• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Oh you will.

It is this knowledge that keeps me wanting to press on.
However while, for example, Yami to Boshi rewarded the viewer in surprising and terrible ways, Guilty Crown is not quite so engaging.

While that's true, you also see clues you ignored the first time.

There are so many details and symbolism going on in Utena/Penguin Drum that you are bound to miss some at first.

wonzo

Banned
Staff in:
Accel World (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-5, 12, 16)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) : Series Composition (Assistant), Screenplay (eps 12-13, 19)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (TV) : Series Composition (assistant)
Dance in the Vampire Bund (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-7, 10-12)
Darker than Black: Gemini of the Meteor (TV) : Scenario (eps 2-3)
Denpa teki na Kanojo (OAV) : Series Composition, Screenplay
Fractale (TV) : Script (eps 7, 9)
Gear Fighter Dendoh (TV) : Screenplay (10 episodes)
Gekito! Crush Gear Turbo (TV) : Script
Guilty Crown (TV) : Series Composition, Script (13 episodes)
IDOLM@STER: XENOGLOSSIA (TV) : Script (eps 6, 11-12)
Macross Frontier (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-3), Theme Song Lyrics ("Choujikku Hanten Nyan-Nyan")
Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime (movie) : Screenplay
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (TV) : Scenario (14 episodes)
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny (TV) : Script (9 episodes)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (movie) : Key Animation
My-Hime (manga) : Organization Cooperation
My-HiME (TV) : Series Composition, Script (eps 1-15, 17-22)
My-Otome (manga) : Scenario
My-Otome (TV) : Series Composition, Screenplay
My-Otome Zwei (OAV) : Series Composition, Scenario (eps 1-4)
(The) Qwaser of Stigmata (manga) : Story
Qwaser of Stigmata (TV) : Original creator (story)
Seikon no Qwaser II (TV) : Original creator (story)

Sound of the Sky (TV) : Series Composition, Script (14 episodes)
Toaru Majutsu no Index (movie) : Script
VITA Sexualis (manga) : Story

thepowerofvetti.gif

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO MAGI

For those on the Magi hype train, the official website has just been updated with the full staff list.

Director: Masunari Kouji
Series Composition: Yoshino Hiroyuki
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Akai Toshifumi
Concept Design: Takeuchi Shiho
Effects Animator: Hashimoto Takashi
Art Director: Kawamoto Ayu
Art Setting: Taniuchi Yuuho
Color Design: Suzuki Eri
Director of Photography: Sekiya Yoshihiro
Editing: Mishima Akinori
Sound Director: Kikuda Hiromi
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

A CM after today's AGE also showed the character visuals for Sinbad's trio and Judal:

Since they're still not revealing who's composing the OST, I suspect they have a pretty big name on board.

The character visuals are bad, really bad. It's maybe better not to buy tickets for this hypetrain.

Articalys

Ah yeah, I saw the DMC OVA on his resume list but thought it was just a one-off thing, not a full OVA series. Worth including as a note in the post, then.

Defuser

Kokoro Connect ep 5
Heartseed is such a fucking troll. Only Taichi can be so pimp to confess to a girl yet kissing another girl.

Texhnolyze 11

Uhhhhhhhhh...did he just...? He did. Yikes.

Hulu continues to flaunt its fucking uselessness: the subbed version is missing episodes 12 through 18. It has them dubbed, but like...what the hell?

Kokoro Connect ep 5
Heartseed is such a fucking troll. Only Taichi can be so pimp to confess to a girl yet kissing another girl.
I can think of someone else who was so bold, but things didn't turn out so great for him when all of his womanizing came to a head.

Kusagari

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 5:

I feel like I should hate this show, but Akatsuki is just too awesome. He singlehandedly carries the entire thing.

And this scene seriously made me lose it:

1344160430034.gif

fertygo

I don't know why so much rage for Magi's writer, its adaptation afterall and the material is excellent not like let say Accel World, they even already said want to adapt to certain point and give focus to it, its fine.

Sword Art Online 5

Also, I still don't understand. Do they feel things or do they not? You can kill someone in their sleep without them noticing, but then that dude was like spazzing out trying to take the spear out.
They feel things ..
in SAO , you feel small damage to yourself , hot and cold , windy and dry .
Hot & cold affect stats and perfomance , but this can be overcome by leveling up
They have a unique system for taste for food.
That only asuna will master.
They also feel fatigue not the real fatigue , but a fake one within the game and are required to sleep to get rid of it . Fatigue affect your overall stats( such as dexterity ).

Mawaru-Penguindrum 15:

Okay, so seriously. No, seriously. Seriously. Come on guys, seriously.

Did you really re-make Steins;Gate with different characters and just threw in a bunch of random symbolism and metaphysical and philosophical shit to thinly disguise it? This is really what all that shit is actually about? Someone please tell me this isn't seriously what it's about. When's Okarin going to show up, anyways?

you're still missing some twists ... you're not out of the hoods yet ..

Can't wait to see your reaction

Hagure Yuusha 5

Bra tutorial episode. Now I'll know what to do if I ever get transformed into a girl.

What makes this show amazing is Akatsuki is essentially a wannabe rapist played for laughs, yet the girls still hang out with him as if his sexual harassment should be met with an "oh you" reaction. His randomly appearing standing on walls shtick is also amazing.
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 5:

I feel like I should hate this show, but Akatsuki is just too awesome. He singlehandedly carries the entire thing.

And this scene seriously made me lose it:

1344160430034.gif

That skill ..DAT skill .. i want that skill ...

cajunator

Banned
Let me phrase it differently then. Star Fox 64 was one of the best rail shooters ever made, and there have been many entries in that genre but the good ones were few and far between.

Yeah I agree with you there. Also, Sin and Punishment 1,2 were pretty kickass and a challenge. Speaking of which, Sin and Punishment could make an interesting anime series. Maybe. A lot of videogames could.

They feel things ..
in SAO , you feel small damage to yourself , hot and cold , windy and dry .
Hot & cold affect stats and perfomance , but this can be overcome by leveling up
They have a unique system for taste for food.
That only asuna will master.
They also feel fatigue not the real fatigue , but a fake one within the game and are required to sleep to get rid of it . Fatigue affect your overall stats( such as dexterity ).
But like, what about when those dudes went to town on Kirito in episode 4? And the way they described sleep PKing made it sound like the person doesn't wake up despite being stabbed/chopped repeatedly.

Fatigue affecting your stats is pretty cool, though.

Defuser

But like, what about when those dudes went to town on Kirito in episode 4? And the way they described sleep PKing made it sound like the person doesn't wake up despite being stabbed/chopped repeatedly.

It could be referring to PKers who are high level that can take out a single person with very little hits.

Dresden

Pretty sure you don't feel any pain, although you do feel something to warn you that you got hit. Their reactions tend to be along the lines of ohmygodmyHPisdroppingfuuuuuuuuuu

But the source material is already awesome. I don't know what those crazy people on the other page are saying.
They know not of what they speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom