• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yurumates 3D 18

These are the slackiest bums to ever bum.

3PduC.jpg

I feel inspired.

Of course, Matsukichi remains the best character. Masterful sleepwalking.

As a side note, the part at the beginning where the camera tracked Yurume around the room during her morning routine was a neat bit of direction.

Jarmel

Banned
Is there a link to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBIGenjDedQ

It's a bit off but gives you the general idea. The part around 4:20, so good. The second half in general is really amazing.

oh shit

p6p6g.png

- Amazon JP Exclusive: 42000yen
- LE: 36750yen
- Reg: 26250yen

I want pictures of the upscale before I drop. Still debating whether I should wait for the English version or go all in for JP. US version packaging is going to be shit.

cajunator

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBIGenjDedQ

It's a bit off but gives you the general idea. The part around 4:20, so good. The second half in general is really amazing.

I want picture of the upscale before I drop. Still debating whether I should wait for the English version or go all in for JP. US version packaging is going to be shit.

Yeah Marble is a pretty good song. I'm not sure if I like it better but its a fitting second OP.

Fancy corn dog embracing the life? Wonder how long before he collapse or if it isn't ironic anymore.

Anyhow plane to catch. Back to America vrroom~!

The fuck kind of sound does a plane make anyways?

Hmmm wonder if there are moe planes...

Accel World 17
tumblr_m877dfYtk41qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Noumi is a great antagonist. But that was an awesome episode, such devotion and selfless friendship in this anime. Taku is truly the best friend of friends. Really he never ceases to amaze me. The fight was really good.
Incarnation system is really creative and I hope Taku can gain access to it, so he can at least stay at Haru's level. But that team attack was splendid anyway, even if he had to temporarily take tons of damage

However I ended up super angry.
Dumb Chiyu making a dumb and simply ridiculous appearance and move, what even, why would she do that?! Noumi was as good as defeated.

cajunator

Banned
Fancy corn dog embracing the life? Wonder how long before he collapse or if it isn't ironic anymore.

Anyhow plane to catch. Back to America vrroom~!

The fuck kind of sound does a plane make anyways?

Hmmm wonder if there are moe planes...

There are definitely moe planes. Like the Geebee.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Marble is really one of the best opening songs this season or even this year.
Eh. It's a pretty bland song for me. Most all of the openings this season are pretty bad. There are some okay EDs I guess though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There's at least one OP/ED single that I'm considering importing this season, but I'm completely new to importing anime music from Japan so I suppose I'll ask if there's anything that I should know in advance first. Are most singles really just one four-minute song on a disc?

Articalys

There's at least one OP/ED single that I'm considering importing this season, but I'm completely new to importing anime music from Japan so I suppose I'll ask if there's anything that I should know in advance first. Are most singles really just one four-minute song on a disc?
They usually have the main song, at least one b-side song, and instrumental versions of both, though it can vary. Which song is it?

trejo

Hyouka 15

Still the best arc so far, even if it's starting to get a little long in the tooth.

I look forward to dropping it again once this one's over.

sup? Had a lot of catch up too do.

Pretty sure i saw someone on gaming with a sawa avatar that doesn't frequent here.

damn shame.

I have seen it too, all the time on the Wii U DebateThread.

You skip pages?
I never skip pages!
I must absorb all communication that goes on in this thread.

What?! Who is the moster who skip pages! I'm with you cajun, no skipping pages for us.

And Nichibros had the same rate of no funny jokes as Nichijou. =___=*

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They usually have the main song, at least one b-side song, and instrumental versions of both, though it can vary. Which song is it?

The Jinrui ED (Yume no Naka no Watashi no Yume). If there's anything else on the disc, I suppose that's good enough for me to make the purchase.

Might pick up the Try Unite single at the same time since I wanted to do that early this year and never did. Guess I'll get a little collection started.

trejo

I used to never skip pages until I realized how liberating it was to look at 20+ unread pages and just go "yeah, fuck that". And with the way this thread tends to repeat itself it's not like I miss anything important most of the time.

Also, Nichibros > Yuru Yuri >>>>>> Nichijou. [Amir0x]This is not an opinion, this is fact.[/Amir0x]

The Jinrui ED (Yume no Naka no Watashi no Yume). If there's anything else on the disc, I suppose that's good enough for me to make the purchase.

Looking online, looks like there's the song, a b-side, a piano version, a remix version sung by the fairies? (はたらく妖精さん) and a クスノキの里 version and of course an instrumental version.

Sounds pretty nice.

Articalys

Might pick up the Try Unite single at the same time since I wanted to do that early this year and never did. Guess I'll get a little collection started.
Those each seem to differ a bit from the norm. According to their VGMDB entries, the former has the main song, the b-side "Hoshi ga futte komarukara", three remixes of the first (piano and lyrics, fairy, Kusunoki village) and the instrumental.

Try Unite has the OP and ED and their instrumentals, the awesome Rasmeg Duo version of Try Unite, and the b-side Pumpkin Cake.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Those each seem to differ a bit from the norm. According to their VGMDB entries, the former has the main song, the b-side "Hoshi ga futte komarukara", three remixes of the first (piano and lyrics, fairy, Kusunoki village) and the instrumental.

Try Unite has the OP and ED and their instrumentals, the awesome Rasmeg Duo version of Try Unite, and the b-side Pumpkin Cake.

Bought and bought.

Necrovex

Oda Nobuna no Yabou-01

I don't know if I like it or not. My feelings on it are pretty mixed. It can be pretty good and pretty bad at the exact same time. I know the director handled some of the storyboard for High School of the Dead, which I adore. I just wish a lot of the character weren't super young-looking. Mr. Monkey shouldn't be going around and screaming he's from the future. Not the best plan.

I'll continue to watch it. I have nothing else to watch this season.

cajunator

Banned

Well, thats definitely a good song. nice choice.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World 17

Boom Headshot! Also on that note. Useless Chiyu is now Stupid Chiyu.

OH I forgot. Kuroyukihim <3.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Fucking filth. All ignored. Just look at this rogue's gallery of depravity. Well, you're all exposed now. EXPOSED!
I come back to see this. Not the best way to catch up on a thread.

Yeah, that's right I read all the pages unlike some of you Yurumates!

Sorry, several of the Yuru Yuri characters look pretty similar in SD form so that's probably why I missed you :p
Wow. You missed an opportunity to actually pull off the ol' Akari joke.

There's a HUGE suspension of disbelief involved in enjoying SAO.

They haven't even discussed the creator yet. He and his crew have to be somewhere deep in hiding, and the Japanese federal government must be in some kind of crisis mode right now due to all the homicides. They haven't touched on this at all. On one hand, you sort of feel trapped in the game with the player... on the other hand, so far we're only getting a narrow view of the story at large. Meanwhile, we can all pretend not to be excited at the moe loli service. I'll be the first to say that I'm not excited about it at all! I'm definitely not excited.
I'm excited.
A show focusing on the outside world could potentially be more interesting that following the adventures of MC Perfect and his merry crew of dying folk.

Referring to another thread where somebody was all LOL U PEOPLE HAVE ANIME AVATARZ.
The reaction I love. Taking pleasure from people's hate.

I believe Hitokage was referring to this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422808&highlight=avatars

A selection:
And this is the kind of talk that made me start using one.

Is it that bad? I gave the first episode a watch and it seemed like stupid fun.
Series 2 is much better. THey threw out the ridiculous plot for more PLOT and it has even more Hana screentime. <3

uBPZT.png

I would use this avatar myself if I didn't like my current one too much.
And with a bit of modification this could also work as an AKB0048 avatar.

when is 50 shades of grey getting an anime adaption? maybe it could be improved by being moé as fuck
From the snippets I've heard 50SOG is pretty tame compared to a lot of anime. If people were shocked by that book they'd have a heart attack if they went to visit the down in the dumps Panda.

Not digging those designs, clear downgrade from wideface.
I'm sad that SHAFT didn't take o board my suggestion for tallface. I really thought it could be the next big thing.

Articalys

I might go on an Itunes animu song buying spree if they have most of what I want.

I approve of this. More anime songs need to be on iTunes.
A quick cursory search also turns up Accel World OP Chase the World and the Shangri-La OP (plus some other non-anime May'n stuff), Magia (and some other Kalafina stuff), and lots of supercell stuff, including the Guilty Crown ED2/BRS ED single.

Looks like there might be a bit more hidden here and there, including the True Tears OP. Not going to search anymore for now, though.

Of course, damn near everything is available on iTunes Japan.

thetechkid

I haven't seen any new anime since the hurt caused by Star Driver and been looking at some more recently series that I haven't seen and wonder if Tiger & Bunny, Guilty Crown, Persona 4(never played the game), and the new last Exile are worth checking out.

Also 1/6 of the way to catching up on Conan.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Rinne no Lagrange - 04

Jealous and klutzy Lan was hilarious and adorable. Muganami teasing Lan was great too.

Besides that,
lol at that space alien guy getting a freebie escape card. People need to invest in better doors damn it.

I haven't seen any new anime since the hurt caused by Star Driver and been looking at some more recently series that I haven't seen and wonder if Tiger & Bunny, Guilty Crown, Persona 4(never played the game), and the new last Exile are worth checking out.

Guilty Crown and Tiger & Bunny are definitely worth it. Guilty Crown has good action, visuals, story, and character development, and was one of the more popular and enjoyable anime. I liked it for the main character and the struggles he endured as he ripped the power in the animes universe. Its really gripping and can be mind blowing, so definitely give it a try.

Tiger & Bunny is good superhero fun, story is a bit on the predictable side but it has a really nice cast of characters and good character interactions and friendships. Good OP and ED.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
welp, browsing anime CDs on Amazon JP somehow caused me to end up looking at figurines, and I can safely say that the situation is as depressing as it's always been. Sold-out preorders, third-party seller gouging on top of already-high MSRPs; I'm suddenly reminded why I stopped purchasing figurines altogether. Absolutely must not get bitten by the bug again.

I ordered some stuff :(

Ultimadrago

welp, browsing anime CDs on Amazon JP somehow caused me to end up looking at figurines, and I can safely say that the situation is as depressing as it's always been. Sold-out preorders, third-party seller gouging on top of already-high MSRPs; I'm suddenly reminded why I stopped purchasing figurines altogether. Absolutely must not get bitten by the bug again.

I ordered some stuff :(

Delicious consumer suffering.

trejo

Tiger & Bunny is good stuff up until the halfway mark, which is where it got Sunrise'd. The others are a resounding NO.

Play Persona 4 sometime, though. It's an awesome game.

Tiger & Bunny: Absolutely!
Guilty Crown: I like it a lot, but plenty of people consider it an awful trainwreck of a show. Decide yourself whether to watch it or not.
Persona 4: If you've never played the game, probably not. It's a fanservice show through and through, even to the point where some thing structurally don't make sense in anime form.

Articalys

Aniplex is now ready to make tons of money from people at C82.

Madoka Magica set (5000 yen):
- special illustrated ticket for the first two films
- "Summer Magical Girl Training Camp!!" drama CD
- witch illustration card
- and it all comes in an exclusive shopping bag

Fate/Zero set (5000 yen)
- special "The story leads to zero" t-shirt with what seems to be an illustration of Saber and young Shirou/Kerry (can't tell which)
- wrist strap with the command seals for all 7 classes
- audio commentary CD with the voice cast for episodes 23 and 25
- collection of artwork with each master/servant pair from the rental DVD jacket covers

Sword Art Online set (5000 yen)
- Kirito "Black Swordsman" black t-shirt
- Asuna "Flash" white t-shirt
- each shirt comes in an exclusive clear case

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate set (4000 yen)
- pink Chisato and blue Satsuki t-shirts, with illustrations by Hiroaki Gohda
- talk CD with Eriko Nakamura and Asami Imai (Haruka and Chihaya Chisato and Michiru)

Hidamari Sketch set (4000 yen)
- "Nighttime at Hidamari" talk CD with Kana Asumi (Yuno)
- puzzle activity book
- exclusive hooded towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom