• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
welp, browsing anime CDs on Amazon JP somehow caused me to end up looking at figurines, and I can safely say that the situation is as depressing as it's always been. Sold-out preorders, third-party seller gouging on top of already-high MSRPs; I'm suddenly reminded why I stopped purchasing figurines altogether. Absolutely must not get bitten by the bug again.

I ordered some stuff :(

I've been tempted to buy a figurine and I've had a tab open for the last couple of day. I have to also take into account there are two Lego models coming out that I want and both of them cost a pretty penny. And then there's a new console coming out that I may be obliged to get because that's just the way I am.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Aniplex is now ready to make tons of money from people at C82.

Madoka Magica set (5000 yen):
- special illustrated ticket for the first two films
- "Summer Magical Girl Training Camp!!" drama CD
- witch illustration card
- and it all comes in an exclusive shopping bag

Fate/Zero set (5000 yen)
- special "The story leads to zero" t-shirt with what seems to be an illustration of Saber and young Shirou/Kerry (can't tell which)
- wrist strap with the command seals for all 7 classes
- audio commentary CD with the voice cast for episodes 23 and 25
- collection of artwork with each master/servant pair from the rental DVD jacket covers

Sword Art Online set (5000 yen)
- Kirito "Black Swordsman" black t-shirt
- Asuna "Flash" white t-shirt
- each shirt comes in an exclusive clear case

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate set (4000 yen)
- pink Chisato and blue Satsuki t-shirts, with illustrations by Hiroaki Gohda
- talk CD with Eriko Nakamura and Asami Imai (Haruka and Chihaya Chisato and Michiru)

Hidamari Sketch set (4000 yen)
- "Nighttime at Hidamari" talk CD with Kana Asumi (Yuno)
- puzzle activity book
- exclusive hooded towel

Wait... Aniplex is the one doing SAO? Does that mean I can import the Blu-Rays? OMG!?!!!!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I haven't seen any new anime since the hurt caused by Star Driver and been looking at some more recently series that I haven't seen and wonder if Tiger & Bunny, Guilty Crown, Persona 4(never played the game), and the new last Exile are worth checking out.

Also 1/6 of the way to catching up on Conan.

I recently started watching GC again for the lolz and cajunator. The first two episodes are pretty solid. Can't say the same for the rest of the show though...

Jarmel

Banned
This is probably gonna sound stupid but it never occurred to me before that anime studios visit Comiket to sell stuff or have some announcements. I always thought it was strictly for doujin creators.

dat Madoka shopping bag

I would say most of the people there are for the anime studios.

cajunator

Banned
welp, browsing anime CDs on Amazon JP somehow caused me to end up looking at figurines, and I can safely say that the situation is as depressing as it's always been. Sold-out preorders, third-party seller gouging on top of already-high MSRPs; I'm suddenly reminded why I stopped purchasing figurines altogether. Absolutely must not get bitten by the bug again.

I ordered some stuff :(

Is not so bad. just dont look at how much you spent.
Also, when you see a preorder open, POUNCE ON IT!

Aniplex is now ready to make tons of money from people at C82.

Madoka Magica set (5000 yen):
- special illustrated ticket for the first two films
- "Summer Magical Girl Training Camp!!" drama CD
- witch illustration card
- and it all comes in an exclusive shopping bag

Fate/Zero set (5000 yen)
- special "The story leads to zero" t-shirt with what seems to be an illustration of Saber and young Shirou/Kerry (can't tell which)
- wrist strap with the command seals for all 7 classes
- audio commentary CD with the voice cast for episodes 23 and 25
- collection of artwork with each master/servant pair from the rental DVD jacket covers

Sword Art Online set (5000 yen)
- Kirito "Black Swordsman" black t-shirt
- Asuna "Flash" white t-shirt
- each shirt comes in an exclusive clear case

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate set (4000 yen)
- pink Chisato and blue Satsuki t-shirts, with illustrations by Hiroaki Gohda
- talk CD with Eriko Nakamura and Asami Imai (Haruka and Chihaya Chisato and Michiru)

Hidamari Sketch set (4000 yen)
- "Nighttime at Hidamari" talk CD with Kana Asumi (Yuno)
- puzzle activity book
- exclusive hooded towel

Thats not a lot of money really.
I wish I could go to these things :(

I've been tempted to buy a figurine and I've had a tab open for the last couple of day. I have to also take into account there are two Lego models coming out that I want and both of them cost a pretty penny. And then there's a new console coming out that I may be obliged to get because that's just the way I am.

Doooo it!
Penguin Musume told me to tell you that.

Depends on the figure.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 ep 3
tumblr_m87at4cy8s1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The anime continues to display an impressive level of detail in its visuals. It has this characteristic style that makes it just look fresh and new all the way through. There are a few visual oddities here and there (sometimes some bland textures on surfaces for one and awkward mix of different styles for the clouds and the ground that the interface they meet at looks odd) however it doesnt take away anything from the experience. The explosions still look as stunning as ever, no matter how big or how small.

tumblr_m87a8ubXGF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The interfaces used are also really impressive with their level of detail and clarity. The first two episodes had me impressed with their floor map of the solar system. I kind of get lost in just looking at them and focusing on them during the most technical jargon filled scenes. For example during the explanation of Iscander Warp Travel using that Wave Motion Engine, I liked how they displayed the interior of the system and went through the process of how they can use it for the Dimensional Wave Motion Explosive Compression Emitter to form micro black holes.

The warp travel looked really stunning at times both for the entry to get into it and inside of it.
tumblr_m879d4leJr1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_m879hitLbl1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Exiting through was quite cool too with the seemingly shards of ice covering it just breaking off like glass and shattering. I hope we get to see this again, which I guess we may.

For the characters, Kodai looked really cool as the Tactical Officer on board and manning the actual Wave Motion Cannon. The Wave Motion Cannon was pretty impressive and hopefully they can justify its use later on. I also like how more of the crew received larger roles, for example the other person who mans the guns (impressive reflection of the display they gave his glasses, I feel its something minor that shows tend to avoid.

For the actual plot, it was interesting and unique. I hope it stays focused on the crew and their interactions among each other.
Im curious why the Gamilians are resembled to humans in appearance and such, or is it just a coincidence. The entire time on the content of Jupiter was kind of nice even if just for how vivid and colorful the landscape was, I hope we get more of these and less of the red rocky surface of episode 1/2.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Why do things have to cost money

Jex

I want pictures of the upscale before I drop. Still debating whether I should wait for the English version or go all in for JP. US version packaging is going to be shit.

Not to single you out or anything, because lots of people have said this, but why do people keep assuming it's going to be an upscale?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sword of the Stranger
Of course something this good would be from 2007

I finally got around to watching this.

It was good.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon S 105

Perhaps it's simply because they haven't played a major role for an episode or 2, but Haruka and Michiru are becoming more tolerable.
Also, the fact that they still are very apprehensive about actually killing someone to take a talisman despite their facade of indifference, though it does annoy me that they don't have the courage to actually do it, does make them more sympathetic, and therefore likeable.

As far as a character episode goes, I feel like the ones in S haven't really been that good so far, compared to those in the previous seasons. Ami's, Rei's, and now Makoto's all felt rather bland, as far as actually revealing or developing character goes.

T_T. Man.... I hope someone localizes SAO eventually. It doesn't need dub. Just... please... give me SAO....

Isnt Aniplex America essentially guaranteed to bring it out. They need something to release next year apart from rereleases of BLue Exorcist and Fate/Zero. I also think its likely since they did spend the time to bring over the OP song.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well those are all Japanese releases, so it's still too early to tell for the NA market!

Aniplex: $4000 for the complete CCS collection on blu-ray

Sentai Filmworks: subs on Crunchyroll and $1000 for the complete CCS collection on VHS

Funimation: 12-episode releases on DVD/BD once to twice a year at $50/$60 each, releases canceled halfway through due to poor sales

S'More Entertainment: $40 for the complete CCS compressed to fit on three discs without subtitles

Media Blasters: purchases CCS license, never uses it, releases Cardcaptors DVDs instead

The prices wont be that bad over here.
SAO would not e priced as highly as Fate Zero.
I don't even think Bakemonagatari will be priced that highly.

Unless streaming numbers are super high, I guess theyd follow a release pattern like BLue Exorcist for SAO, I think. Sub only dvds first, blu ray full dub collection with Kirito's jacket a year later, maximum profits.

Media Blasters: purchases CCS license, never uses it, releases Cardcaptors DVDs instead

You mean, releases the first 7 episodes on DVD, then delays further releases for years while picking up Yaoi and ecchi anime licenses.

(my pain for Bakuman on disc, still waiting for episode 8-14).

Jarmel

Banned
Accel World 17-

Fuck this show and the characters on it. I'm only #hatewatch at this point and it's too good at that.

Oh my lord.

why.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom