure) ran to me and bit my leg. The owner came out and asked if I was okay, and since I wasn't bleeding I said I was fine and hobbled off. I didn't really want to make it an issue.
I'm home now, and I got my pants off, and it turns out it did make me bleed? There's a tear in my skin, and a big rashy patch by it. I googled this situation specifically and didn't get an answer, but what should I do about the wound and stuff? Should I contact the owner and tell them it did draw blood?

Clean it, go to a doctor (animal bite, might be dangerous to a human). Might want to contact the owner as well, though not sure what good that would do. Unless you're going to sue or something.

EDIT unless someone has a better idea?

chiQ

First, look after the damage. You might need antibiotics. A doctor should be consulted.

Re. the dog, you need to communicate with the owner. The dog should not be allowed loose like that. It's clearly not safe.

If they refuse to act appropriately then contact the authorities.

Labrys

Clean it, go to a doctor (animal bite, might be dangerous to a human). Might want to contact the owner as well, though not sure what good that would do. Unless you're going to sue or something.

EDIT unless someone has a better idea?

First, look after the damage. You might need antibiotics. A doctor should be consulted.

Re. the dog, you need to communicate with the owner. The dog should not be allowed loose like that. It's clearly not safe.

If they refuse to act appropriately then contact the authorities.

Alright, thanks you guys. The mark was small, but I washed it out, put some neosborin on it and a bandage. It's less throbby now, but if it starts to hurt again I'm gonna call my doctor.
I drove by their house again really quick, and they went out. Dog wasn't anywhere to be seen, either. I scribbled down a note saying that I didn't want to sue or anything, but I'd appreciate it if they kept the dog under control and didn't let it run free or anything. Hopefully they'll follow it...

I was thinking of upgrading the ram on my 13 inch late 2011 Apple MacBook Pro. I went to crucial.com and put in my model where it said 16gb was compatible. I thought it was a maximum of 8gb. If it is definitely compatible, is it worth paying the extra to get 16gb opposed to only 8gb.

I was thinking of upgrading the ram on my 13 inch late 2011 Apple MacBook Pro. I went to crucial.com and put in my model where it said 16gb was compatible. I thought it was a maximum of 8gb. If it is definitely compatible, is it worth paying the extra to get 16gb opposed to only 8gb.
Even without knowing what you do with your laptop, I can say for sure 16GB would be a waste. Even 8GB is probably more than you need, but it's conceivable.

Even without knowing what you do with your laptop, I can say for sure 16GB would be a waste. Even 8GB is probably more than you need, but it's conceivable.

My laptop just seems to constantly slow down. When I look at the RAM available now it says I only have 111MB free. It is often down to double figures. I rang Apple and they said that 16GB isnt officially supported. So I might just go for the 8GB from crucial.

FillerB

My laptop just seems to constantly slow down. When I look at the RAM available now it says I only have 111MB free. It is often down to double figures. I rang Apple and they said that 16GB isnt officially supported. So I might just go for the 8GB from crucial.

What do you normally do with the laptop? Because having your system constantly use up 8GB worth of RAM does not sound like normal behaviour.

I only have 4GB of RAM in at the moment. But I usually just use it for university work, having Pages and Keynote open, Safari and iTunes are also usually on. I get my email though the Mail app, and I also have a few apps running in the background like Cheatsheet and Freememory.

FillerB

Right sorry. I need to read better. I would just go for the 8GB then if you are just using it for uni and basic office work.

t-ramp

Is it actively using that much RAM? I'm using Windows 8 and have 82MB of 6GB "free", but there is an additional 4GB in cached standby memory that is actually available. I think that segment of RAM might be referred to as "inactive" memory on Mac.

Labrys

"Go to your doctor"
"It's cool I put a bandage on it"

Why do people do this \:

I actually just wasn't able to do it at that time.
I went this morning and my doc looked at it, said I did okay cleaning it out but still made a good decision coming there. He said it'd just be bruised for a while, but I got a tetanus shot.
Going to deal with the owner later this evening, but thanks, you guys. I just have cynophobia and this is the first time I've been bit by a dog, so I was a bit frazzled. Sorry.

UrbanRats

What's this called in English?

vetrocemento5.jpg

The literal translation form the Italian "Vetro Cemento" (Concrete Glass) doesn't seem to be correct.

SolKane

I actually just wasn't able to do it at that time.
I went this morning and my doc looked at it, said I did okay cleaning it out but still made a good decision coming there. He said it'd just be bruised for a while, but I got a tetanus shot.
Going to deal with the owner later this evening, but thanks, you guys. I just have cynophobia and this is the first time I've been bit by a dog, so I was a bit frazzled. Sorry.

What state do you live in? In my state any attack by an animal requires a mandatory 10 day quarantine of that animal.

Peagles

Is there any way I can order some custom shoes from the Converse website? I live in New Zealand but I have a US shipping address. However my Paypal account didn't work (I guess they can tell I'm from New Zealand) and it says orders placed with an international credit card will be cancelled.

I'm dying to buy these shoes I designed! :(

Labrys

What state do you live in? In my state any attack by an animal requires a mandatory 10 day quarantine of that animal.

I live in Utah. I dunno if it's like that there, but I did get the animal reported and the attack recorded, so everything should be in order.

chiQ

Is there any way I can order some custom shoes from the Converse website? I live in New Zealand but I have a US shipping address. However my Paypal account didn't work (I guess they can tell I'm from New Zealand) and it says orders placed with an international credit card will be cancelled.

I'm dying to buy these shoes I designed! :(

Pay someone with a US account to make payment for you.

My calorie intake is incredibly poor; ~1,200 a day. I'm losing weight because of it and I'm pretty close to being underweight. I've recently wanted to get into bodybuilding and I've concluded that I'll need to start consuming at least ~3,000 calories a day to gain weight (since my metabolism is ridiculous and I can't put on weight normally).

How should I do this? Six, 500-calorie meals a day? Any tips? I don't wanna visit Fitness GAF since it's intimidating.

Those supplement pills that are marketed for "cutting up" aka defining muscles and whatnot.

Scientifically, how the fuck does taking a pill make the body say "Hey! Make this muscle *look aethsically pleasing" so to speak?

Zoe

Those supplement pills that are marketed for "cutting up" aka defining muscles and whatnot.

Scientifically, how the fuck does taking a pill make the body say "Hey! Make this muscle *look aethsically pleasing" so to speak?

Just guessing, probably works as a diuretic.

Toppot

Cutting just means 'reduce body fat'. Body builders do it before competitions. They have these big muscles but the body fat covers them somewhat. So they cut to make the muscles look better , ie skin is tighter to them so you see more definition.

Pills work in different ways, one way is it suppresses your body turning things into fat, making you poop out the fat instead of storing it.

My calorie intake is incredibly poor; ~1,200 a day. I'm losing weight because of it and I'm pretty close to being underweight. I've recently wanted to get into bodybuilding and I've concluded that I'll need to start consuming at least ~3,000 calories a day to gain weight (since my metabolism is ridiculous and I can't put on weight normally).

How should I do this? Six, 500-calorie meals a day? Any tips? I don't wanna visit Fitness GAF since it's intimidating.

FitnessGAf isn't scary, it's full of smart helpful people, not muscle-head bro-dudes.

Spreading your meals out is always a good idea, the whole milk diet can be useful for getting your calorie intake up. Visit FitnessGAf for more info.

Cyan

Banned
FitnessGAf isn't scary, it's full of smart helpful people, not muscle-head bro-dudes.

Yeah, this. Some of the megathreads can feel intimidating because they have their own sort of subcultures, but they don't bite. Well, except for the footie thread, never go there. :p

Read the OP and be polite, and they should be able to help you out.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Why do water coolers have two spouts to choose from to dispense the water? Surely one of them isn't heating up the water or anything?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
The coolers in my office have a hot water top (red handle) and a cold water tap (blue handle).

ibngvwKcHN6YV.jpg

I truly didn't think those things produced hot water. Is the water hot enough for tea? Or like just lukewarm?

Is it worth watching The Avengers if I don't care the slightest about the Marvel universe? Just want to watch something neat with cool special effects.

So I'm doing a finance project for my college class. My clients are a family of 4, and I need to provide a financial plan so the family can reach there short term and long term goals. My question is, is there like a tax return templet that I can use to fill out my clients made up information?

Oh, and I fixed my laptop, thanks to all that helped out in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom