• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiave

Does it help you sleep better at night? If so, do it every night before bed.
yeah

Like once every two weeks. Usually only if I get wrestless. None of the girls I know put out... fucking bitches. I also hate people the same age as myself so I'm kind of shit out luck when it comes to finding friends I like.

Like once every two weeks. Usually only if I get wrestless. None of the girls I know put out... fucking bitches. I also hate people the same age as myself so I'm kind of shit out luck when it comes to finding friends I like.

Maybe go find some new friends. And go to clubs and get drunk and laid. Or prostitutes if that's your thing.

Or like, romance a pretty girl.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
nun-1.jpg

Am I weird for thinking this nun is cute?

Lirlond

How would I set up an xbox/ps3/wii with my PC in such a way that it:

1: Shares monitor
2: Shares headphones
3: Shares microphone
4: Allows me to switch between either the pc or the console on the fly, with either a physical or software switch. With no audio leakage.

El'Kharn

I brought a Gears of war xbox 360 recently and immediately got rid of the piece of shit game that came with it. The thing is that now whenever i try to turn it off it just turns itself back on again...normaly takes 3 or 4 goes before i can get the stupid thing to stay off and sometimes i even have to pull the power cable..
The same thing used to happen with my last one (had it from launch)

Its haunted isnt it?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
What does this mean?

Jack [Daniels] and Coke?

If so, why?

one of the bigger users of the :lol smiley was a user named jackncoke... so when they disabled the :lol smiley, some people in the NFL threads just started using :jnc instead.

Baconbitz

Banned
Is it possible to find someone on Facebook based on knowing only there first name, the first annitial of the last name, and where they work?

Giard

I want to host a Minecraft server for me and my friends. However, my upload speed is way too low. Just tried Speedtest, and I'm getting 0.2 Mbps. I'm supposed to get "up to 1 Mbps". I'm getting 8 Mbps of download speed. Is there a way that some of my download speed gets converted to upload speed instead? Can I call my ISP to do so?

tldr: Is there a way to lower my download speed so I can get a better upload speed?

Since it wasn't answered way back when, I'll ask again.

"How long does it usually take to go from junior to member status on NeoGAF?"

Edit: Balls. Didn't see the new link. My bad!

Edit 2: Can a mod move this post into the new thread? Or is it best I just make the post again in the new thread?
300 posts and 90 days of membership.

Who here has seen the new Alyssa Milano 'help starving kids' ad and does anyone else think its the hottest she's ever looked?

(and yes I feel guilty for oggling Alyssa Milano between images of starving kids)

Gila

12 Hours till my final, it's worth 30%

I'm getting 77% in my class so far, I know the material on the final faintly. I'm guessing I could just pull of a pass or 55% on the exam

am I fucked?

Amagon

I'm a coffee noob and for years I order my coffee, light and sweet. What the fuck is a light and sweet, lol? Shits good and never ask but I'm broke now a days to buy a cup of joe so now I want to make it myself.

I can move a muscle in my ears to block out (some) noise, anyone know what it is?
I know exactly what you mean. Been knowing/doing that since I was a kid. Would like an answer to this too.

Cyan

Banned
12 Hours till my final, it's worth 30%

I'm getting 77% in my class so far, I know the material on the final faintly. I'm guessing I could just pull of a pass or 55% on the exam

am I fucked?
Is it on a curve?

Study for a few hours, get a good night's sleep, and try not to freak out too much. 55% should be a makeable mark.

Chiave

Whelp, failed two courses this semester. Made an A in one class and don't know what I made in my fourth class. Should I kill myself? The years I've been in college were miserable and there's nowhere to go if you dropout or flunk.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Before you kill yourself, make sure to get some enjoyment out of life now that it seems like college isn't your key to riches. (Meaning: Don't kill yourself)

Look, it's not a big deal if you're not good in your courses. I dropped out. I'm still here. You can still get jobs and shit, believe me.

Actually, for me, it was quite the relief to hit bottom and finally get out of it. I was constantly depressed because of the pressure, constant lying to myself and self-hate that directly resulted out of me not being able to deal with the demands.

It was kind of a vicious circle. There are two ways to get out of that:
— Get your shit together and finish college somehow (you're giving me the impression that that's not gonna happen for you) or
— Drop out and get over it

If you really feel like it's a good idea to kill yourself at this point, you might want to seek help.

One thing: If you're certain that the college thing is out of reach for good, then stop going there and try to get a job while you're still a student instead. It's much easier to get a job as a student than it is when you're a fresh dropout.
But if you feel like you've still got a shot at this, then go to a counselor and work your ass off.

Ok, I have a question.

It's sort of an ancient meme that All Women Want The Toilet Seat Down. Sitcoms, jokes, casual conversation about the nagging wife, whatever.

But what exactly is meant by this?

Is it A), women just want the first seat down, the one with the hole for pooping, or B), women want both seats down, including the lid that covers the hole altogether?

A seems reasonable to me. I basically never lift that seat anyway, I can't imagine having difficulty aiming through it without dribbling on the seat (or just sitting down because you might as well do both anyway). It makes sense, that part needs to be down so people can sit on the toilet.

B, I can't agree with. If the bowl is smelly enough that you need to close the lid, then clean it up. Otherwise there is barely any reason to turn the toilet into a makeshift chair and I can't fathom having to close that every time.

So which is it?

Ok, I have a question.

It's sort of an ancient meme that All Women Want The Toilet Seat Down. Sitcoms, jokes, casual conversation about the nagging wife, whatever.

Is it A), women just want the first seat down, the one with the hole for pooping, or B), women want both seats down, including the lid that covers the hole altogether?

A seems reasonable to me. I basically never lift that seat anyway, I can't imagine having difficulty aiming through it without dribbling on the seat (or just sitting down because you might as well do both anyway). It makes sense, that part needs to be down so people can sit on the toilet.

B, I can't agree with. If the bowl is smelly enough that you need to close the lid, then clean it up. Otherwise there is barely any reason to turn the toilet into a makeshift chair and I can't fathom having to close that every time.

So which is it?

It's A.

Ok, I have a question.

So which is it?
Pretty sure B. If people use the room for other things, I think it's more pleasant, in general, to have the throne closed. And there's the chance something could fall in.

I'm open to the possibility that different people could have different preferences here, but there always seems to be some assumed standard, people nodding to each other with understanding. Maybe they're all ultimately thinking of different seats.

iammeiam

So which is it?

It's A--it's not the lid being closed, it's the seat part being down, that's the issue.

If you're female and you really need to pee, it's really unpleasant to rush to the toilet, sit down, and... wind up half in the bowl because the seat's up. This is even worse if it's the middle of the night and you wind up with a wet ass.

Emitan

It's A--it's not the lid being closed, it's the seat part being down, that's the issue.

If you're female and you really need to pee, it's really unpleasant to rush to the toilet, sit down, and... wind up half in the bowl because the seat's up. This is even worse if it's the middle of the night and you wind up with a wet ass.

Who doesn't look at a toilet before using it? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom