• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League - PS5 Immersion Trailer

MAX PAYMENT

You're missing out on some game changing tech. I wish more games really leaned into it. The rain pinging off the controller on returnal alone feels amazing.
I'll have to try it. If it's so good, it's very odd that it goes so underutilized.

Gojiira

Does anyone care about haptic feedback? I feel like it's been one of the least consequential console upgrades in a long time.

Still cautiously optimistic for the game.
Yeah because its incredible when used correctly (Returnal,Astrobot etc)…Problem is barely any third party games use it properly, but its still better than the generic rumble elsewhere so

drotahorror

So... it's been incredibly disappointing.
No…it’s disappointing that 3rd parties don’t take advantage of it. I believe it is objectively the best way of playing racing games when using a controller.

That being said I don’t think it’s game changing or anything, it’s just better than normal rumble. With the exception of racing games.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Rocksteady has fallen off so hard you would think they were managed by MS.

Just a joke in good fun guys.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

I love it and miss it when I play a PS4 game but this is also a forum full of 50 and 60 year olds so I'm not surprised to see people downplay or outright say they hate it.

MAX PAYMENT

No…it’s disappointing that 3rd parties don’t take advantage of it. I believe it is objectively the best way of playing racing games when using a controller.

That being said I don’t think it’s game changing or anything, it’s just better than normal rumble. With the exception of racing games.
I've barely considered it noticeable in the 1st party games I've played. Though I mentioned I haven't played the ones pointed out earlier for best implementation.

xrnzaaas

It was amazing in Returnal, Astrobot and Demon Souls. Since then I havent played a single game where it made a difference.
It's becoming the same thing as when the touchpad was introduced in the PS4's controller. Sony's games tried to care and show its unique features, most third party devs don't care.

A good exception I can remember is WRC 10. The haptics combined with the trigger effect offered a very unique experience. You were fighting the triggers and haptics were very good with translating the current surface.

Last edited:

Kikorin

I Like the the haptic feedback in Alan Wake 2, the shooting feels nice. 3D audio I've really no idea why is considered a PS5 feature tho, I'm pretty sure it was already like that like in Ocarina of Time 20 years ago.

RyRy93

Does anyone care about haptic feedback? I feel like it's been one of the least consequential console upgrades in a long time.

I turn that and vibrations off every time, I want to play the game not the other way around

People have already mentioned that some 1st party titles have great implementation for haptic feedback, but there's some 3rd party ones as well which has done it well (e.g. Control Ultimate Edition). They also had imo great haptic feedback in Diablo 4 (first played the open beta on PC for around 5-6h and then got the PS5 version and the difference was night and day in favor of the PS5 controller). Anyway, I said 'had' because I liked the very aggressive haptic feedback they launched the game with, but they toned it down in a later patch probably because it was draining the battery more quickly. :messenger_grinning_sweat: Now it's more subtle but still a nice feature to have.

This games gonna be awful. Rocksteady has fallen a long ass way…..
You have a PS5, and didn't play RETURNAL? Why are you even here??

Quoted the wrong guy - but I agree with this guy. Rocksteady looked at piles of money and critical success and decided not to repeat.

Last edited:

kyussman

I remember getting very immersed in the old Batman Arkham games,they really gave you that feeling of being Batman.....I honestly don't see much potential for immersion in this half baked cookie cutter looter shooter,lol.

MAX PAYMENT

People have already mentioned that some 1st party titles have great implementation for haptic feedback, but there's some 3rd party ones as well which has done it well (e.g. Control Ultimate Edition). They also had imo great haptic feedback in Diablo 4 (first played the open beta on PC for around 5-6h and then got the PS5 version and the difference was night and day in favor of the PS5 controller). Anyway, I said 'had' because I liked the very aggressive haptic feedback they launched the game with, but they toned it down in a later patch probably because it was draining the battery more quickly. :messenger_grinning_sweat: Now it's more subtle but still a nice feature to have.
I'm gonna try some of the recommended titles and see if my opinions change. Probably returnal as the others mentioned aren't genres I'm super into. Returnal didn't really look like much of my thing either. But I'm willing to try it.

mdkirby

Yeah, not just haptics, but also the speaker, which is more commonly used. It for me at least 100% adds to the game, and I have bought games on ps5 that I could otherwise have played 'for free' on my seriesX. The haptics on the Elite controller ive had disabled since I first got the xbox and played the medium, haptics on that thing is awful and just distracting and noisy. Something I also really rate and I think is under appreciated is the massive touch pad being a short cut to the map. Seems such a little thing but I really miss it when playing xbox stuff, star field in particular, where you need to use the map a lot, but it takes SOOOOO many clicks to get to, then get out of the bloody thing, so frustrating.

As for justice league, currently, a hard pass for me based on what ive seen....maybe they'll surprise me

Luipadre

I will say this. Once you get to play this, its surprisingly fun and smooth to control, but it fades away 10 min later, when you do the same repetative missions and fight the same 3 mobs and the GaaS monster fully shows its teeth

Tried to play Gran Turismo 7 without it and it fucking sucked. It definitly is a huge upgrade once you use it.

GrayDock

Playing Ascent right now and its a great use of the Dualsense. Rain, huge machine's vibration, ships flying overhead, weapon firing, all get nice translations with the haptic. And the sound of weapons and cyber trinkets are pretty good coming from the DS.
Getting your phone calls on the DS was a nice use in CyberPunk too.
As always, depends on the dev to get a good use.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Maybe you'll like the feature better on the new rumored Xbox controller 😉

If it was on Xbox you would sit on the controller and call it Papi.

You Got Me GIF by HULU

poodaddy

It was amazing in Returnal, Astrobot and Demon Souls. Since then I havent played a single game where it made a difference.
I've beaten two of those three and I never once noticed it. Can't speak for Astrobot though, haven't played it.

On topic: This game looks more and more underwhelming every time I see it.

Salz01

This continues to look like crap. 3 months after release it will be cheaper than Gotham Knights.

It's one of the only things that makes this gen feel like a new gen imo.
It's hard for me to go back to older games without haptic feedback now.
They all feel dated to me. It's my favorite thing about the Portal too. So yes, people care about it.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
In my opinion they're through the looking glass of desperation if they're now making vids showcasing the use of the fucking triggers lol

Top Bottom